[Serie A] Milan-Juventus (2 Viewers)

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Lippi.am ] ++
JUve don't need any new signings!
We are complete, just waiting for Buffon.
That's all.
We are better side and we'll win Lo Scudetto with 10-point gap.
I'm realistic.
agreed we NEED BUFFON ASAP:(

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
agree.. Milan was far better as a team than us.. they also had more determination and agressiveness.. more desire to win.. while juve were like sheeps waiting to be slaughtered..

poor performance by most of the players.. again, wrong choices by capello.. it was like I was watching the bayern game all over again..

however.. no need to panic.. this loss is good somehow and came in a time when we need this feeling of insecurity which will help us get rid of that excessive self-confidence which I think is the main problem with most of our players..

to all who think that we don't need this loss, well, think again.. this is football.. it's part of the game.. you lose.. to win.. you pass failure in your way to success.. but in order to do that, we must learn from our mistakes and rise again.. capello should re-consider his tactics and formation.. he really needs to work on preparing the players psychologically before every big game.. I'm starting to worry about this.. I also think he should bench zlatan and nedved more..

one last note, it's not over.. YET.. we lost a battle, but not the war.. :stuckup:

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I dont think they outplayed us,
they were really lucky to score what they scored,
they had a bigger desire for the win,(cap said this game isnt important and believed that),
they just had some counter attacks wich doesnt mean the had the superiority in the center,
tell me really when kaka dribbled anyone?
what magic combination Seedorf did?
when Gila+Inzaghi+Vieri got throught our defencers?

NEVER

they just had the luck and concentration to score from 3set pieces created by fouls outside our box and deflected balls,
we had similar chances(Neddy shots) and determination alone isnt enough.

I believe milan can play much much better,
the score doesnt show the truth the second and esp the third goal werent products of their superiority in the center or their attacking play.

neddy had more runs and shots than Seedorf,
Vieira ans Emo won more battles in the field than Gattuso and without the impessing fights and grimaces,
Pirlo created nothing and his free kicks wasnt smth special this day,
Inzaghi couldnt take advantage of anything
and Gila wasnt in the field,
how the hell they had a fantastic play?
u only judge by the goals?
were the goals fantastic as well or even intenioned?

Milan was very pleased with their lucky opening,
the first goal is very decisive in this kind of games,
they justed defended their lead
and had the luck to further extended,
if they were playing serius and as fantastic as people say
we could have lost this game 6-0...

Kaka22

Aug 6, 2004
Hey guys...well it was a great game and again this game proved that this season will have a photo finish end....Milan were just the better team last.I dont agree with some of you that say that vieira and Emerson were better than pirlo,seedorf,gatusso...I think Juve lost this game to the midfield...Sedorf was just amazing,gatusso and trilly also..as for our attack it totaly failled....same goes for Zlatan and Trezeguet...Anyway round one is for Mialn....Adios and take care.....

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
well i did watched the game and i beg u to remind me?
is this the best u can ask from Milan?
u think they cant do any better?
or u r just judging by the score?

Kaka22

Aug 6, 2004
well i think at the end its the score that counts....we cares about great performance if you dont win?last night was a great performance and the score:star:

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Well thats the night everyone was waiting for in serieA...It proved to be a very intensive game, i have to say.I almost broke half of the stuff on my table as well as the tv!

1-Pre-game
First of all i will talk abt things before the game.Formations, preperatoins,etc..
For me i think that capello had the right formation to start with.Everyone here are talking abt Alex and how he should've been starting..Well i would've done the samething and put Ibra there.Alex played two back to back games and didnt convince anyone, so he wasnt in great form like everyone wwas saying in here!!Two games before that, Yes i agree but in the lecce, Sampa games.. he didnt do that much.
Another thing was putting zambo on the right and limiting his pushing runs from the beging.Again its the right thing to do as on the left for milan they had seedorf as well as serginho.So i think its was to ask zambo to limit his runs forward to cover on those two.Putting pesotto or chiellini or whoever there would've jsut killed us.

The final thing was pre-game preparation which i think ancelotti's main strength, and he is the best in the world in preparing the tactics before the game.. but ask him to do something else in the game he would just choke, and put defenders in.But in this game he did his job impressively.
Capello didnt do that very well.Complacency was the issue there, he had to eliminate that issue and he couldn't.
People were talking about the 4-3-3, everyone saw how we were pinned in our half after the goals, and we had 4 midfielders.Although the extra forward would've streched the milan defense but we would've lost the battle in the midfield very easily.
Finally i dont know how capello opted for neddy instead of mutu, but again we needed the extra experience in the midfield.

2-During the game
Milan went in the game with the physical approach, and they did it very well i have to say.Gennaro Gattuso should get a 10/10 for that game he played.All the players did wat Ancelotti asked of them.But for a team to take that approach they would need a massive mount of LUCK.Its the same approach Everton took against Chelsea just a while back.They were very lucky to get that penalty in the begining, which i think without it they would've lost the game easily.
Last nite it was almost the samething.Before Seedorf scored that deflected goal, we were just spinning the goal around and the Milan players were just pinned in their owned half. Then from the resulting counter seedorf scored. Then the momentum was in the hands of the Milan players.But again we held the ball for a while. Then came the third goal ,cuz of some misscommunications between Chiementi and the players didnt clear from the box and it sat well for kaka who wouldn't miss this one if u gave the world in his hands. Then the players were just dead. And also at about that time pirlo hits that free kick and scores, thanx to a great error by Chimenti. Capello puts on chiellini to help the left side attack more.He helped a bit in the 2nd half. But from either sides there werent that much scoring chances in the 2nd half. Alex and mutu came in and but didnt have that much of an impact.Alex had some shots on goal and mutu made a some impact over on the right side.Trezi scored a very beautiful goal, that for me was the most beautiful two two touches from either team.

Players comments:

Chimenti:awful game i have to say.Pirlo had two free kicks shot at him and he couldn't deal with either of them. First and 2nd goals weren't his fault at all.

Canna:played a very solid game and didnt give Pippo,Vieri,Gila, and whoever he just dealt with them.

Thuram: i would've opted for kovac,although he didnt play that badly.He scored an own goal, but he did pretty well.Unlucky for him. Otherwise he dealt with the milan players very well.

zambo:he played a very good game, pushed forward at times,and played a very good defensive game.Dealt with both seedorf as well as serginho by his own. Had some good crosses in.

Pessoto:i understand why capello opted for chiellini instead of him although he was playing a great game.He had some good crosses in and defended pretty well.

Emo:in the first half he was one of few juve players that tried hard in the first half especially.Tried his best

Paddy:Obviously he wasnt fit enough to play that very physical game.He looked even lost at times, and i have to say gattuso and pirlo jsut played much better than he did.Nice pass for the trezi goal though.

Neddy:awful game, couldn't do anything in the game.Stam jsut ate him alive.

Camo:tried his best and made some good movements.Didnt understand why he got subbed in the 2nd half.

Trezi:Best on field for juve.This guy even though he didnt have to, he didnt stop trying.Always went for the ball and helped his teammates.Got rewarded with a goal. He is the only who should never lose his spot.

Ibra:Another awful game for him.I understand why he got the nod ahead of alex.However he got frustrated by the way milan played and it translated into his game.I remember at once in the game, where he was one-one with serginho i think and he couldn't pass him:eek:.It just showed how he played very badly.Should've been subbed at 60mins at least.Or at least when he tried to beat stam up.

Subs:
Chiellini:He got into the game, as he was going into a war.And i think that was the right mentality.Put in some good crosses. Defensively played better than i expected.

Mutu:Made some impact on the game when he got in.Stepped right into Nesta in a collision.He had a good game i have to say in the right side.

Alex:Not bad at all i have to say.Mybe if he had more of a forward role.Tried some crosses in as well as a shot on goal.

Finally :
The team didnt play that badly to lose 3-1. Capello started with the right formation but the only mistakes he did was his substitutions.
Milan wanted it more and they won it , a little lucky.BUT they deserve it .

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
++ [ originally posted by - vOnAm - ] ++
I dont think we should over react about Capello's favorites. To be fair Lippi had the same kind of attitude towrds Del Piero when he was playing poorlya and inconsistanly for about 3 years straight, yet not even an on fire striker (ex Di Viao) could take DP's spot whenever DP was available.

So, although I agree with what everybody is saying about subbing Zlatan and Capello not having his eyes wide open(as it is what I think too), I dont think he is doing terribly so we shouldn't insult him too much.
Good post. Most people seem to forget that caosches have their favourites.

++ [ originally posted by Chxta ] ++
Another thing we have to face is this... Milan had hunger yesterday. Why didn't we?
A long term problem with Juve. There is never urgency in our game. Our approach is to always grind out the results. We never put a team under tremendous pressure, we just keep on clawing & clawing until a crack opens. We score 1 goal and immediately sit back & wait for the oppostion to attack us & leave themselves vulnerable. I would love to see Juve going for the jugular but that isn't our style so am not going to loose s

Our mistake summed up brilliantly by Mogi.
Juventus director general Luciano Moggi was in the stands and criticised the Bianconeri’s psychological approach to the game.

“I saw a Milan side of great quality, aggression and desire that truly wanted this victory. Perhaps Juve were a little too confident and that is never a good idea in football,” noted the transfer guru. “The real difference between the teams was that desire to win.”
My views on the game:
Our downfall came as a result of tactical blunders & no psyche. Why waste Zambrotta on the right? Milan owned he midfield because they populated it and were more physical. We needed Mutu to combine with Zambro on the left & Camo to push wide on the right if we were to make any impact as the central mid was packed. I was of the belief that Trez - Zlatan was the best duo to start but that was not to be. Trez - DP would have been better with support from Mutu coming in from left.
All in all not the end of the world but frustrating to note that once again when a team packs their midfield we are rendered toothless.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Kaka22 ] ++
well i think at the end its the score that counts....we cares about great performance if you dont win?last night was a great performance and the score:star:

i c ur point,
its anyway a good performance when u beat ur greatest enemy 3-1,no matter how

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)