[Serie A] Milan-Juventus (2 Viewers)

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
MY match Analysis:

Aside from the fact that Milan started off very physical and abit hard, especially the damn Gattuso who was out to crunch some legs. I think the loss wass totally our fault instead of Milan's strength.

Obviously our goal keeping situation is disturbing with Chimenti looking not at all like he can catch anything. The first Goal I thought Buffon would have still got covered, although to be fair it did take a wicked deflection.

the second goal was a mess with Trezeguet not clearing because he was afraid to Kick Maldini, I don't think Milan would've been so forgiving in the same situation.

The Third goal was absolutely shit, Chimenti made a mess out of a ball that should have been covered, its almost as shameful as Abbiati's mistake against Bayern.

Overall, Thuram and Cannavaro played a pretty good match, I don't think Thuram did much wrong. Zambrotta played a good match and so did pessotto before taken off for Chiellini who did ok as well.

Vieira and Emerson were also good but aparently Milan was able to launch its attacks without going through our Worldclass midfield, and thats why they were so leathal on the counters.

Nedved should have performed better as he had many chances to open up the defense, instead he always opted for the shot which he never managed to set-up for.

Camo did well.

Mutu and Del Piero came on and both did very well IMO, Del Piero looked crisp and Mutu looked mobile. One of them atleast should have started the match, if not both.

Ibra, wow, another disappointing game, I like Ibra since before his arrival here but Jeez, he just takes too long at times with his touches and rarely makes the good telling pass. Instead he's always looking to make miracles. He must realize that he cannot perform miracles every time he touches the ball. He just does too much now, when a simple pass outwards or inwards would have been the best move. I really feel Cap needs to bench this guy, and also stop praising him too highly.

Trez, a good night from him, he does what he is asked to which is Finish Moves. And whatta goal he had, definately a striker's Goal. This is one striker who defeinately should have a permanent spot on the starting 11.

Capello, I am disappointed at Capello for never subbing Zlatan, from the first half it was obvious that Zlatan kept the play from developing by trying too hard. A direct sub with Mutu would have been my prefereance although Del Piero would've caused Milan's defense some headaches and perhaps would've won us many free kicks. In this gme we never managed to perform in the last quarter of the pitch.

It sucks to lose like this, eventhough our team was lacking (upfront with Zlatan no mobility), I should say that ladyluck was not with the oldlady and thus we should've had a better result dah Milan's luck been not so good tonight.

The scudetto is long and so I hope Cap can realize a few things. Start Del Piero - Trez - Mutu trio against Bayern, its our best attacking line up. Period.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
I will assume that Andy, Denco, Jeeks and Vinni have posted their comments, but I will post mine.

This is 1 of the nights in which Juventus has to fight our bitter rivals Milan in a San Siro, and we were to demonstrate to them that we r better by defeating them. Unfortunately we r humilated by the Milan midfield comprising of Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf and Kaka. Our passes cannot even get to our attackers most of the time and Milan is having a wonderful time with the ball. Let's talk about the goals

1st Milan goal - Seedorf
Fired a shot which deflected off Thuram and landed into the net, very cruel indeed but this is life. I wouldn't get so angry with this.

2nd Milan goal - Kaka
Miscommunication between the defenders and chimenti, which led to Kaka socring a half volley into the net. I wonder how things can malfunction in a corner kick if communication has been done well in the 1st place.

3rd Milan goal - Pirlo
A poor free-kick by Pirlo and the ball SOMEHOW landed into the net. If it is not Chimenti making a fool outof himself, I don't know what else is.

1st Juventus goal - Trezeguet
Amazing goal by Trez, even though he scored, it was juz a consolation for us to make the scoreline look nicer.

Basically Juventus played very poor tonight, and rightfully humiliated. Their midfield quartet did their job well and keep on pressing on us throughout the game. I can only say that it is their average performance as they did within their duties. So our weaknesses have surfaced again in this game, shouldn't we have learnt the lesson from the Bayern game in which complacecency doesn't lead to anywhere? And this proves it. Milan has shown determination in the game that they wanted to win, and they killed us in juz 45 minutes. Juventus played with no heart at all, except for Zambrotta. At least I know he is trying.

And the last comment of mine is directed to Capello. I always thought u were a wonderful coach, and u were proven wrong again. When ur team goes 1 - 0 down, shouldn't u make a tactical change and attack more instead of using 4-4-2 all the time? I don't know what ur doing, but in my eyes of a coach, he should be able to make things turn round. R u able to? And ur choice of players r definitely horrendous. Y does Zlatan and Nedved get to start every game despite of their poor performances when an on-form Mutu could have made so much difference? Both Nedved and Zlatan r off-form now and haven't been playing their best and I don't see y DP + Mutu should be on the bench. It's very saddening to see 2 of the on form players to be bench, and I wonder what do both men think of u.

We have Chimenti as our goalkeeper which basically made a fool out of himself during the whole game. Even if Abbiati is playing the situation is not better.
Our team is much stronger compared to last season's and yet u don't know how to make use of ur resources. An on-form DP and Mutu could have solved so much problems and with a simple trident, we could at least create Milan some trouble, but u still insist on ur 4-4-2, with Milan killing us in midfield. Instead of changing things around in halftime, u went on with the same formation, putting Mutu on for Camoranesi, the latter being the main threat of attack and DP on the left. Both players have been played out of position. The only consolation was the goal by Trezeguet.

To conclude, for those who think that we still have our "amazing" record, think again. It juz hides our weaknesses and in some games our performances r way below par. And don't tell me that we r still at the top of the table with 2 points apart, becos if this performance continues, it will hinder our way to the CL + scedutto since our defeat to Bayern + Milan.

I don't want to talk about this match now becos it makes me vomit.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Something I'm concerned about is how Capello is sending the wrong message to his team, and most importantly Zlatan. There is no meritocracy in the team , the players who start are always Capello's favourites, and playing well doesn't earn you a place in the team whatsoever.

Zlatan has the potential to be a big part of the future Juve setup, that is why it is all the more important that we get it into his head that he must earn his place in it. The kid has no incentive to improve, even with a resurgent Del Piero and rejuventated Mutu breathing down his neck he knows he'll get to play in every match, and sees no need to change the way he plays. He is no Totti, he cannot be let loose to just do his thing in a team built around him, unless he gets some sense into him he will not realize it before the end.

The results have been masking our sub-par performances for more than a few weeks now.Capello was right in saying that records count for nothing if we don't win the title come May; well guess what buddy, time to put words into action.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
I dont think we should over react about Capello's favorites. To be fair Lippi had the same kind of attitude towrds Del Piero when he was playing poorlya and inconsistanly for about 3 years straight, yet not even an on fire striker (ex Di Viao) could take DP's spot whenever DP was available.

So, although I agree with what everybody is saying about subbing Zlatan and Capello not having his eyes wide open(as it is what I think too), I dont think he is doing terribly so we shouldn't insult him too much.

Jan 7, 2004
its the second year in a row that we let milan do this to us in the first game?

why? are we trying to make milan underestimate us ? last year we somehow didnt concede but this year no buffon to save our asses.

whats up with this team. i just wanna know why ?

why was milan controlling the midfield ? why isnt zambrotta given his freedom on the flank ? why does cappello insist on playing his favourites ? why why why do we ge through such unessesary pain ?

anybody knows?

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
I am still in shock, moreso because I actually saw the game. Why was Abbiati on the bench? Why did Nedved have to make way when Zlatan was playing poorly?

The truth is this our defence didn't give away much in that game, he first goal was a lucky deflection, but Chimenti you don't rush of your line when the ball is just outside your box 18 except it is a 1 on 1...
The second goal was the only unstoppable one.

What can be said about the 3rd?

I hope we have another keeper. Chimenti definitely isn't Juve material...

Another thing we have to face is this... Milan had hunger yesterday. Why didn't we?

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Capello bemoans Juve luck Saturday 29 October, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fabio Capello insists that the only thing separating Milan and Juventus this evening was “good luck” and insists the Bianconeri are stronger than ever.

“Today I realised I have a remarkably strong squad, as we conceded a goal when Milan weren’t doing any damage at all,” he said after the 3-1 defeat at the San Siro. “Clarence Seedorf’s opener was a lucky strike and the others were on set-pieces, but we did well against a team on great form and the only difference between us was luck. We accept the result.”

Kaka and Andrea Pirlo’s goals came from free kicks that were not dealt with adequately by the Bianconeri back-line, while David Trezeguet netted a consolation goal in the later stages.

“I don’t think our goalkeeper was particularly tested, as the only real chances went into the net. I told the lads that they are a really strong outfit. We knew Milan were good, but the 3-1 result was too harsh considering the overall performances of the two teams.”

Capello also insisted that the Rossoneri did not dominate this match, despite leading 3-0 at one stage and Dida was hardly tested.

“Milan went forward in bursts, but I don’t think that before the 2-0 result they were creating too many problems for us. They were aggressive and determined, but they weren’t dispossessing us that much, as far as I could see.”

Capello also refused to fan the flames of controversy in the post-match comments and praised referee Paolo Bertini.

“I have always supported this style of refereeing and this type of football that is fast-moving, so I have no complaints there.”

Juventus director general Luciano Moggi was in the stands and criticised the Bianconeri’s psychological approach to the game.

“I saw a Milan side of great quality, aggression and desire that truly wanted this victory. Perhaps Juve were a little too confident and that is never a good idea in football,” noted the transfer guru. “The real difference between the teams was that desire to win.”

I agree with moggi:(

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Milan deserved to win not like capello said it was luck although the opener came from a deflection by thuram , but we never caused them any problems , ALL PLAYERS SUCKED FROM CHEMINTI TO ZLATAN.
how can you expect to win when a keeper like cheminti is your keeper?
I was from the ones who supported zlatan but after this , it is enough ,10 games + other games in CL and he is not impressing at all
HE SHOULD BE BENCHED:(
iam disappointed but lets face it we needed this loss to let us know that we are beatable , we were unbeatable till now cause we did not face a true tests except maybe inter and bayern in the CL which we lost against and maybe we will loose again this week if we play like this.
we played like we play against messina or ascoli which is play anything in the first half and then score from any chance in the second half but this wont be a good idea with milan:(
any way the schdetto is still wide open. Forza JUve

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Espectro ] ++
Ok, so we lost, here are my comments…

We have lost a match, we all know that this was gonna happend, and losing against Milan was a posibility becouse they are a great team.

Now, what I expect now is that Capello see thsi match 100 times, and see HIS mistakes, I expect that from no won, the best 11 players start the game, becouse I believe that this was what cause us the game tonigth, we lost this game coz Capello is VERY stuburn, and he clearly has favoritism for some players (Zlatan, Nedved), now I what to remark that this is not against Zlatan or Nedved, if they are in good shape they should play, they are great players, BUT at the moment they are not in good shape, so they shouldn’t start the game, including to this the fact that Mutu and DP are in better shape.

Capello needs to realiece that we can’t go and play the same way that you play agains Ascoli that when you play againt Milan, we can’t depend on individual efforts.

Against Milan tonigth, Chimenti wasn’t the problem (however it was his fault the 3 goal), I will tell you what was wrong tonigth, NO creation what so ever, we start the game waiting to see what Milan was gonna do, and in 3 attacks we were down 3-0, alter that very few teams, and certantly not this Juve can return.

Like I said before, if losing against Milan are gonna wake up Capello, then I welcome the defeat.

Bottom line, if we play like this against other big teams, we are gonna lose more games that we win.

For this lost I see only one person to blame, and its Capello, becouse his tactical choises and becouse his changes in the game were late.

Now you can say that at the end of the game we playd with 4 fordwards, but if you match the game you had to saw that Mutu and DP didn’t play at front, they enter the game to play at the exact places that Camo and Nedved were, and that is another problem that Capello has, he will not change his formation, not matter what!!

Anyway, lets not get carry away, we lost against a great team, and my only hope is that Capello wakes up from his stuburness and do what needs to be done so this mistakes dont happend again.

To end my copmments I will say:

We lost against Milan, away, is it the end of the World? No
Is our Scudetto over? Absolutly no
Changes needs to be done? Absolutly

Forza Juvetus!
agreed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)