[Serie A] Lazio - Juventus (12 Viewers)

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
Maresca said:
I had a differnt image of him at the time he was in England. I thought he is a fair and intellegent sports man but now I know what this idiot is, if a juve player had done such a thing, he surly had been thrown away from the team.
He acted as if he was the manager and he started jumping around when fouls were commited against them..what a loser

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Well 2 things are very glaring after yesterdays games, the first i am sorry to say but SerieA now has as much trash in their league as does the epl. Whilst this season you sat teams like spurs are better than they were last season, in SerieA only Milan, Juve and inter are worth a damn. How on earth can Lazio celebrate drawing at home to any team is beyond me. Looking at the lazio side last nite only 2 players will be in our team, thats Oddo and at a strecth Peruzzi(who by the way, is making mistakes left, right and centre as he was culpable for the goal, and of cos he is now back in the national fold) and apart from that only Liverani might make our squad. The rest are full of journeymen and nobodies, and thats very sad when u think of Lazio of just 2 or 3 seasons ago, who definitely would have given us a good hiding yesterday.
Capello is a very lucky bastard cos history will not say the quality of serieA , but that he won x amount of matches out of y amount of matches, but in truth, other managers have had to deal with a lot more quallity opposition. I mean this is the pants

The second glaring thing is , we always go into a game with the intention os soaking up pressure from opposition and then wait for them to tire like a punched drunk boxer , then hit for 6, it works most of the time mainly because the opposition is poor its unbelieveable, the only problem is when you do it against Milan and Bayern, they have players to punish you, unlike the Rocchis and Behramis of this world

Abiatti: did not have much to do at all 6
Zambrotta : played as well as he could on the right hand flank but really should go back to the left as he is watsed there 6
Chiellini: I am still waitiong on that potential, the one thing he is good at is to get in the way of everybody, both opposition and team mates as he did against Cannavaro and Nedved who were not too pleased 5
Cannavaro: best defender on the night as he had to cover for almost everybody 6.5
Thuram: Still not sure why he is captain, shows time and time again why Lippi kept playing him at right back, he is useless in the air, as he never goes into the box for our corner kicks and always seems to be beaten in the air as he jumps without conviction, was too confident for the goal and was totally to blame for that 5
Blasi: did what he knows how to do and thats be on the pitch and forget about the football cos that as far he is concerned is incidental, the main reason as far as he goes as to why we are footballers is to kick other players and stop flow of the game and thats it. Will you guys stop passing the ball to me as i got no idea what to do with it, much better kicking legs 5.5
Vieira: Another poor performance, and this is becoming very worrying not because of serieA as there is nothing to worry about there at all but for Cl 5
Camoranesi : all pespiration but no inspiration but he did work hard down the right with Zambrotta 6
Nedved: Actually i thought he played well, better than i have seen him in the past, moved about and more effective than the middle as even a rabbit will tell ya, got booed but was up 4 it, but i hate his continuous divings 6.5
Zlatan: gave away the ball, was offside most often blah blah blah blah, the guy played well for christs sakes, his off the ball running was spot on, something he has improved upon and was always worrying the oppostion, the pass to Trez was pure genius, his finishing was pure shite 6
Trez: scored and thats our Trez 6
Zalayeta: i was not too pleased to see him come in initially and bam he proves me right by overrunning a ball out of play instead of crossing on time, then he redeems himself by crossing a decent ball the next time
Dp: was on far too late and showed glimpses of what he is still capable of
Capello: your cv will show , you are the most succesful manager perhaps ever, but it does not say , tactically you are inept, it will not say other managers know what substituions is all about. You know you do not have to pick the same team all the time against opposition, only making changes when you feel the oppostion is weak, like Caligari etc. Take a lesson from Mourinho on what management squad style is all about and subs as you haven't a clue

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Desmond said:
Our biggest problem was that for most of the match we failed to adapt to Lazio's pace...not only that, we freely allowed them to dictate the tempo for 80% of the game and were forced to release the ball much earlier than intended alot of the time, resulting in mediocre passes.

I was particularly pissed at Thuram and Zlatan, the former giving the goal away with an amateurish mistake, deciding to outfox two opponents barely 10 yards away from goal. Zlatan gave the ball away far too often and his passing was horrific, not to mention those incessant and unneccesary fouls that impeded our play.

That said it was a pretty foul-tempered match and there were niggling fouls on both teams every few minutes that in a way prevented us from taking the match by the scruff of the neck as the Lazio defence coped very well with the long balls we dished out from the resulting freekicks.

Personally I thought it was a fair result, not too upset about getting only a point but more about the performance and not deserving more.
10 yards ???

it was more like 10 feet (even less than that !!)

I agree with you...Lazio fought and hustled for every ball...we didnt

Lazio dictated the tempo of the game...we didnt

We tried the longballs, and Lazio was ready for it

we didnt have any substitutions until there was about 10 minutes left in the match

CAP WAS OUTCOACHED....PLAIN AND SIMPLE !!!!!

if not for the QUALITY of our team...we would have lost this game, no doubt

we have the right players, but not the right coach

again I fear what will happen in the CL, when we face QUALITY teams and BETTER coaches

But Di Canio should be penalised,that's for sure...
then that idiot Lucarelli should be penalized too, Giovanotti

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Vinman said:
10 yards ???

it was more like 10 feet (even less than that !!)

I agree with you...Lazio fought and hustled for every ball...we didnt

Lazio dictated the tempo of the game...we didnt

We tried the longballs, and Lazio was ready for it

we didnt have any substitutions until there was about 10 minutes left in the match

CAP WAS OUTCOACHED....PLAIN AND SIMPLE !!!!!

if not for the QUALITY of our team...we would have lost this game, no doubt

we have the right players, but not the right coach

again I fear what will happen in the CL, when we face QUALITY teams and BETTER coaches

then that idiot Lucarelli should be penalized too, Giovanotti
TBH it's surprising not every team is. When didn't we play with long balls?

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Hello.....thought in the last evening about our game with lazio, and started to worry a little.... remember last season, we had also a good lead our milan and others, and in the end, we lost that lead and milan-juve was the decider. And i remember a season when he was with roma, and he was leading the seria a by points, and also had a nice lead, and then milan came from behind and in the end milan won it somekind of 8 points between milan and roma..........

This starts to worry me a little.....seems like capello isnt a good motivater? After all, what was going on yesterday????? PLayers had had plenty of time to rest!!!! Its up to Coach to motivate his players before the game and also through out the game.......

Might it be the problem with capello??? Now isnt the time to take things with relax...... if the CL start again, then we have many games in one week and then we might have to rest some players from seria a matches to play well in CL, that meens we might loose points!!! but if we have then, still a good lead, we may risk.

Ofcourse we might say, ah, dont panic, its nothing one game ant etc.....but what the heck.....look the teams on the paper, we should win always then......and i dont know, maybe it really would be good if holidays come fast......so capello feels motivated again when next year season starts again???

Your thoughts?

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
giovanotti said:
You have + REP from me,for your sig!!!!;)
yaay thanks buddy :weee: but I put my Rep off cause Im getting -ve points for the most randomest posts stuff ever...some really crazy people here :pumpkin: :p

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Stephan said:
Hello.....thought in the last evening about our game with lazio, and started to worry a little.... remember last season, we had also a good lead our milan and others, and in the end, we lost[/B] that lead and milan-juve was the decider. And i remember a season when he was with roma, and he was leading the seria a by points, and also had a nice lead, and then milan came from behind and in the end milan won it somekind of 8 points between milan and roma..........

This starts to worry me a little.....seems like capello isnt a good motivater? After all, what was going on yesterday????? PLayers had had plenty of time to rest!!!! Its up to Coach to motivate his players before the game and also through out the game.......

Might it be the problem with capello??? Now isnt the time to take things with relax...... if the CL start again, then we have many games in one week and then we might have to rest some players from seria a matches to play well in CL, that meens we might loose points!!! but if we have then, still a good lead, we may risk.

Ofcourse we might say, ah, dont panic, its nothing one game ant etc.....but what the heck.....look the teams on the paper, we should win always then......and i dont know, maybe it really would be good if holidays come fast......so capello feels motivated again when next year season starts again???

Your thoughts?

Could be,I don't know Capello personally to talk about his motivating abbilities,but he certainly doesn't motivate Del Piero!!!
And the blue phrase is the usual here.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Bozi.78 said:
aye i was not saying you were overreacting bro(just in case you thought)
but the way some people go on here it reminds me of the residents of springfield and their wildly varying mood swings and how even the most respected member of community is one second away from being lynched;)
I was agreeing with you,it wasn't directed to you (the overreacting) :)

Aug 1, 2003
Didnt see the match and cant say much then, just a bit pissed that Capello made late substitutions.

Sigh.

I'll just feed my brain the sentence "we have to draw some time" over and over again

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
sallyinzaghi said:
Didnt see the match and cant say much then, just a bit pissed that Capello made late substitutions.

Sigh.

I'll just feed my brain the sentence "we have to draw some time" over and over again

you fall asleep?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)