[Serie A] Milan 0-0 Juventus [January 23rd, 2022] (17 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #43
    we don't have the luxury of playing for a draw though. a win would be massive. milan are vulnerable, we need to take advantage. we are yet to win a match vs a top4 side, this is a perfect occasion to start this.
    Massive mental boost if it happens but you know the outcome.

Jun 6, 2015
    It was only against Samp, but start them against Milan:

I would be slightly surprised if that happens. Arthur is yet to start against any tougher opponent, he has only played in our easier games. Also Milan is a very physical side, we're playing away from home and will likely have to do quite a bit of defending. Imo it's much more likely that we start with Loca in the deeper role with one of Rabiot or Benta besides him bringing the legs and the physicality.

Jun 16, 2020
    I would be slightly surprised if that happens. Arthur is yet to start against any tougher opponent, he has only played in our easier games. Also Milan is a very physical side, we're playing away from home and will likely have to do quite a bit of defending. Imo it's much more likely that we start with Loca in the deeper role with one of Rabiot or Benta besides him bringing the legs and the physicality.
    Its a must win tho and neither Rabiot nor Benta made the difference for us in bigger games this year

Jun 6, 2015
    Its a must win tho and neither Rabiot nor Benta made the difference for us in bigger games this year
    Depends on what you mean with "making a difference". For example I think Allegri was genuinely very happy with what Rabiot offered, mostly in defence, in the Super Coppa game against Inda.

There is a big difference playing against Sampdoria or Cagliari vs playing against Inda or Milan for example. At least thus far Allegri has preferred players who can play with certain intensity and give him guarantees defensively in the bigger games.

Jun 16, 2020
    Depends on what you mean with "making a difference". For example I think Allegri was genuinely very happy with what Rabiot offered, mostly in defence, in the Super Coppa game against Inda.

There is a big difference playing against Sampdoria or Cagliari vs playing against Inda or Milan for example. At least thus far Allegri has preferred players who can play with certain intensity and give him guarantees defensively in the bigger games.
    Yes but we didn’t win any game against the top 4 so far and we played all of them without Arthur - Loca. Maybe I had to say it different

Defensively Rabiot is doing fine lately indeed

Jun 6, 2015
    Yes but we didn’t win any game against the top 4 so far and we played all of them without Arthur - Loca. Maybe I had to say it different

Defensively Rabiot is doing fine lately indeed
    So do you think that not playing Arthur in those games is the cause for those results? I find that hypothesis rather unlikely and impossible to verify.

For example one could based on similar logic also argue that Rugani becoming a starter is the cause for the recent uptick in our performances and results.

Jun 16, 2020
    So do you think that not playing Arthur in those games is the cause for those results? I find that hypothesis rather unlikely and impossible to verify.

For example one could based on similar logic also argue that Rugani becoming a starter is the cause for the recent uptick in our performances and results.
    I’m not saying that we would’ve won with Arthur.

Im saying that we have the knowledge by now that it becomes very difficult for us against top teams with Rabiot and Bentancur.

So we have one game of ‘proof’ that Loca + Arthur might work. The numbers of the previous match don’t lie. It isn’t a certainty but it becomes a calculated decision, I think that odds of us winning the midfield increase with Loca and Arthur

Ive seen enough of both Rabiot and Bentancur in the past two years that I gladly take any option to bench them.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015

Im saying that we have the knowledge by now that it becomes very difficult for us against top teams with Rabiot and Bentancur.

So we have one game of ‘proof’ that Loca + Arthur might work. The numbers don’t lie. It isn’t a certainty but it becomes a calculated decision, I think that odds of us winning the midfield increase with Loca and Arthur

Ive seen enough of both Rabiot and Bentancur in the past two years that I gladly take any option to bench them.
    Arthur as regista and Locatelli back to back seems to be a good formula for the majority of Serie A games when teams park the bus.

However, I wouldn't be confident with Arthur in front of the defense if we face a proper team, in the CL for example, that actually attacks us.

I'd rather see Locatelli as regista in those cases.

Jun 16, 2020
    Arthur as regista and Locatelli back to back seems to be a good formula for the majority of Serie A games when teams park the bus.

However, I wouldn't be confident with Arthur in front of the defense if we face a proper team, in the CL for example, that actually attacks us.

I understand your way of thinking but I rather see it before I believe it.

Locatelli as regista allows us more security in defensive part, but we are short in attack with Rabiot or Bentancur. Locatelli really impressed as a box to box.

Hopefully we just try before making some hasty decisions.

Jun 6, 2015

So we have one game of ‘proof’ that Loca + Arthur might work. The numbers of the previous match don’t lie. It isn’t a certainty but it becomes a calculated decision, I think that odds of us winning the midfield increase with Loca and Arthur

Not a fan of putting that much weight on a single player selection decision. There are always many factors that affect the results of such games and trying to put the blame on one player is imo a bit of a oversimplification.

I do know that tuz loves to have a culprit to blame all the bad results for, but our difficulties against other top teams are not the fault of a single player.

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
    May 6, 2012

Do you think Zakaria fits the bill as a defensive regista sort of speak, similar to Casemiro or Fabinho? Or maybe Marseille’s Kamara?

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
    Do you think Zakaria fits the bill as a defensive regista sort of speak, similar to Casemiro or Fabinho? Or maybe Marseille’s Kamara?
    Zakaria I'd like best as either the defensive part next to a playmaking mid in a 4231, or as a Matuidi kinda guy in a 433.

Wouldn't want him in the Arthur role in front of the defense.
    Not pretending to be @Osman watching all matches, but Imo he's not good enough with his feet for that single spot in front of the defense. Could be wrong and it works out, but I'm sceptical.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
    Jan 17, 2011
    It depends. I am a night owl by nature, so I usually nap, go to bed at 5 and wake up around 9 am. I'm a proponent of WFH, so I don't really need to go anywhere. I hope I can sustain this for the foreseeable future, potentially migrating to an online platform on a permanent basis.
    Same.

I just wanna get rich so I can sleep in all the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)