Serie A: Napoli vs Juventus [October 27th 2007] (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

soulslider

Rregula sound
May 16, 2006
Napoli President Apologizes To Juve For Referee Blunders

The President of the Partenopei apologized for winning in the way Napoli did on Saturday evening, with two inexistent penalties against the Bianconeri.

Aurelio De Laurentiis went to apologize to Juve President Giovanni Cobolli Giglio at the end of the Napoli-Juventus clash which ended 3-1 in favour of the Partenopei thanks to two inexistent penalties awarded in favour of the home team by the referee.

"The players were great, but winning this way is not nice," commented the Napoli President at the end of the game. "However, I cannot do anything and it's not our fault."

De Laurentiis then went on to suggest what many believe is the only solution for these kind of problems.

"In Federation they must understand that the time has arrived to use the video replay on the pitch. It is especially necessary for the penalties."

Thanks to this win, Napoli climbed up the standings into fifth place, whereas Juventus lost the opportunity of reaching Inter at the top of the standings.

Glenn Debattista

goal.com

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
C mon guys it could have been much worse, we didnt play better than Napoli and even before the refs interfere, we could only do as well as a draw, honestly, we did not deserve anything more...As far as i m concerned, we only lost 1 point!
The first penalty was indeed an unacceptable mistake, as Molinaro said; only by looking the direction of the ball, you can see that Chiellini contacted her, before he contact the diver, but his clumsy moves can fool any ref and this was not the first time it happened, nor the last...

Napoli players were diving from the start, in many cases Bergonzi denied them other fouls, or even penalties, i reckon though he should be more careful after that, everybody knows that Napoliteans are cheaters and refs should work hard on changing their serie b mentality, by punishing them, when they dive and complain...As long, as you award them and giving them penalties and points, they will keep diving and complaining...

Zalayeta's dive was really pro, it is very obvious that all he wanted to do is take the penalty, he had no intention to shoot, but the way he did, by dropping the ball forward and diving had a fault since Buffon didnt touch him, i m sure that he wouldnt insist if the ref wouldnt call it, the ref couldnt see if it was a contact or not, but he could see that Buffon didnt touched the ball and was brought down,
most of the refs, do award such penalties, i disagree, but thats the way it is...
All we can do, is now allowing him to have a face to face with Buffon, we gave him the chance to do that.

We have been robbed in the past and we have been accused of receiving favor, that is far more infuriating than that, i would like to see though, if the post match Italian shows will focus on Trezequet's disallowed goal, or the penalties, i was prepared for this treatment by the refs and even worse, we lost the war and the winner takes it all... But still, i think that there still a room for improvements in our team, our defense has wholes, our centre is took weak or inexperienced and our attack isnt effective, we need Ballack and a decent CB, we can do much better than that...

We lack determination at some points, or coach wasnt present in this match, we had too many young and inexperienced players and most important, we lacked Neddy's heart, you see there is a reason we always lose determination at these dark moments. After the penalty, we disappeared, we allowed them to take the upperhand and keep attacking us, when we had no chance to come back and they had the chance to extend their lead.
This is were Neddy and Camo come in and push our team, forward, by their own sheer will!! Without them, we cannot retaliate, without them we always lose hope, focus and determination, on the pitch and eventually...points on the table...
The real enforcer in our midfield is Zanetti, unfortunately no one can replace him, our transfer campaign failed...

The ref determined the result, i hate it when it happens, but i m used to it!
We have to look forward and fix our own problems first...
I dont think that they played much better than we did. They had the lion's share of the possession however we had the better chances. They only had half chances and they scored from a real lapse of concentration by three of our guys who didn't want to stick a leg out to intercept the ball.

I agree we lacked a lot in the middle(zanetti) but i thought palladino did very well to cover neddy something we shouldn't take away from the kid.

May 22, 2007

The President of the Partenopei apologized for winning in the way Napoli did on Saturday evening, with two inexistent penalties against the Bianconeri.

Aurelio De Laurentiis went to apologize to Juve President Giovanni Cobolli Giglio at the end of the Napoli-Juventus clash which ended 3-1 in favour of the Partenopei thanks to two inexistent penalties awarded in favour of the home team by the referee.

"The players were great, but winning this way is not nice," commented the Napoli President at the end of the game. "However, I cannot do anything and it's not our fault."

De Laurentiis then went on to suggest what many believe is the only solution for these kind of problems.

"In Federation they must understand that the time has arrived to use the video replay on the pitch. It is especially necessary for the penalties."

Thanks to this win, Napoli climbed up the standings into fifth place, whereas Juventus lost the opportunity of reaching Inter at the top of the standings.

Glenn Debattista

goal.com
why is he apologizing? he must feel guilty about something then...

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
That ref was out to get us. I don't believe in a bigger conspiracy or anything, but that ref was obviously not going to make any decisions in our favour. Although the second penalty was a disgrace as well, the first one was just incredible. Chiellini so so clearly played the ball.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
That ref was out to get us. I don't believe in a bigger conspiracy or anything, but that ref was obviously not going to make any decisions in our favour. Although the second penalty was a disgrace as well, the first one was just incredible. Chiellini so so clearly played the ball.
Chiellini played the ball with pure talent, these kind of clearances are rare in nowaday's defending.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Chiellini played the ball with pure talent, these kind of clearances are rare in nowaday's defending.
I agree, it was a very nice clearance. Apparently not even the Napoletani fans inside the stadium felt it were penalties...

ESS-Juventino

May 6, 2005
Where is Collina now? What Gazetta reported from this?

It is ridiculous. Shameful. especially zalayeta's penalty.
Refree was simply influenced and should be suspended for entire season.

You know why these things happen for Juventus. Because it is greatest.

Sep 19, 2006
2 years ago,the same thing that happened yesterday,hapenned to at least 3 or 4 of our opponents.
I still cant get The Juve vs Udinise match _when Muntari was sent off_ out of my mind.
It is all about Karma,what goes around comes around.

Yesterday was a disgrace but other teams supporters felt the same way against us in the past so that was just a payback.
Hope this wont happen again,coz it is a shame for a team to lose lik this,not just Juve but any team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)