[Serie A] Napoli 3-3 JUVENTUS (Nov. 29th 2011) (31 Viewers)

Man of the match

• Lichtsteiner

• Chiellini

• Pepe

• Vidal

• Vucinic

• Esti

• Matri

• Barzagli

Results are only viewable after voting.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Interesting game, good result.
Not only does Napoli's style not suit us, they're a damn good team as well. When they're up for it at least. Despite our decent start to the game, the first half really was theirs. In all honesty, the game should have been over by half time, which it also was in a way.
But the unexpected happened & we just refused to give up. Twice even. Which, combined with Napoli's obvious tiredness, meant we could have even won the game. Go figure.

Saw a lot of heart out there. Playing like this away to Napoli goes a long way to showing we're no pushovers :tup:

Buffon 6 - Difficult game. Can't really blame him for anything.
Lichtsteiner 6,5 - Good, but not always smart. Could have been sent off more than once.
Barzagli 7,5 - Noticed only 1 or 2 small errors. The amount of work he put in was amazing. Impressed by how often/much he covered for his teammates.
Bonucci 5 - Lost count of how many times he messed up.
Chiellini 5,5 - Difficult to criticize him given the heart & effort he put in, but he wasn't good. Clumsy as ever, rushed, insecure, caught sleeping at times, etc
Pirlo 5 - Isn't he supposed to be the brain of the team? Horrendous first half, but substantial improvement in the 2nd.
Vidal 7 - Tremendous amount of work. Amazing assist as well. Probably should have imposed himself a bit more at times though.
Pepe 8 - I'm at a loss for words. Whatever he does sure looks retarded most of the time, but there's no denying that it works. Absolutely vital part of this team & flexible in terms of formation as well.
Estigarribia 6 - Apart from some lively moments, including the cool finish, he was underwhelming. Credit for his tracking back, but he's still a question mark for me.
Vucinic 6,5 - Probably our most frustrating player. The ease with which he mixes brilliant moments with annoying ones is a sight to behold.
Matri 7,5 - Class.

Pazienza -
Quagliarella -
Del Piero -

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3,169
    I think DP & Quag should have come in the 80th min or so because Matri & Vucinic looked tired and weren't really getting anything going. This way DP could have gotten a bit more playing time.
    Matri wasn't breathing anymore around min 75. Vucinic wasn't running too unless he had the ball, so it was only normal to make these two subs.

I'm upset that our bench this year is the strongest in Serie A yet we don't show faith in these players.

The players might get injuries or susp anytime soon. If you don't show faith in your subs they wont be able to deliver when they're requested to.

:D you're finally becoming kinda cool

As for the DP situation, seriously there are people who want to complain after today's game? really??
    I want.

Subs should have been done much earlier. Napoli's defenders were dead and we needed fresh legs upfront.

We could have won the game.

Brother, unfortunately those people will always complain
    Brother, go hit the church.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3,170
    That said, I'm still proud of the lads for fighting. Haven't seen Juve fighting like this since Calciopoli.

I know we would have lost this game last year.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3,172
    I meant even with the same squad but different coach.

However, I insist we could have still won the game had Conte made earlier subs.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
    Great article, say what you want about goal.com but at least they give Italian football it's dues.
    Kris Voakes writes some good articles. His only problem is that he's a Peelan fan (just like Caragnese and the rest in Goal.com) and he cannot admit that Marchisio is a great player (he keeps giving him 6 ratings even when he's clearly the best on the pitch).

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
    Kris Voakes writes some good articles. His only problem is that he's a Peelan fan (just like Caragnese and the rest in Goal.com) and he cannot admit that Marchisio is a great player (he keeps giving him 6 ratings even when he's clearly the best on the pitch).
    They seem pretty pro-juventus and anti-calciopoli though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)