[Serie A] Napoli 2-1 Juventus [3rd March, 2024 20:45 CET] (7 Viewers)

vote?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I kind of agree but also it seems like a deliberate penalty tactic of Napoli's to have runners pouring in on the penalties, running in from deep so they have all the momentum. Usually for defenders it's a case of standing on the edge of the area and moving from a standing start.

Our players generally look flat footed and devoid of any enthusiasm so there is that.

Impressive tactic, but comes to show how they wanted it more.

Buy on AliExpress.com

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Napoli wasn't better than Jj today. They just exploited the defense which is what an attack is supposed to do. Stupidity cost Jj the point.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't coach desire, drive, or hustle into players

But you can establish false lip service for marketing

:agnelli:

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2005
Napoli wasn't better than Jj today. They just exploited the defense which is what an attack is supposed to do. Stupidity cost Jj the point.

- - - Updated - - -

True, you can't coach those.
But you influence and drill it into the group

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

singus

Sep 22, 2020

- - - Updated - - -

Who is this .zero guy? Dais DA?

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Opposite Juve.
Instead of barely creating and scoring - We created more than enough to beat them but these misses...
Our defense must improve. These goals happen too often.
Also the stupid penalty...
Nonge had no business playing that game.
Alcaraz didnt play well but I dont think he was the problem of the night.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015

Also comes to show how nobody from our side even noticed it, zero awareness all around, done literally nothing to prevent it or to at least have someone also run along with them from that starting position to put them a bit off…

- - - Updated - - -

All in all this are just small details ofc and not necessarily the reason we lost, but lately this type of small margins have ended up costing us more often than not.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Upside is that Iling Jr looked good going forward, one day he'll get to start in a 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 with a LB covering him defensively. What a waste of talent in that formation.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Upside is that Iling Jr looked good going forward, one day he'll get to start in a 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 with a LB covering him defensively. What a waste of talent in that formation.
I really liked Illing at first and it was the correct decision to start him given his speed but I must admit he is quite a dumb player. Id sell him instantly for 25m or more.

As for mr clause - I think he could do well with more athletic players. He didnt play well at all but I do think he has talent despite it.
He needs to improve and take a role of an attack creator with through balls.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Also comes to show how nobody from our side even noticed it, zero awareness all around, done literally nothing to prevent it or to at least have someone also run along with them from that starting position to put them a bit off…

- - - Updated - - -

All in all this are just small details ofc and not necessarily the reason we lost, but lately this type of small margins have ended up costing us more often than not.
This just means we are unprepared. No planning, this is coach Stuff.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I thought we were the better team, so this is a harsh result. But you're obviously not going to win when you miss so many clear cut chances.

Woj was fine, as was the defence.
Both wingbacks mostly poor.
Loca was good, Miretti mostly okay-ish, Alcaraz somewhere between bad & terrible.
Best game from Chiesa in quite some time, Vlahovic very involved but piss poor execution.
Subs were all useless.

Smart stuff from Napoli on the penalty. Can't recall seeing that before, yet it makes perfect sense.

What a squad we have though. You know you're in trouble when Rabiot & McKennie are vital & unmissable players. :lol2:

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
Look at this:
1709548765419.png

Slovakia vs Azerbejan from League nations. Team coached by Calzona who took over Napoli, they are doing exactly the same as Napoli yesteday, those guys who are at the back, time their run just like the guy who is taking the pen, they overrun all the guys who are closer to him. This pen was scored, so it didnt give them anything, but it just shows how amateurish Allegris staff is if they didnt prepare for it. I mean, look im probably paid x10 less than them, but in my job I have to predict things like this and I always do. What the fuck they are paid for - he fucking blames Szczesny for it lol.

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Look at this:
Slovakia vs Azerbejan from League nations. Team coached by Calzona who took over Napoli, they are doing exactly the same as Napoli yesteday, those guys who are at the back, time their run just like the guy who is taking the pen, they overrun all the guys who are closer to him. This pen was scored, so it didnt give them anything, but it just shows how amateurish Allegris staff is if they didnt prepare for it. I mean, look im probably paid x10 less than them, but in my job I have to predict things like this and I always do. What the fuck they are paid for - he fucking blames Szczesny for it lol.
All in all it’s the details and preparations leading to a game that make the difference, here it’s about a PK that might’ve been converted directly and this discussion would be a non existent issue, however in this particular case it’s also on the iq and positioning awareness of our players though, literally nobody bothered to check over their shoulders, what did they think the Napoli players were doing standing at a distance there, not even one Juve player reacted to disrupt them…nonetheless it sure is true that in this type of situations there needs to be some indications coming from the sidelines too, which’ve been obviously missing.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Look at this:
1709548765419.png

Tbh the criticism of the save is fair but it should be internal. Buffon had a habit of doing this as well on penalty saves, it was one of the few criticisms I'd have of him.

I'm not sure it's realistic to expect we'd know the penalty gimmick of the Slovakian NT coach but this thing has a very short shelf life in terms of surprise, everyone knows about it now. Still, I don't think it's easy to defend against, but teams who are switched on will deal better with it.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
All in all it’s the details and preparations leading to a game that make the difference, here it’s about a PK that might’ve been converted directly and this discussion would be a non existent issue, however in this particular case it’s also on the iq and positioning awareness of our players though, literally nobody bothered to check over their shoulders, what did they think the Napoli players were doing standing at a distance there, not even one Juve player reacted to disrupt them…nonetheless it sure is true that in this type of situations there needs to be some indications coming from the sidelines too, which’ve been obviously missing.
I dont think we should rely on IQ of players in this kind of situaton - they should be informed by our staff that Calzona likes to position his players like this and even should train this. I mean this one of the biggest games in our calendar and they didnt study their opponent enough? They had whole week to prepare for that game I would guess they should train every aspect of the opposition

- - - Updated - - -

Tbh the criticism of the save is fair but it should be internal. Buffon had a habit of doing this as well on penalty saves, it was one of the few criticisms I'd have of him.

I'm not sure it's realistic to expect we'd know the penalty gimmick of the Slovakian NT coach but this thing has a very short shelf life in terms of surprise, everyone knows about it now. Still, I don't think it's easy to defend against, but teams who are switched on will deal better with it.
U really dont think that in week time they should analyze every aspect of the coach u will play big game against? I understand its hard to find it, but man football right now is all about researches and data, this could be easily found out by proper analitycs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)