Serie A: Napoli vs Juventus [October 27th 2007] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
You know, this outrage against Napoli could be good for our campaign in the long run. I mean, the "others" will have to stay low for a while.

Juve against the World baby, fuck everybody else!

Mar 24, 2006
Reja stands up for ref

Napoli Coach Edy Reja has defended the referee who awarded two highly debatable penalties in the 3-1 victory over Juventus.

“From my position on the bench they both seemed to be very clear spot-kicks,” said the tactician before he viewed the slow-motion replays of the incidents.

Giorgio Chiellini appeared to cleanly tackle Ezequiel Lavezzi for the first penalty, then Marcelo Zalayeta dived over Gianluigi Buffon.

“Looking at the Zalayeta replay, it does seem to be dubious,” confessed Reja. “From pitch side the striker’s movement seemed normal. You get a different impression when seeing it at normal speed than slowed down.

Instead, he preferred to focus on the fine performance of his Napoli squad in their first victory over Juve since 1990.

“We closed down all the spaces very well and, despite the fact they were playing with three forwards, had few real scoring opportunities.

“In the first half we were more aggressive and counter-attacking, partly thanks to an excellent game from Manuele Blasi. We penetrated from the flanks, but Lavezzi also needs a lot of space to really express himself.”

Napoli are currently in fifth place and doing remarkably well for a side that had not seen Serie A in seven years.

“We have some physically strong players who also have great technique, such as Blasi and Marek Hamsik, while Zalayeta brings international experience. Lavezzi and Walter Gargano are young, but have real personality. I can’t take much credit for this squad, as it’s easy with these players.”

What an Idiot :faq2:

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/oct23a.html

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
well i saw the game on a fairly good stream, so i will try and cover all of the points i noticed.

Football first. Sadly our defense failed us again, they do so well for the whole game and then this lapse of concentration that cost us dearly. Once they got that first goal they got the upper hand. How did Gargano get through three defenders ! Its just atrocious defending at that moment which is simply the story of our season.

Also we missed zanetti really really bad last night as we couldn't control the midfield at all. Almiron was just overwhelmed by Blasi and Gargano and nocerino worked hard but he is just too inexperienced.

Almiron disappointed me again as he had too many erratic passes and i don't know how he got that much minutes on the field. He couldn't impose himself on the midfield and i expect much more from him.

It was just a night where a lot of things went wrong for us as just after they scored we hit the post and the bar. We could've finished them off then and there even with the extra assistance they were getting.

Although we didn't control the midfield and the game overall but i thought we played well as we showed good touches, runs and a lot of good interplay between the front three. Palladino is great and he will just get better with time.

Molinaro is too up and down for my likely and i just fear he will struggle for consistency. Ranieri will need to consider that over the season.

Brazzo is only there to provide more stability in the midfield as he is not a conventional winger and i know he is only there because of his defensive abilities.

About the controversy well....I will not say much, because its as clear as you can get. But i hope the team will not let this effect them and this is where Ranieri earns his big bucks. He needs to get the concentration of the players back on the games coming. We need responses on the field and starting from the midweek game against Empoli. This is how this club does it.

I was waiting for this game against the Napoleatan on their ground since we drew with them last year. I really wanted to beat in their beloved San Paulo but....

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
when i heard the result i was shocked but when i read that there was 2 debatable penalties i knew that the stupid ref was the reason in this defeat. i did not see the match but to give 2 penalties in one match the stupid ref must be 100% sure that they are correct but in this case he is not , as they said they are punishing juve this season.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
You know, this outrage against Napoli could be good for our campaign in the long run. I mean, the "others" will have to stay low for a while.

Juve against the World baby, fuck everybody else!
i think ur right ey, i noticed all the players after the game were told not to say anything, hopefully those 2 penalties makes the our squad come together more in the face of well bullshit like this..

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
After reviewing those 2 fakes penalties again and again

Those 2 penalties should have never been given.
The first one was a good tackle from Chiellini and a dive from napoli.
The second was zalayeta trying to avoid contact with Buffon. Buffon did not obstruct anything.
Napoli just got lucky. Wait till you come to Torino..
were gonna send you from where you came, the gutter. scumbags

Vafanculo that Referee and someone might behind in this all conspiracy

Forza JUVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ive agreed with everything u said but ey theres nothing wrong with the dirty south:p

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
C mon guys it could have been much worse, we didnt play better than Napoli and even before the refs interfere, we could only do as well as a draw, honestly, we did not deserve anything more...As far as i m concerned, we only lost 1 point!
The first penalty was indeed an unacceptable mistake, as Molinaro said; only by looking the direction of the ball, you can see that Chiellini contacted her, before he contact the diver, but his clumsy moves can fool any ref and this was not the first time it happened, nor the last...

Napoli players were diving from the start, in many cases Bergonzi denied them other fouls, or even penalties, i reckon though he should be more careful after that, everybody knows that Napoliteans are cheaters and refs should work hard on changing their serie b mentality, by punishing them, when they dive and complain...As long, as you award them and giving them penalties and points, they will keep diving and complaining...

Zalayeta's dive was really pro, it is very obvious that all he wanted to do is take the penalty, he had no intention to shoot, but the way he did, by dropping the ball forward and diving had a fault since Buffon didnt touch him, i m sure that he wouldnt insist if the ref wouldnt call it, the ref couldnt see if it was a contact or not, but he could see that Buffon didnt touched the ball and was brought down,
most of the refs, do award such penalties, i disagree, but thats the way it is...
All we can do, is now allowing him to have a face to face with Buffon, we gave him the chance to do that.

We have been robbed in the past and we have been accused of receiving favor, that is far more infuriating than that, i would like to see though, if the post match Italian shows will focus on Trezequet's disallowed goal, or the penalties, i was prepared for this treatment by the refs and even worse, we lost the war and the winner takes it all... But still, i think that there still a room for improvements in our team, our defense has wholes, our centre is took weak or inexperienced and our attack isnt effective, we need Ballack and a decent CB, we can do much better than that...

We lack determination at some points, or coach wasnt present in this match, we had too many young and inexperienced players and most important, we lacked Neddy's heart, you see there is a reason we always lose determination at these dark moments. After the penalty, we disappeared, we allowed them to take the upperhand and keep attacking us, when we had no chance to come back and they had the chance to extend their lead.
This is were Neddy and Camo come in and push our team, forward, by their own sheer will!! Without them, we cannot retaliate, without them we always lose hope, focus and determination, on the pitch and eventually...points on the table...
The real enforcer in our midfield is Zanetti, unfortunately no one can replace him, our transfer campaign failed...

The ref determined the result, i hate it when it happens, but i m used to it!
We have to look forward and fix our own problems first...

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
This is a catastrophy. Those two penalties were the most stupid calls from a referee I've seen in my entire life. Let's just pray we won't be having the same referee as Bergonzi every game.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
This is a catastrophy. Those two penalties were the most stupid calls from a referee I've seen in my entire life. Let's just pray we won't be having the same referee as Bergonzi every game.
Apparently Collina found the winning forumla in Bergonzi now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)