Serie A: Lazio vs Juventus [Dec 15th 2007] (8 Viewers)

Sep 19, 2006
That is simple, Giovinco is a phenomenon and Tiago is not.
So Giovinco is a phenomenon already!!!

I swear to God this overatting that this player is getting at such a young age could ruin him.

Giovinco is a young player who looks promising & thats it.
How many players were considered as phenomenons & were compared to players like Maradona,Pele & Zidane & turned out to be Crap.
I know that everybody including myself is waiting like hell for a young Juventino talent who can fill up Dp's shoes but it is just not right to call a hild who still didnt accomplish anything a phenomenon.

Forza Giovinco

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
No, Giovinco is not just some young player who looks promising. Anyone can see that this guy is something special, not just another talent.

Giovinco has been given a lot of playing time in recent weeks, since Malesani took over. Giovinco has been decisive and has delivered every match since then, being the man of the match more often than not.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Doesn't mean Tiago isn't a very good player, if used properly.
I never said he is not a good player. :doh:

I swear to God this overatting that this player is getting at such a young age could ruin him.

How many players were considered as phenomenons & were compared to players like Maradona,Pele & Zidane & turned out to be Crap.
I know that everybody including myself is waiting like hell for a young Juventino talent who can fill up Dp's shoes but it is just not right to call a hild who still didnt accomplish anything a phenomenon.

Forza Giovinco
You haven´t seen too much of Giovinco then. Indeed, Forza Giovinco!

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003

Forza Giovinco
For the first time, I'll have to agree with you.

He could be phenomenon, but people should release some pressure out of him. And I really don't see what Gio has to do with Tiago....this is supposed to be the Lazio-Juve game:D

Ahmedou

Oct 20, 2007
I have nothing against Tiago, like some of you here may think, but I know that there's a better playmaker out there who is younger, has a brighter future, and costs a lot less

His name is Seba Giovinco
Seba has to progress and become tougher(more hard-wearing) to be able to play on the juventus team. Tiago is a trequartista who's able to defend very well and that's what makes of him a more complete player.

But i would agree with you if you talked about Marchisio who realy could do the sames things as Tiago. Defending and creating, with a clean relaunching. I think that on the next season, Marchisio will be very important for us. Concerning Giovinco he couldn't be used alot but he should be a good joker sometimes.

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
I'm a big fan of Giovinco and I'm 99.9% sure he's gonna be a star and a Juventus mainstay for years to come.

With that, I'm not sure now is the time to bring him back from loan. He's really only been given a handful of games to start in, and while he's been decisive, I'm not sure he's ready for the pressure that will placed on him. He will essentially be asked to do Nedved and/or Camoranesi's job (depending on injury) and be the creative spark and lynchpin of the Juventus midfield. Something Almiron has failed miserably at, and Tiago has had a tough time proving himself adept at.

I think a top LB/CB is priority one... once the need for two pure DMs is gone, then Juve can look at injecting more spark in the midfield, like Giovinco.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
leave him on loan till the end of this season. let him get some quality playing time then we will bring him back. when were in the CL.

Sep 19, 2006
No, Giovinco is not just some young player who looks promising. Anyone can see that this guy is something special, not just another talent.

Giovinco has been given a lot of playing time in recent weeks, since Malesani took over. Giovinco has been decisive and has delivered every match since then, being the man of the match more often than not.
Man,the guy is playin for Empoli,u cant rate him as a phenomenon just after 4 or 5 great matches with a team like empoli.
How many players shined even a lot more than Giovinco with small clubs & then didnt produce anything with big clubs.

Like u guys,I dream of him being a great player & filling Dp's shoes but all the pressure he is getting at such a young age could only ruin him,after all he is still a child & calling him a Phenomenon is simply not right & comparing him with Tiago is STUPID.

You haven´t seen too much of Giovinco then. Indeed, Forza Giovinco!
I've seen nearly every match he played so far & if I missed the match,I see the highlights.
Again,u cant call a player a Phenomenon just after 4 or 5 great matches with Empoli,he is a young player who looks promising & thats it,lets keep it like this & when he comes back to Juve next year & accomplish smthing with a big club,then u can call him a Phenomenon.

lil zlatan

Mar 5, 2006
La Gazzetta dello Sport ratings.

Buffon 7,5
Zebina 6,0
Chiellini 6,0
Legrottaglie 5,5
Molinaro 5,0
Salihamidzic 6,5
Nocerino 5,5
Zanetti 7,5
Nedved 5,5
Del Piero 8,0
Trezeguet 6,0
Tiago 6,5

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I finally saw the highlights of this game at 5a m this morning (damn channel 5)

I was expecting after reading match reports, to see a totally abject Molinaro and an excellent Tiago.

To my surprise but not shockingly I saw nothing of the sort.

Granted I only saw 1 hour of the game, 30 mins each half but unless they cut out all the bits where Molinaro sucked big time and Tiago was on fire then i don't what the fuss was all about.

First of all Molinaro, he did not play that wel from what I saw but he was no worse than the other back 4 and most of the dangerous moments from Juve were not down his side as Buffon's great save of Rocchi's shot came from a cross from the opposite side.

Pandev's 1st goal was a from Mutarelli's cross from the right, and Pandev's 2nd was also from a right sided cross but he is usually the scapegoat on here.

Andy, Juve Sempre and some others were at pains to tell us how well Tiago performed but unless i am missing something, I did not see it.

The so called assist to Trez was firstly a foul on Mudingayi that the Italian directors showed again to prove it wasa foul and Trez was by himself and i guarantee every member of this forum would have made that pass.

I thought it was an eye of the needle pass but it was just a simple pass to Trez who was totally free. He in the 30 minutes of 2nd half passed the ball 4 times to an opponent.

I am not hating on him, Andy and his price tag has got nothing to do with it. He is the same player that I have noticed from Chelsea days and he is just another player to me.

You can understand those that have never seen him play expecting incredible things from him cos of his price tag.

Not his fault he cost that much but life is never fair, ppl expect that because you cost a lot you gotta be special and when Zanetti starts producing better passes than he does then it makes you wonder.

I don't remember the person that said his passes were weak because that person was absolutely right. The passes that take out opposition, when he tried them, were easily cut out.

He did play badly or anything but he did not do anything that would make me think drop so and so player for his inclusion.

As for Molinaro, like I said unless they did not show where he was really horrible then the stick he got on here was over the top just like the Tiago praise

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)