[SERIE A] Palermo 0-2 JUVENTUS (21/02/09) (4 Viewers)

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
About the subs...if you are going for the win in the 75-80th minute...u can't put in dm's unless there is an injury..u must see the luck in poulsen's goal...he was just there,even chimi would score from there..when you have 3 or 4 strikers with 5-10 minutes left ..then you can force the winning goal.
DP is always playing for the team..i donno what are you talking about.
I don't want to be the negative one here or the x'man or i donno who..i ain't the person to argue all day long..i only presented the aspect that i feel about ranieri motivating (or not) our team at half time..

you either did not watch the game or whatever..

anyway check image with statistic about our attack, subs, chances

Did DP had fantastic header too, ball was on ground btw?

one more thing, we played with 10 players since 11th minute , now you can go to sleep..

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
i've seen the game ;)....what is that about DP ?...i didn't understand it.
especially in this game del piero did dribble too much ... he had many situations where he better had tried to pass instead of holding the ball or dribbling with it and then get dispossesed.

if you can not see something like this, than you are perhaps too much of a alex fan;)

Mar 30, 2006
I wonder what strikers we will play for Palermo. WIll we rest Ale for the Chelsea game or Amauri? Or do we play Amauri and unleash Trez against Chelsea?

I am very worried about Hiddink .. he changes the Chelsea game totally.

Freeman

Feb 17, 2009
I wonder what strikers we will play for Palermo. WIll we rest Ale for the Chelsea game or Amauri? Or do we play Amauri and unleash Trez against Chelsea?

I am very worried about Hiddink .. he changes the Chelsea game totally.
Yup, he changes the Chelsea game totally, that is good for Juve.

Consistency! That is a big deal.

Mar 30, 2006
Yup, he changes the Chelsea game totally, that is good for Juve.

Consistency! That is a big deal.
for something like the league but for CL anything can happen and Hiddink can come up with a very good game plan for Juve. Big Phil's Chelsea were very bland and were unable to beat big clubs so we really had that in our favour.

I hope we are not too distracted for the Palermo game because I could see us going there and getting beaten. They are playing well and are very dangerous

Freeman

Feb 17, 2009
Hiddink can only maintain good ties with players, coz time is limited. If he can put up a good game plan, Big Phil can offer a better one.

Of course, Hiddink is a wonder-maker, but the achievements are based on time.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
especially in this game del piero did dribble too much ... he had many situations where he better had tried to pass instead of holding the ball or dribbling with it and then get dispossesed.

if you can not see something like this, than you are perhaps too much of a alex fan;)
i didn't understand what amaurisimo tried to say in that sentence..thats it..

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
@blondu_not_rulz
i only wanted to say that it was not only luck with Poulsen goal, timing wise hell yeah.. But if u see stats u will notice that we wanted so much to win even with players less..So i mention DP because as if Poulsen or Molinaro would miss something like that , it would be end of world. U mentioned Chimi but than you did not mention DP. DP trying way too much in recent games, thats all. I hope for our best that he will have hell of a game next wed.

Chelsea under Scolari were playing 451 with Anelka as lone striker. Hiddink in his first game (cup) played both Anelka and Drogba and on trainings too..
So they will play 442 for sure.

As we played our friendly yesterday IQ/Trez at front , it might be possible that those 2 will start Palermo game, with Amauri and DP on bench.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Del Capitano "tries too much" when the movement around him is shitty, so he has no choice but to slow down, hold the possession, or try to dribble.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Chelsea under Scolari were playing 451 with Anelka as lone striker. Hiddink in his first game (cup) played both Anelka and Drogba and on trainings too..
So they will play 442 for sure.

As we played our friendly yesterday IQ/Trez at front , it might be possible that those 2 will start Palermo game, with Amauri and DP on bench.
Hiddink wasn't in charge of Chelsea in the cup game. He was in the stands sitting next to Abramovic.

Not that it means anything as I am sure Hiddink will implement the 4-4-2 as well. Chelsea's weakness is their flanks and with both Drogba and Anelka on the filed they will work a lot from the center as both have a high work rate drawing back, especially Anelka.

When Essien comes back I expect him to field a diamond midfield like this:

Essien
Lampard Deco
Ballack​

I don't know who can replace Essien against us in such a formation though.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Eℓvin;1904269 said:
Del Capitano "tries too much" when the movement around him is shitty, so he has no choice but to slow down, hold the possession, or try to dribble.
do you know what footballers(these kind of footballers that are not to ball-loving) do in such situations?

the play the ball back to a teammate that perhaps a bit farer away from goal and instantly run to create space for the teammate or run into spaces to receive the ball again in a better position...

its called football not dribbleball ... a one-two is always the better way to pass opponents

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)