[Serie A] Napoli 3-3 JUVENTUS (Nov. 29th 2011) (28 Viewers)

Man of the match

• Lichtsteiner

• Chiellini

• Pepe

• Vidal

• Vucinic

• Esti

• Matri

• Barzagli

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #21
    Man, if only we won against Bologna, Catania, Genoa and Chievo :(. I still can't believe we dropped so many points against these.

Our next matches

Napoli (away)
    Palermo (home)
    Lazio (away)
    Novara (home)
    Roma (away)

If we win Napoli's game I see us humiliating Palermo.

Buy on AliExpress.com
    OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #23
    True, but Napoli is different IMO. I'm afraid of their aggressive counters, it's where they get to shine... and it's where our defense gets to collapse.
    Bonucci better stay focused or he'll get raped literally.

Btw, who remembers Motta's performance against Napoli last season? They ran circles around him I swear:lol2:.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #24
    Good thing is that we play all our tough games (except Milan) away first.
    Just what I was thinking the other day:agree:

Inter, Napoli, Lazio and Roma will play them home March and April, should be an advantage for us.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    Bonucci better stay focused or he'll get raped literally.
    This.

But I don't think the rest of our defense can do much better. Both Lich and Chiellini do bad against fast players, I saw Lich get terrorized many times that way. It's really going to be a day for defense to shine, otherwise I see us losing points.

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #26
    This.

But I don't think the rest of our defense can do much better. Both Lich and Chiellini do bad against fast players, I saw Lich get terrorized many times that way. It's really going to be a day for defense to shine, otherwise I see us losing points.
    But also Napoli players should be in their top form to put us in danger like you say.

We are really not an easy team to beat this season.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    But also Napoli players should be in their top form to put us in danger like you say.

We are really not an easy team to beat this season.
    They do well against top teams, though. Chances are high that we'll be seeing Lavezzi and Cavani do their job great, like they almost always do.

Like I said, this match scares me more than the one against Inter. But da, we're not that bad either, so I expect a good match.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
    We have 3 really tough games out of the next 5 and those are all away games to Napoli, Lazio and Roma. Given that we have played very well in our last 2 games with good balance, I don't expect Conte to change the team at all and I must say I can't blame him this time. The 433 with Matri and Vucinic seems to work well with Vidal, Pirlo and Marchisio as the midfield 3. Pepe is useless going forward but he helps provide a lot of balance. Lichsteiner is actually more of an offensive threat than Pepe at the moment down that right side. Perhaps thats why Conte likes having Pepe on the right because he and Lichsteiner seem to work well together.

A draw would be a good result against Napoli. Most of our difficult matches in the first half of the season are actually away games. If we can end the half of the season in the top 3, buy some quality defenders in January, we can make a decent final stretch in the second half of the season to secure a Champions league place.

JuventinMalti

Apr 5, 2006
    Very tricky game. We have a history of collapsing after winning against Inter. So this should be a test on various fronts, mental strength is one of them. It's a very difficult game. What gives me hope is that we have a week to prepare for it. What I hope for is that we become more lethal in front of goal and take all the obvious chances and some of the half-chances.

Wahdan

Ace of Spades
    Mar 14, 2009
    Napoli will be playing a very hard away match against Bayern on Wednesday. We have an advantage and it will be a shame if we don’t exploit it and win.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
    Couldn't find a better timing to play Napoli in San Paolo. Napoli playing Bayern in Germany midweek gives us a HUGE advantage, we need to capitalize on that. Physically, our midfield should dominate possession as usual, our defense must keep concentration levels at the highest level and just leave the rest to Alessandro Matri.

Wahdan

Ace of Spades
    Mar 14, 2009
    Couldn't find a better timing to play Napoli in San Paolo. Napoli playing Bayern in Germany midweek gives us a HUGE advantage, we need to capitalize on that. Physically, our midfield should dominate possession as usual, our defense must keep concentration levels at the highest level and just leave the rest to Alessandro Matri.
    I love your Matri love. Here some love, love. :heart:

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
    I have a man-crush on Matri :heart: It's only the second time I experience it, after ADP more than 10 years ago.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
    I'm so scared of Napoli. The only game in Serie A where I'm completely satisfied with a draw, their attacking play really freaks me out. I think this is the game where Krasic should be deployed, he's still fast and will have tons of space down the flank. We should really study the Bayern game and see what they did, I know the result wasn't that good for them, but they really raped Napoli over the flanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)