[Serie A] Napoli 0-1 JUVENTUS [December 1st 2017] (12 Viewers)

vote cazzo

• Higuain

• Benatia

• Buffon

• Douglas Costa

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I wish I could. I am really not looking forward to another humiliation.
Not only that but I expect it to be very boring as well.

You are going to skip our 1-2 away win at Naples? fake fan
I wish we win. I can't see it happening on their stadium.

But I didn't watch much of Juve this season so I might be wrong as I don't know what kind of form are we in.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Interesting to see what Juve do for this one.

Loads of predicted line-ups but not terribly convinced by any of them.

Inter set down a good blueprint for stifling Napoli in the 0-0 draw.

4-2-3-1, but what was more important was that they had players with clear instructions on taking responsibility for Napoli's left side:

D'Ambrosio v Insigne, Vecino v Hamsik, Candreva v Ghoulam.

Other three defenders could cover Mertens and Callejon, while the rest of the team could focus on generally slowing Napoli's tempo.

Juve's task is a bit easier due to the absence of Ghoulam.

Still, I'm not seeing predicted line-ups that lend themselves to playing in any way similarly to what Inter did.

Buffon

Barzagli-Benatia-?????-De Sciglio

Bernardeschi-Marchisio-Matuidi-Costa

Dybala

Higuain​

OP

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #286
    I see that asamoah gets another chance to prove to the world how mediocre he is.

A piss poor sandro is still better but hey, instead of playing the quality one that could potentially make a difference on both ends...instead, he is rested for a CL game that is do or die and a situation the team shouldn’t have been in in the first place.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
    I see that asamoah gets another chance to prove to the world how mediocre he is.

A piss poor sandro is still better but hey, instead of playing the quality one that could potentially make a difference on both ends...instead, he is rested for a CL game that is do or die and a situation the team shouldn’t have been in in the first place.
    i love how AS is the only one that gets rested, yet Dybala, Higgy, Pjanic or Chiellini (when fit) never do

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
    I have full confidence in Mister that he will try to 0-0 the shit out of this game, but in the end I still believe in a 0-2 easy win.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
    If this game was at the J, I'd definitely go for a win. At the San Paolo, I'm not so confident but I really hope we can pull off something special and get at least one point.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
    Ciao ragazzi.....biggest match of the season. Been thinking about this game all day yesterday and today. Only time I've been remotely intrigued about footy so far this season. Can't lose this.

In summer, I thought it's only Juve 55-45 Napoli this time around. Still think so today, but if Napoli wins, it's advantage Napoli.

First priority is to not lose. Expecting a safety first approach from Allegri. But vs Napoli, last season showed that we can't sit back. Has to be a physical game rather than a containment one.

At our best, we can get a result in San Paolo. Still predicting a draw, but with the injuries and half-fit players, it's worrisome.

MDS and Asamoah...lol.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
    Lack of continuity is another problem. We did well with back 3 in previous games. Back 4 not a bad idea vs Napoli. More important to make life difficult for their midfield than sit back. Last season, we were subpar vs them with back 3 before switching to 4 at halftime and doing better.....But there's a big lack of continuity/automation/understanding/fluidity for us, and it's the exact opposite for them.

Extra man in the middle - in midfield instead of defense this time - will improve our defense in the middle. Will come down to MDS & Asamoah vs Insigne & Callejon which, on paper, is an advantage for Napoli.

- - - Updated - - -

Juventus contro Napoli BUFFON... DE SCIGLIO BENATIA CHIELLINI ASAMOAH... KHEDIRA PJANIC MATUIDI... DOUGLAS COSTA DYBALA... HIGUAIN
    Are DC and Dybala the only attackers 100% fit, or is Berna fit too? If he is, prefer him at ST over half-fit Higuain.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's more of a slap for AS and hope he interprets it as such. CL game is important but not an emergency situation. Napoli game is much bigger, no doubt about that.

OP

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
  • Thread Starter #300
    Lack of continuity is another problem. We did well with back 3 in previous games. Back 4 not a bad idea vs Napoli. More important to make life difficult for their midfield than sit back. Last season, we were subpar vs them with back 3 before switching to 4 at halftime and doing better.....But there's a big lack of continuity/automation/understanding/fluidity for us, and it's the exact opposite for them.

Extra man in the middle - in midfield instead of defense this time - will improve our defense in the middle. Will come down to MDS & Asamoah vs Insigne & Callejon which, on paper, is an advantage for Napoli.

- - - Updated - - -

Are DC and Dybala the only attackers 100% fit, or is Berna fit too? If he is, prefer him at ST over half-fit Higuain.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's more of a slap for AS and hope he interprets it as such. CL game is important but not an emergency situation. Napoli game is much bigger, no doubt about that.
    Benching players hurts their feelings though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)