[Serie A] Lazio - Juventus (4 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
denco said:
Thuram: Still not sure why he is captain, shows time and time again why Lippi kept playing him at right back, he is useless in the air, as he never goes into the box for our corner kicks and always seems to be beaten in the air as he jumps without conviction, was too confident for the goal and was totally to blame for that 5
I concur, I can't believe some people here think Thuram is the best defender in the world...better than Puyol, better than Terry, better than Cannavaro...but I just don't see it. That weakness in the air has cost us several times in the past.

As for him being the captain of our side, I agree as well.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
i am not saying that because of that mistake....i just think juventus should have italian captain when we are playing....after all, we are a italian team......and even if not italian, then i would prefer someone who looks more lively a la nedved, trez.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
RochemBeck said:
I concur, I can't believe some people here think Thuram is the best defender in the world...better than Puyol, better than Terry, better than Cannavaro...but I just don't see it. That weakness in the air has cost us several times in the past.

As for him being the captain of our side, I agree as well.
I'm not saying that Thuram is the best,that is nonsense,but I think that we don't have a better option at the moment.
If you ask me who is the best defender,I certainly vote for Terry-Carvalho duo.Cannavaro iscertainly among the best defenders.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Stephan said:
i am not saying that because of that mistake....i just think juventus should have italian captain when we are playing....after all, we are a italian team......and even if not italian, then i would prefer someone who looks more lively a la nedved, trez.
Exactly,exactly!!!!!
Another time,good post!!!

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
denco said:
Well 2 things are very glaring after yesterdays games, the first i am sorry to say but SerieA now has as much trash in their league as does the epl. Whilst this season you sat teams like spurs are better than they were last season, in SerieA only Milan, Juve and inter are worth a damn. How on earth can Lazio celebrate drawing at home to any team is beyond me. Looking at the lazio side last nite only 2 players will be in our team, thats Oddo and at a strecth Peruzzi(who by the way, is making mistakes left, right and centre as he was culpable for the goal, and of cos he is now back in the national fold) and apart from that only Liverani might make our squad. The rest are full of journeymen and nobodies, and thats very sad when u think of Lazio of just 2 or 3 seasons ago, who definitely would have given us a good hiding yesterday.
Capello is a very lucky bastard cos history will not say the quality of serieA , but that he won x amount of matches out of y amount of matches, but in truth, other managers have had to deal with a lot more quallity opposition. I mean this is the pants

The second glaring thing is , we always go into a game with the intention os soaking up pressure from opposition and then wait for them to tire like a punched drunk boxer , then hit for 6, it works most of the time mainly because the opposition is poor its unbelieveable, the only problem is when you do it against Milan and Bayern, they have players to punish you, unlike the Rocchis and Behramis of this world

Abiatti: did not have much to do at all 6
Zambrotta : played as well as he could on the right hand flank but really should go back to the left as he is watsed there 6
Chiellini: I am still waitiong on that potential, the one thing he is good at is to get in the way of everybody, both opposition and team mates as he did against Cannavaro and Nedved who were not too pleased 5
Cannavaro: best defender on the night as he had to cover for almost everybody 6.5
Thuram: Still not sure why he is captain, shows time and time again why Lippi kept playing him at right back, he is useless in the air, as he never goes into the box for our corner kicks and always seems to be beaten in the air as he jumps without conviction, was too confident for the goal and was totally to blame for that 5
Blasi: did what he knows how to do and thats be on the pitch and forget about the football cos that as far he is concerned is incidental, the main reason as far as he goes as to why we are footballers is to kick other players and stop flow of the game and thats it. Will you guys stop passing the ball to me as i got no idea what to do with it, much better kicking legs 5.5
Vieira: Another poor performance, and this is becoming very worrying not because of serieA as there is nothing to worry about there at all but for Cl 5
Camoranesi : all pespiration but no inspiration but he did work hard down the right with Zambrotta 6
Nedved: Actually i thought he played well, better than i have seen him in the past, moved about and more effective than the middle as even a rabbit will tell ya, got booed but was up 4 it, but i hate his continuous divings 6.5
Zlatan: gave away the ball, was offside most often blah blah blah blah, the guy played well for christs sakes, his off the ball running was spot on, something he has improved upon and was always worrying the oppostion, the pass to Trez was pure genius, his finishing was pure shite 6
Trez: scored and thats our Trez 6
Zalayeta: i was not too pleased to see him come in initially and bam he proves me right by overrunning a ball out of play instead of crossing on time, then he redeems himself by crossing a decent ball the next time
Dp: was on far too late and showed glimpses of what he is still capable of
Capello: your cv will show , you are the most succesful manager perhaps ever, but it does not say , tactically you are inept, it will not say other managers know what substituions is all about. You know you do not have to pick the same team all the time against opposition, only making changes when you feel the oppostion is weak, like Caligari etc. Take a lesson from Mourinho on what management squad style is all about and subs as you haven't a clue
I agree with everything Dennis had to say

I am not as nice with my ratings-

Abbiati- 6
Zamby- 6
Chellini- 5.5
Canna- 6.5
Thuram- 4.5
Blasi- 5.5
Vieira- 5.5
Camo- 6
Nedved- 6.5
Zlatan- 5.5
Trez- 6

Cap- 4.5

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
The game with Lazio shows off how much we we are emo-dependant...we lost control of the midfield....do you saw how many divided balls we lost in the midfield??...Vieira is good, but doesnt have the bite Emerson gives us.I just hope emo gets fit as soon as possible, or we will have problems at the midfield....

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
giovanotti said:
I'm not saying that Thuram is the best,that is nonsense,but I think that we don't have a better option at the moment.
If you ask me who is the best defender,I certainly vote for Terry-Carvalho duo.Cannavaro iscertainly among the best defenders.
dont worry folk are pissed at his major blunder yesterday next week he will be a god of a defender to them again;)
TBh i feeel that he has been amazing for us but i feel now that we need to get someone younger in to learn from him and to take over from him.
zambrotta,cannavaro and then emerson thats the order i would pput a new captain

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
Cronios said:
I hate this, i prefere the fast short pass possesion play
I would prefer that if we had Del Piero on seeing everytime he jumps for the ball, it's almost funny how he comes stumbling back down :D

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
I don´t agree with you all, who say that Thuram should not be captain. I think a captain must be choosen by the players. Thuram is one of our most expirenced players(I don´t say best players) of juve. And I remember the first time he was captain. everybody was content with him and all said that he should be vice-Captain.
Zambrotta is a player who is not talking very much on the field, a captain must talk alot and have leader characteristic. it is not important that he is not italian in this case, because he has been with juve for years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)