[Serie A] Lecce vs. Juventus (5 Viewers)

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Alexander ] ++
There is absolutely no way Capello will field a 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 formation. No way...

However I think it would be a wise move to make Diamoutene's life hard by fielding both the ressurected Del Piero and strong Zlatan.
3-men defence is not modern and we should not use that.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Holygr4le ] ++

:thumb:

True!
Your options increase if you can use your wings as we could if "he" dared.
yeah, if we play 4-4-2 the LB and RB can go forward and take part on our attack. in a 3 man defence we would play with Cana, Thuram and Kovac, and none of them are good in offensive play.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Maresca ] ++

yeah, if we play 4-4-2 the LB and RB can go forward and take part on our attack. in a 3 man defence we would play with Cana, Thuram and Kovac, and none of them are good in offensive play.
True, but our wings would be so open..
But I guess Emerson and Vieira can handle that very professionaly ;)

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
Cannavaro promises Juve revival
Friday 21 October, 2005
Fabio Cannavaro expects Juventus to get back to winning ways against Lecce on Sunday afternoon.

The leaders lost their first game of the season to Bayern Munich on Tuesday, but the defender insists they’ll hit back at the Stadio Via Del Mare.

"We didn’t have the aggressiveness which we usually play with against Bayern," the stopper stated. "We just didn’t react to what was happening.

"However, I wouldn’t mind losing a game after winning nine in a row again. Losing now and again helps to recharge our competitiveness."

However, Juventus were not the only Italian club to struggle in the competition this week. Inter lost at Porto, while Milan and Udinese were held to home draws.

"We are playing a lot of games right now," defended Cannavaro. "Take next week for example, there is no international tie but a midweek League round instead."

The Old Lady will have the chance to equal their best ever start to a season by winning at the weekend, thus matching the eight triumphs from the 1985-86 campaign.

Cannavaro expects a difficult contest though, even if the southern minnows have been struggling.

"The Salentini have a new stimulus following their change in Coach," continued the former Parma and Inter man. "Yet we have no weaknesses and have cover in all positions."

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Eire ] ++
Cannavaro promises Juve revival
Friday 21 October, 2005
Fabio Cannavaro expects Juventus to get back to winning ways against Lecce on Sunday afternoon.

The leaders lost their first game of the season to Bayern Munich on Tuesday, but the defender insists they’ll hit back at the Stadio Via Del Mare.

"We didn’t have the aggressiveness which we usually play with against Bayern," the stopper stated. "We just didn’t react to what was happening.
"However, I wouldn’t mind losing a game after winning nine in a row again. Losing now and again helps to recharge our competitiveness."

However, Juventus were not the only Italian club to struggle in the competition this week. Inter lost at Porto, while Milan and Udinese were held to home draws.

"We are playing a lot of games right now," defended Cannavaro. "Take next week for example, there is no international tie but a midweek League round instead."

The Old Lady will have the chance to equal their best ever start to a season by winning at the weekend, thus matching the eight triumphs from the 1985-86 campaign.

Cannavaro expects a difficult contest though, even if the southern minnows have been struggling.

"The Salentini have a new stimulus following their change in Coach," continued the former Parma and Inter man. "Yet we have no weaknesses and have cover in all positions."
i think he said some important stuff.

This game shouldn't be just taken as an automatic win to juve.Although they aren't as strong as last year.Its good that the team has that mentality i expect them to play well.

We have some very important games coming, nothing even remotely easy.Even the one against Sampadoria.If we can pass through this period without losing would be just great.
And dont expect the team to play those great games anymore.We dont need it,we just need the points.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
well we all know that our formation will be surprise surprise:

Juventus (smth more sure than probable): Abbiati; Pessotto, Thuram, Cannavaro, Zambrotta; Camoranesi, Emerson, Giannichedda, Nedved; Ibrahimovic, Trezeguet,

i would be happy atleast if we "risk'' trying Balzaretti or gladstone, just to see them once before we sell them
(even as subs after our second goal)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)