Serie A: Napoli vs Juventus [October 27th 2007] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Man of the match: The referee

Sadly I don't see how things have changed post-calciopoli. The teams that are favour still get their favour, while we are still being tormented with lots of fouls against us and 2 people being sent off for no reason

Tough times ahead guys, with all these dubious penalty calls and cards flashing out to us like nobody's business.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Sure he ran past him, but he also ran past half of the defense. Maybe you should square your anger at them as well. Look you don't have to like Legro, but you can't deny that he's been doing a good job so far. I mean, who else would you have starting? Injured Andrade or Boumsong? Who Vinni? Please enlighten us.
my anger goes to them and the offense as well..scoring only once against a fair-at-best Napoli defense is unacceptable

Were you actually serious about relating him doing an interview to him not performing in training?
seems to me like he's been doing a little too much talking to the press in the last month or so, and he should concentrate on his game....I see nothing wrong with making this statement

We definitely got screwed by the ref on the call against Chellini....and the second penalty I could almost give the ref the benefit of the doubt, where he had a quick second to make the call (the replays dont lie, however), but where was our response ?? Also, what happened to our offense in the first half ?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
my anger goes to them and the offense as well..scoring only once against a fair-at-best Napoli defense is unacceptable
I don't want to sound like our player's lawyer but i think that in those 7 minutes our players lost the will to play, just like we didn't want to watch.
Maybe, and i think surely, we would have scored another goal if the ref didn't screw us and totally killed us with the scandalous penalties.
And after all, Inter scored 2 goals against Napoli, it's not like every team scores 4 goals to them.
It's not always about how good/bad the defence is. It's about the tactics as well. Roma-Napoli was all-attack football, with more atention put on attack than defense. Napoli-Juve wasn't such match.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Mourinho would have turned the table upside down with his comments, he would have exploded the whole system. This man has balls, bring him in as soon as possible.

Reporter from Gazzetta: Jose, what do you think about your loss in this important game, two games ahead of your big encounter against Inter?

Mourinho: Game? what game? I stopped watching the game right after the second penalty. Anyone calling this a football game needs help. A joke is the most it can be called.

Reporter from Gazzetta: Are you blaming the referee?

Mourinho: The donkey? Well of course isn't it obvious he ruined it?

Reporter from Gazzetta: What are you going to do about it?

Mourinho: I will first stop talking to you.
:D I love how you think, Jack.

Seriously. I've always thought Mourinho is the ideal man for the job not because of his record tactically. But that guy is balls-out take-no-prisoners when he thinks something is fishy. And he calls people on it when they say or insinuate something ridiculous. I have always loved that guy for that. :weee:

But I will say, Ranieri has been ballsy with our own players on occasion, which has been great to see.

Vinman and I have been saying the same thing here. One ridiculous and one sketchy penalty aside, what let us down most in this match was our attack. We blew clear chances we should have nailed. We completely lost focus after the first penalty and cannot afford to do that in close games.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I don't want to sound like our player's lawyer but i think that in those 7 minutes our players lost the will to play, just like we didn't want to watch.
Maybe, and i think surely, we would have scored another goal if the ref didn't screw us and totally killed us with the scandalous penalties.
That's no excuse. No team -- no professional team a athletes paid millions -- has any excuse of falling behind and losing all focus on a bad call or freak play and can call a mulligan. They are paid to be focused, show tenacity, come back, and win.

Adversity is going to hit us a lot this season, and you either have it in you -- to dig it out when you need it -- or you don't. If we can't handle adversity in a match and instead mentally check out because a call didn't go our way, we are screwed and may as well kiss off any hopes of CL play next year right now.

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
I'm surprised Molinaro can put sentences together. ;)
Actually you can thank Google translate for that. .
Mourinho would have turned the table upside down with his comments, he would have exploded the whole system. This man has balls, bring him in as soon as possible.

Reporter from Gazzetta: Jose, what do you think about your loss in this important game, two games ahead of your big encounter against Inter?

Mourinho: Game? what game? I stopped watching the game right after the second penalty. Anyone calling this a football game needs help. A joke is the most it can be called.

Reporter from Gazzetta: Are you blaming the referee?

Mourinho: The donkey? Well of course isn't it obvious he ruined it?

Reporter from Gazzetta: What are you going to do about it?

Mourinho: I will first stop talking to you.
:rofl2: I got a fever and only Mourinho and more cowbell can cure it. . .

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Vinni, let's just agree to disagree.

On another note, this is what Tuttosport headline look like (btw, I've never seen a Tuttosport issue on a Sunday!:

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Perhaps we should cool the conspiracy talk for now. The decisions were poor and we had an incompetent referee, but these things happen. And lets not kid ourselves either, we have players who dive just as Zalayeta did yesterday, a bitter defeat can cloud everyone's better judgement but lets not pigeonhole ourselves into thinking the FIGC is against us and that Morratti's behind another conspiracy.

We have gotten to where we are based on our own merit and a little bad luck thus far this season, and if the system is to be truly fair then such matches are surely inevitable as we hope the decisions even out come the end of the season. The competence of the personnel who officiate in our matches is something we have little jurisdiction over.

Mar 24, 2006
:eek: :eek: :eek:

That was really dissapointed after got a sweet dream and you ended sadly when see your team lost in Livescore :faq2:

so that was really Maurinho blame about yesterday match ? Maurinho , you are the man ! I'm starting to dislike Ranieri for all his tinkering :faq1:

Mar 24, 2006
Lets hope Palermo can do something to keep the gap close.
We need our ex Miccoli-man favour this time :)

---------------------------------------
1. from Eurosport:
Napoli come again and Zalayeta with the flick in the box to Lavezzi but a great standing tackle by Chiellini who clears AND THE REF HAS POINTED TO THE SPOT! Quite amazing, that was never a foul, he quite clearly won the ball and was nowhere near the man!

2. from eurosport
Zalayeta gets on the end of a one-two but has overun it and jumps over Buffon who came out to claim and the ref has pointed to the spot! Another contentious penalty! Amazing!

conmebol

Sep 30, 2007
Perhaps we should cool the conspiracy talk for now. The decisions were poor and we had an incompetent referee, but these things happen. And lets not kid ourselves either, we have players who dive just as Zalayeta did yesterday, a bitter defeat can cloud everyone's better judgement but lets not pigeonhole ourselves into thinking the FIGC is against us and that Morratti's behind another conspiracy.

We have gotten to where we are based on our own merit and a little bad luck thus far this season, and if the system is to be truly fair then such matches are surely inevitable as we hope the decisions even out come the end of the season. The competence of the personnel who officiate in our matches is something we have little jurisdiction over.
Unfortunately the same referee didn't give free kick for Juventus when Del Piero was tackled right outside the box.

Mar 24, 2006
After reviewing those 2 fakes penalties again and again

Those 2 penalties should have never been given.
The first one was a good tackle from Chiellini and a dive from napoli.
The second was zalayeta trying to avoid contact with Buffon. Buffon did not obstruct anything.
Napoli just got lucky. Wait till you come to Torino..
were gonna send you from where you came, the gutter. scumbags

Vafanculo that Referee and someone might behind in this all conspiracy

Forza JUVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)