[Serie A] milan 1-1 JUVENTUS (Feb. 25th 2012) (4 Viewers)

MoM

• Chiellini

• Barzagli

• Pirlo

• Matri

Results are only viewable after voting.

milan

Rossonero
Mar 30, 2006
I watched it again with the link your provided, and there's no way to say it's 100% intentional punch.
Milan fans will say it wasn't, Juve fans will say it was.

Like I said, there are dozens of situations like this in a penalty area during corners, in EVERY MATCH.

for the first part if you are talking about the offside , the one who keeps matri at play is abate , his left foot keeps him in play , has been said even in TV over and over now don't make new theories
Matri's body is ahead of all our defenders. I thought the body is what counted.

The Milan fan should refer to my post at the top of this page (the one Lapa quoted) when he complains how the Muntari decision resulted with a completely different game.
The game was dirty on both ends. Just remembered another foul on Urby in the first half... that would result in Urby going 1 on 1. Another red card not awarded?
Look, I don't want to nit pick and go remembering every bad tackle Juve made. But there were enough of those.

You can't say "2-0 would have been a completely different game", yet choose to pretty much disregard an incident that would have made a substantial difference to the outcome of the match.
Because it would have been.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I watched it again with the link your provided, and there's no way to say it's 100% intentional punch.
Milan fans will say it wasn't, Juve fans will say it was.
Do you have shit for brains? Everyone except a handful of biased Milanisti can see it is a clear punch.

Mexes is probably still upset about the time Borriello turned him down.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
If our game against Inter had been ended in a draw, no matter how much the ref had whistled in our favor in the second half, we'd have put the whole blame on the ref only and only for that Marchisio's incident (the clear penalty not given). We were already 1-0 ahead, that penalty could have made it 2-0 by the end of the first half. For a moment try to see the things from Milan fans' perspectives, we would have reacted exactly the same and I'm sure they'd have also complained about those red cards and the disallowed goal in the second half.

I however agree with Boban. The decision which canceled Matri's legit goal, even though unacceptable, was quite understandable. It was indeed a close call (my guess is that the refs were told about Muntari's goal between the halves, that's why all 50-50 situations went in Milan's favor in the second half and I'm pretty sure the ref would have flagged for offside "anyways") but it was simply one of those mistakes which happen frequently in football games. The mistake on Muntari's goal on the other hand was unforgivable. I mean, if a linesman can't see that he really needs to quit his job. I understand Milan's fury but it's still illogical to claim that Muntari's goal would have finished the game. We've showed heart and passion this season, Conte was going to send the best players in, it'd have been really hard but you can never say it was impossible to get a draw from last night's game.

If anything, last night game had a lesson for all of us (especially myself), that the refs are equally treating (big) teams. Mistakes happen (to some teams more than some others) but they statistically tend to even out each others by the end of the season. And it's a good thing because this "FIGC will do anything to win Milan the Scudetto" conspiracy theory went down the toilet last night which shows we have a great chance of winning the title this year.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
It's annoying that the person holding the camera is shaking around all over the place.

I was quite surprised more people didn't see it, they showed quite a few replays. Mexes right arm clearly moves forcefully, wasn't a mistake.
I've got this game on my digital box - unfortunately i can't record from the digital box but I will try to get a clearer video of the punch later in the evening. It was a calculated & dirty punch. Every Milan fan claims that if their 2nd goal was called it would have changed the game. I totally agree with this as Conte would have been forced to introduce the 4-3-3 earlier. We would have destroyed Milan.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I however agree with Boban. The decision which canceled Matri's legit goal, even though unacceptable, was quite understandable. It was indeed a close call (my guess is that the refs were told about Muntari's goal between the halves, that's why all 50-50 situations went in Milan's favor in the second half and I'm pretty sure the ref would have flagged for offside "anyways") but it was simply one of those mistakes which happen frequently in football games. The mistake on Muntari's goal on the other hand was unforgivable. I mean, if a linesman can't see that he really needs to quit his job.
Understandable, however a goal is a goal, a penalty is a penalty, we see this every week. Excuses can be made for officials but ultimately all errors lead to the same wrong outcome and falsified results.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I've got this game on my digital box - unfortunately i can't record from the digital box but I will try to get a clearer video of the punch later in the evening. It was a calculated & dirty punch. Every Milan fan claims that if their 2nd goal was called it would have changed the game. I totally agree with this as Conte would have been forced to introduce the 4-3-3 earlier. We would have destroyed Milan.
I already posted the video, Ali. Check the previous page.

It can't be more obvious that it was a deliberate full force punch from the back, taking advantage of the referee's position (back towards Mexes).

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
If our game against Inter had been ended in a draw, no matter how much the ref had whistled in our favor in the second half, we'd have put the whole blame on the ref only and only for that Marchisio's incident (the clear penalty not given). We were already 1-0 ahead, that penalty could have made it 2-0 by the end of the first half. For a moment try to see the things from Milan fans' perspectives, we would have reacted exactly the same and I'm sure they'd have also complained about those red cards and the disallowed goal in the second half.

I however agree with Boban. The decision which canceled Matri's legit goal, even though unacceptable, was quite understandable. It was indeed a close call (my guess is that the refs were told about Muntari's goal between the halves, that's why all 50-50 situations went in Milan's favor in the second half and I'm pretty sure the ref would have flagged for offside "anyways") but it was simply one of those mistakes which happen frequently in football games. The mistake on Muntari's goal on the other hand was unforgivable. I mean, if a linesman can't see that he really needs to quit his job. I understand Milan's fury but it's still illogical to claim that Muntari's goal would have finished the game. We've showed heart and passion this season, Conte was going to send the best players in, it'd have been really hard but you can never say it was impossible to get a draw from last night's game.

If anything, last night game had a lesson for all of us (especially myself), that the refs are equally treating (big) teams. Mistakes happen (to some teams more than some others) but they statistically tend to even out each others by the end of the season. And it's a good thing because this "FIGC will do anything to win Milan the Scudetto" conspiracy theory went down the toilet last night which shows we have a great chance of winning the title this year.
The voice of reason :touched:

+Rep :D

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
what reason?

IF Muntari's goal had stood, IF Mexes and Muntari had been sent off, we would be 11 v 9 and would have smashed them 4-2.

how many IFs are you going to do.

treat them all equally just like Mister said.

Aug 1, 2003
these things happen in football. in some cases they can be crucial deciding factors, such as an early send off. muntari's second goal was not. yes, milan would've led 2-0. no one could GUARANTEE they would win the game from that, this Juve never gives up (remember Napoli?). it was still early in the game and Milan had plenty of time to get another second goal as Juve only really showed up in the 70'. But they DIDN'T. what actually happened was that they tired out, and Juve put in some crucial fresh legs. the end.

buffon<3

Feb 4, 2012
if milan not score the 1st goal , if bonucci doesnt make mistake , if conte use 4-3-3 from the start , if tagliavento is not the referee , if the linesman wasnt blind , the result would have been different but its only if and the reality is the game is over and just accept that juve is still unbeaten

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
First mistake of the season that went against Milan and look at them all, from Berlu to Galliani, Allegri, the players and fans presenting it as the end of the world.

They seriously aren't used to not being favored 10 times out of 10. Yesterday the referees didn't give a clear rad card to Milan, disallowed a perfectly legal goal for Juve and red carded a Juve player, but according to Milan these referees were pro-Juve.

They are a shameless bunch. Protected better than a US president for more than two decades and at the first call that goes against them they cry like spoiled kids.
You should all be ashamed of yourselves, Milan!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)