[SERIE A] Palermo 0-2 JUVENTUS (21/02/09) (2 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
The fans vote with their heart first and with their logic then.
I m sure they were pity of the poor Molinaro who is trying hard to learn football at this age...
They also punished some of the better players who actually had some expectations from!
But i de say that Moli was one of the least affected by the absence of Chiellini, mostly because he has practically no responsibilities in our back line...
How did you know that fans voted with their hearts and not with their logic???

They were pity of the poor Molinaro? Interesting really.
He has no responsabilities in our back line???

I don't know how some of you can be convinced that he was our best player and it's not his fault if he has performed better than the likes of Nedved, Del Piero, Amauri, Sissoko.

One can argue if he doesn't like his style or if he thinks what he's giving isn't that good or enough, but to say that he was our best player because people felt pity for him and because they voted with their hearts, that's something I can't really understand.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
I m sure they were pity of the poor Molinaro who is trying hard to learn football at this age...
They also punished some of the better players who actually had some expectations from!

But i de say that Moli was one of the least affected by the absence of Chiellini, mostly because he has practically no responsibilities in our back line...

And Moli does good once once every 2 seasons:lol:
Chiellini has covered Moli's arse for quite some time, and I was actually surprised how well Moli played in Giorgio's absence. Grygera and Mellberg are rubbish and simply put in a couple of horror shows during that same period of time... plus, they were getting their support from Marchionni - enough said there.

In the past I was always griping about Moli, but I think he's shown considerable improvement in his performances over last year. That's actually quite difficult for me to say, considering how much I complained about the player, but I really think it's true. Even if he still can't effectively deliver on the offensive end, at least he's playing pretty solid D. A new LM would help to further divert attention away from his O deficiencies as well. This player is certainly not responsible (in any way, really) for our recent stumble.

There are 2 positions that undeniably need to be upgraded before the LB spot - those being LM, and RB. I actually think that some depth at RM and CB should also be given priority over LB at this time. Moli's improving, and De Ceglie needs to be given an opportunity to play (I still think DC could be Italy's future LB); clearly we're not in the market for a LB, and based upon team needs/budget, I can't really argue with that. We obviously have to work within obvious financial constraints (given past circumstance, the stadium, etc.).

Like him, or hate him, I think Moli will be here for some time to come. He's still young, has a long term contract and the support of our manager - people may as well make a legitimate attempt to curb the hatred for one of our own...

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
maybe he was reffering to the "aaaw" part of the heart...i know that moli does the puppy dog eyes when he's on the field..or maybe because he threws his short..

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
So you want to take Molinaro, a player who has enough trouble dealing with about 180 degrees in front of him, and put him in a position where he's exposed to 360 degrees of pressure?

Sorry, Snoop, but that's not going to work.
You got it wrong. I am not telling you we should use him as a defensive midfielder, If he had grown up in that position as a player, I believe he has the quality to become a better player there. He is quick, good tackler, can follow the ball well, and intercept it brilliantly, and he physically he is strong and fast, he can run on the players to steal ball. he is no good marker, for that reason I don't like him in the box, hence the defensive midfield!

I think he is, not only because his defensive skills are pretty bad, but like i said, he rarely goes back to defend.
You can check all the goals Palermo conceded, or you can simply check our goals from yesterday. On both goals Palermo had 3 of the 4 defenders at the back, in the box, and only one was missing- Balzaretti. (for the second goal he even stopped in our part of the pitch to fix his boots and he was jogging back). Molinaro on the other hand is always there to defend, always.
That because he was used a lot on attack, and he was very useful, one must admit. Crossing after other, nice passes after other, I believe it's the manager's fault (that if it is wrong) that he stayed front, and left space behind. but that's nothing to do with talent, if he is told to be more careful and go back at time, he will, and will become a better wing-back.

The full backs are primarly defenders. They are part of the back 4 and their main job is to defend their side. In attack there is the winger who is more responsible for crossing and creating and the full back is only upgrading the attack on that side, but at the back there is no-one to help him.
Being as great in attack as in defense (or at least close to it) is what seperates a great full back from the good/average/bad full backs but if you're not a good defender you must be a Danny Alves and be fantastic in attack to be concidered a great full back (and even Alves is miles ahead of Balza in defending).

Of course, there are exceptions of the rule and some can be concidered great full backs even if they aren't great in one of defending/attacking (Alves, Thuram), but for 99% of them that's the case. First you must be good in defense and your qualities in attack are only a bonus. If you're not good in defense then you shouldn't even play LB/RB.
I don't agree with you here. If I ask you to name me top full backs, you will probably tell me R.Carlos and Zambrotta, we can't deny they are one of the bests. Why? Because they fly like a rocket from defense, make dribbles and give great crosses. Those two were bad at defending two. I am not telling you it's not very important for a wing-back to defend, but attacking qualities are more important I think. Like I said, Molinaro defends much better than Balzaretti, but Balzaretti isn't that bad on one-on-one, plus he stopped the game a lot when it was necessary, none of these two are my favorite full-backs, but I prefer Balzaretti over Molinaro any time, because Molinaro wastes loads of chances on attacks, and that's more harmful. If he was as bad as Grygera in defending, I would agreed with you, but he isn't..

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
we should compare molinaro to other left backs we had and if you compare him to pessotto for example then molinaro is not much worse.
pessotto might have been a bit better defensively, but was not really much going forward ... hence he did not cross that often ... he might have done that better then molinaro, but he really did not offer that much going forward, because he simply did not make so many runs.
molinaro does that and has a huge speed advantage over pessotto, so don't be so harsh, if you know a player who was at least a squad player for juve for many years that was not really much better (if at all)

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Even if the fans votes are based on their hearts rather than their logic, it won't depreciate Molinaro's improvement in the last few matches. I still dislike him though.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
You can check all the goals Palermo conceded, or you can simply check our goals from yesterday. On both goals Palermo had 3 of the 4 defenders at the back, in the box, and only one was missing- Balzaretti.
The same thing can be said about Molinaro, when we conceded those goals we did, at the previous matches, while we were in crisis.
Molinaro was better than the rest, because he wasnt there and started to actively involve himself with our play upfront, not because he actually ever stopped someone!!
The full backs are primarly defenders.
I fully agree with that, they are defenders ffs. I ve been always defending Thuram for this and i was all alone, wtf where you back then Allen??
You let the Cafu fans took over and look what happened to football?:pimp:
BUT all the coaches in the world insist the they have to be multi-functional in the modern day football and that they had to contribute more in the offense, providing more tactical solution/support. (on theory at least)
Just like they prefer tall and strong forwards, like Vieri and unlike DP
and creative!!! DMs, unlike Davids!!
In modern day football, if you are not multi functional, you better... quit!
Unless you are pretty good on what you are doing and unfortunately, Moli's potential is very limited...
How did you know that fans voted with their hearts and not with their logic???
Why would they do otherwise??:p

One can argue if he doesn't like his style or if he thinks what he's giving isn't that good or enough, but to say that he was our best player because people felt pity for him and because they voted with their hearts, that's something I can't really understand.
Neither am i, but fans tend to be biased (due to expectations, preferred player, nationality, race, age etc) but you can get more safe conclusions if you ask neutral spectators about it, or experts!

If what Cronios said is true, then Del Piero would be winning this award every single month if not twice a month. Anyway.
Not if he was mostly benched on that particular month, right?;)
Unless you imply that Moli out-perfomed him, when he scored that FK and then made that decisive tackle on the line...
These days it seems that Marchionni and Grygera are on my short list for that before I get to Molinaro.
Those 3 should not be starters at any case. Moli and Grygera are only good enough for subs. Since they are not promising enough, i would prefer younger players, with potential, like DC for the sub role. But since we are presumably "building", a "competitive" team, we could use their accumulated exp and extended play time, as reserves!
They should be replaced asap, esp Marchionni, his time is up and he is a liability,
by far the worst player in this season. He is not even good enough to be a sub!
Def not a sub of player with an injuries history, as Camo's.
We need to raise our standards as team and those 3 gents should be replaced.
The more players of their quality we have as starters, the less competitive we are going to be!

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Even if the fans votes are based on their hearts rather than their logic, it won't depreciate Molinaro's improvement in the last few matches. I still dislike him though.
Me too, i stopped bashing him and even defended him at times.
But this has gone too far now... they are ppl actively supporting him and trying to convince us, that he is as good as the rest of our players.
Molinaro has very limited potential, he will never be a quality player.
There is a great gap of quality between him and the rest of our players.
Right now, my worst fears are being confirmed, we have developed a tolerance towards mediocre material and contribution.
Our expectations will be greatly affected by that, we are moving away from our ideals.
We are not trying to heal our broken wings, but rather prefer to use our short and weak legs to pull as forward...

We have wasted a great time on Moli.
We have invested a whole season to make him barely useful.
And what for?? Molinaro, will never be a part of the future strong Juve,
because Molinaro cant fly!:shifty:
We ve wasted players with potential, like De Ceglie and even Balzaretti for his shake. I have reasons to believe that CR is afraid to use Giovinco, partly because of this. Why all those sacrifices?? To save money?? Is Moli's salary so much lower than DC's or Balza's??
I just wonder why, we keep such a limited player and keep investing on him...

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
i stopped bashing him
Lets stop fooling eachother. You never stopped bashing him :D

Right now, my worst fears are being confirmed
:lol: i love you man

If you say again that famous sentence of yours ( ... my worst fears, my nightmare, everything i said was true....) i'll owe you for life and i'll even join you in the Molinaro bashing.

Come on, say it, for me. :D

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
The full backs are primarly defenders. They are part of the back 4 and their main job is to defend their side.
:delpiero: finally someone who thinks like me & that fullbacks are DEFENDERS FIRST!!

that is y i hate ppl who rate D. alves & bosingwa as good right backs when they're not that solid at the primary part of the game which is defending.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
If you say again that famous sentence of yours ( ... my worst fears, my nightmare, everything i said was true....) i'll owe you for life and i'll even join you in the Molinaro bashing.

I'm still undecided whether your comment is sadistic or masochistic :D

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Lets stop fooling eachother. You never stopped bashing him :D
But, i did:stuckup:

She thinks he's not handsome enough.
Typical girl-fan.
He can be a "bad" person, even if he is as beautiful ac C.Ronaldo though.
And no, Molinaro is not as ugly as Chiellini is, but no one is complaining about him...

:lol: i love you man

I will, when the time comes:tongue:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
He can be a "bad" person, even if he is as beautiful ac C.Ronaldo though.
So you find C.Ronaldo beautiful?
Not handsome or good looking but you find him beautiful?????
:D

king Ale; so those SMS's you keep sending me and what you write there is all lies?

edit: Or what you want to say is that Moli is also one of the most handsome guys you've seen in your life?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)