Serie A: Lazio vs Juventus [Dec 15th 2007] (19 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Btw, not like I'm moaning or anything, but wasn't the push on Del Piero obvious:D when trezeguet crossed the ball straight to Ale's head??? that was a big time push.
That was a clear penalty, no questions asked.
I believe the ref was under huge presure from Lazio's players and fans after he made few calls against them.
At half time all Lazio players rushed towards him and attacked him verbally. If it was 1:1 he would have probably given a peno, but since we were leading 3:1 he didn't want to create more trouble.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
That was a clear penalty, no questions asked.
I believe the ref was under huge presure from Lazio's players and fans after he made few calls against them.
At half time all Lazio players rushed towards him and attacked him verbally. If it was 1:1 he would have probably given a peno, but since we were leading 3:1 he didn't want to create more trouble.
Thats exactly what I thought. I think It was obvious for him but he didn't want to whistle saving lot of problems for him.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
How the hell can Tiago light up the match after playing only 90 minutes in the last month coming in during the second half of the game? He's not fucking Maradona. We only had 37% of the possession in the match and Tiago created two opportunities that should have been finished, especially by Trezeguet.

It might be your opinion, but I think your opinion is simply wrong.
Actually no.. I don't hate Tiago at all. I was happy that he came to Juve (not at that price though).. I am not blaming him, I am just saying he didnot impress me. He ran alot never the less, still TIAGO is a person who is supposed to have to spark our midfield with his creativity and I did not see that last night. Infact, as I said before, most of his passes were either wrong or weak.
Maybe he lacks match fitness, but he wasn't impressive last night.

And unlike you I won't jump saying no u are the one who doesn't know anything about football because this is ur opinion.
If you think Tiago played well, then good for you.

Please don't question my knowledge about football or Juve again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope this clears it up...

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
I have nothing against Tiago, like some of you here may think, but I know that there's a better playmaker out there who is younger, has a brighter future, and costs a lot less

His name is Seba Giovinco

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I hope this clears it up...
No, it doesn't clear it up whatsoever. Tiago is fit, played a good match yesterday, and deserves a starting role. End of.

I have nothing against Tiago, like some of you here may think, but I know that there's a better playmaker out there who is younger, has a brighter future, and costs a lot less

Tiago isn't even a playmaker. Again, Vinni, you are way off when it comes to this player.

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
No, it doesn't clear it up whatsoever. Tiago is fit, played a good match yesterday, and deserves a starting role. End of.

Tiago isn't even a playmaker. Again, Vinni, you are way off when it comes to this player.
so what is he supposed to be, Andy ??

He isnt physical enough to be a defensive midfielder like Zanetti or Nocerino...isnt he supposed to help create chances and supply balls for the strikers ??

What would you consider him to be, Andy, besides expensive ??

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
so what is he supposed to be, Andy ??

He isnt physical enough to be a defensive midfielder like Zanetti or Nocerino...isnt he supposed to help create chances and supply balls for the strikers ??

What would you consider him to be, Andy, besides expensive ??
He's an all action midfielder who can make the smart passes, be the link between the defense and the main playmaker, and provide good shots from deep.

And yes, he can get stuck in and win balls, as seen yesterday. He played with grit and won a ball in the middle of the pitch, setting up Trezeguet alone in front of goal.

Tiago can do it all in midfield. There's no doubt about that.

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
He's an all action midfielder who can make the smart passes, be the link between the defense and the main playmaker, and provide good shots from deep.

And yes, he can get stuck in and win balls, as seen yesterday. He played with grit and won a ball in the middle of the pitch, setting up Trezeguet alone in front of goal.

Tiago can do it all in midfield. There's no doubt about that.
all the things you described sounds pretty much like a playmaker to me...and since this team doesnt exactly have a "playmaker" I guess he would be the closest thing to one

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
all the things you described sounds pretty much like a playmaker to me...and since this team doesnt exactly have a "playmaker" I guess he would be the closest thing to one
Whatever dude. The fact that you call him a playmaker is just seemingly a ploy to bash him even more, as if he doesn't perform as such, you'll just bash him for that as well.

Just like Nedved isn't a "playmaker," neither is Tiago. Just because he's a good passer of the ball doesn't make him a playmaker.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005

You have around 4 positions in the mdifield,
1- RM/LM (more or less depending on the formation, a wing) as in Camoranesi, Nedved, previous roles of Zambrotta. These players have the abilities to play on the side, drift in the middle when needed and are excellent in crossing. Many prefer the player to be fast. But players like Camoranesi who are not very fast can do the job by having excellent techniques.
2- DM, as in Zanetti, Nocerino. Players who can abruptly cut the ball. Obtain possession. Win back balls in the midfield. Prevent counter attacks. They are the first line of defence. Aggressive players with high levels of fitness.
3- CM, as in Pirlo. Players who are gifted with the ability to pass extremely well. Who, although can, do not need to run with the ball alot to deliver it to the next player. They are good in both short and long passes. They should have the ability to shoot from distance. In addition, they should have a decent defensive abilities. Can maintain ball possession.
4- OM, as in Kaka, Nedved when he plays in the center..etc These are players who can run with the ball, dribble past players and open up spaces. Players with proper attacking mentality. Some refer to them as an attacking Joker, they can play wherever they feel its needed. Shifting from right to left. But their main role is infront of the midfielders.

A playmaker is usually either OM or CM.

This how I classify midfielders. Please (and I am not being sarcastic or anything) which place do you see Tiago playing at?

For me he's either an OM or a CM who can play as a RM. Thats how I always saw Tiago.

The problem with Tiago currently is that he is not a DM. So to ask him to take Zanetti or Nocerino's role is just like asking him walk on his hands. And since he is not playing so often he cannot do a CM's job well because it requires a high level of adaptation with the team.
When he was fielded in the game against Lazio, he was supposed to take the role of a CM. In this means he should have helped the team to maintain possesion. I do agree that there were few moment where one could feel that he was trying to do something. It is moments after our 3rd goal immediately. The problem is that he did not continue to do so. It was clear that he lacks alot of match fitness (not FITNESS, rather than MATCH fitness).

In few occassions we had a good chance to counter and he did pass the ball towards the right direction but it was too weak. Plus the one here and one there wrong passes.
He did run alot. He tried to take a role of a DM for while which he failed in doing so. He couldn't put proper pressure on the oponent as Zanetti or Nocerino are capable of.

To me, the game against Lazio wasn't that impressive interms of performace from Tiago's side. But I don't want to put alot critisim on him for two reasons:
1- The whole side, if you exclude DP and Gigi weren't playing well.
2- He lacks alot of match fitness.

So unless he gets some playing time and shows he's worth it, he is still an over priced purchase (whether he's good or not, if we did not benefit from his acusition, then he will be remembered as waste of money)..

Imagine buying Kaka for 30 million euros. Great player. Then you don't play him for whatever reason (e.g. problem with coach, or he is just not putting enough effort in the trainning) and whenever you play him he perferms averagely. Does that make the money put on him worthwhile? No.

Sep 19, 2006

Playmaker???

Now I am sure u never saw the guy playin with Chelsea,Lyon or even Portugal.
He was never a playmaker & he will never be one,he is simply a CM who can connect the midfield to the the forwards,he wins balls in the middle,give possesion & sometimes come up with great shots on goals & great assists.
i

About the Cost,what r u whining about,Chelsea got him for nearly the same cost & he turned out to be a great deal & helped them a lot winning the title 7 then they cashed from him when they sold him.
Then,Lyon got him for exactly the same price,& hw was one of the best midfielders in Europe at lyon & when they sold him,they cashed from him.
Now we got him & we dont play him,just coz Ranieri is stupid doesnt meen that the player is overpriced,actually,at first i thought we got a great deal on him.btw he is only 26.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
You have around 4 positions in the mdifield,
1- RM/LM (more or less depending on the formation, a wing) as in Camoranesi, Nedved, previous roles of Zambrotta. These players have the abilities to play on the side, drift in the middle when needed and are excellent in crossing. Many prefer the player to be fast. But players like Camoranesi who are not very fast can do the job by having excellent techniques.
2- DM, as in Zanetti, Nocerino. Players who can abruptly cut the ball. Obtain possession. Win back balls in the midfield. Prevent counter attacks. They are the first line of defence. Aggressive players with high levels of fitness.
3- CM, as in Pirlo. Players who are gifted with the ability to pass extremely well. Who, although can, do not need to run with the ball alot to deliver it to the next player. They are good in both short and long passes. They should have the ability to shoot from distance. In addition, they should have a decent defensive abilities. Can maintain ball possession.
4- OM, as in Kaka, Nedved when he plays in the center..etc These are players who can run with the ball, dribble past players and open up spaces. Players with proper attacking mentality. Some refer to them as an attacking Joker, they can play wherever they feel its needed. Shifting from right to left. But their main role is infront of the midfielders.

A playmaker is usually either OM or CM.

This how I classify midfielders. Please (and I am not being sarcastic or anything) which place do you see Tiago playing at?

For me he's either an OM or a CM who can play as a RM. Thats how I always saw Tiago.

The problem with Tiago currently is that he is not a DM. So to ask him to take Zanetti or Nocerino's role is just like asking him walk on his hands. And since he is not playing so often he cannot do a CM's job well because it requires a high level of adaptation with the team.
When he was fielded in the game against Lazio, he was supposed to take the role of a CM. In this means he should have helped the team to maintain possesion. I do agree that there were few moment where one could feel that he was trying to do something. It is moments after our 3rd goal immediately. The problem is that he did not continue to do so. It was clear that he lacks alot of match fitness (not FITNESS, rather than MATCH fitness).

In few occassions we had a good chance to counter and he did pass the ball towards the right direction but it was too weak. Plus the one here and one there wrong passes.
He did run alot. He tried to take a role of a DM for while which he failed in doing so. He couldn't put proper pressure on the oponent as Zanetti or Nocerino are capable of.

To me, the game against Lazio wasn't that impressive interms of performace from Tiago's side. But I don't want to put alot critisim on him for two reasons:
1- The whole side, if you exclude DP and Gigi weren't playing well.
2- He lacks alot of match fitness.

So unless he gets some playing time and shows he's worth it, he is still an over priced purchase (whether he's good or not, if we did not benefit from his acusition, then he will be remembered as waste of money)..

Imagine buying Kaka for 30 million euros. Great player. Then you don't play him for whatever reason (e.g. problem with coach, or he is just not putting enough effort in the trainning) and whenever you play him he perferms averagely. Does that make the money put on him worthwhile? No.
Thank you for good explanation about Midfield position and correct words about Tiago's performance

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
Playmaker???

Now I am sure u never saw the guy playin with Chelsea,Lyon or even Portugal.
He was never a playmaker & he will never be one,he is simply a CM who can connect the midfield to the the forwards,he wins balls in the middle,give possesion & sometimes come up with great shots on goals & great assists.
i

About the Cost,what r u whining about,Chelsea got him for nearly the same cost & he turned out to be a great deal & helped them a lot winning the title 7 then they cashed from him when they sold him.
Then,Lyon got him for exactly the same price,& hw was one of the best midfielders in Europe at lyon & when they sold him,they cashed from him.
Now we got him & we dont play him,just coz Ranieri is stupid doesnt meen that the player is overpriced,actually,at first i thought we got a great deal on him.btw he is only 26.
First coach do play Tiago , ok not often , but considering his performance in last game Im sure he will play him more often. Only position Tiago could play, as ZAF said is OM or CM. But than if we have RM and LM its impossible to field him.
Maybe Tiago could play in position of RM instead of Neddy (Paladino's possition too). What do you think?
And second thing Ranieri is not stupid as you and few guys with same opinion about Tiago thinks.
Do you really think if we had any other coach that we would do better with this squad?

Sep 19, 2006
First coach do play Tiago , ok not often , but considering his performance in last game Im sure he will play him more often. Only position Tiago could play, as ZAF said is OM or CM. But than if we have RM and LM its impossible to field him.
Maybe Tiago could play in position of RM instead of Neddy (Paladino's possition too). What do you think?
And second thing Ranieri is not stupid as you and few guys with same opinion about Tiago thinks.
Do you really think if we had any other coach that we would do better with this squad?
I like what Ranieri is doing with this squad so far(results wise),& I only refer to him as stupid only when it comes to Tiago coz he is dealing with him with stupidity & every one knows that,& his latest comments about Sissoko was one of the worst comments i've ever seen from a coach.

I dont want to go on & on about why Tiago deserves to start coz it is getting lame.
I can only hope from Ranieri to deal with him in a smarter way coz we r ruining a player who can change our whole way of play.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
I like what Ranieri is doing with this squad so far(results wise),& I only refer to him as stupid only when it comes to Tiago coz he is dealing with him with stupidity & every one knows that,& his latest comments about Sissoko was one of the worst comments i've ever seen from a coach.

I dont want to go on & on about why Tiago deserves to start coz it is getting lame.
I can only hope from Ranieri to deal with him in a smarter way coz we r ruining a player who can change our whole way of play.
I think "information" you have is from Goal.com, and i think they said it in they own way. I asked before if anyone heard or saw on TV this interview and no one could confirm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)