[SERIE A] Lazio 1 -1 JUVENTUS (1/18/09) (1 Viewer)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Its not ridiculous, it would be if, Chimenti would be the only replacement for Gigi.

We have been missing Trez and Buffon and Zanetti a large part of the season. and still managed to get points, aka bernabau (yeah they aint that good, but we never beat them in their home before, even be it DP magic). Besides i am not too sure if Trez would get in to first XI anymore anyway, unless we play 4-3-3, which i cant see us doing week in, week out.

Its not ridiculous, it would be if, Chimenti would be the only replacement for Gigi.

And as you can read, people are already considering selling the first two.
Listen, Manninger did very well. If we had any other 2nd keeper we might have been 7 or 8 pts behind Inter instead of 3pts. But if we had Buffon instead of Manninger we might have been leading the standings right now. So, there is a difference.

I already told you why the importance of Trez would've been big. No need to mention Camoranesi.
We might have squad depth, but sometimes you have only one available player for a certain position and even if he plays awful Ranieri can't replace him simply because we have no other option on the bench. Sometimes, like today, we didn't even have a single player to play in one particular position, because even our boy for every position, Salihamidzic, is injured for a long time already.

I can't believe you downplay the importance of these injuries. As Juve Red told you, imagine Inter without those players and without enough cover on the bench. With time, maybe they'd have found the chemistry and started winning, but for sure there would've been time when they would have lost points due to those injuries. Just look at them with 4-3-3 in CL, even at the start of serie A. It's not simple to change the team every next match, or to change the team so drastically as we were forced to do on many matches.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I share that doubt too..i am hoping that they will struggle without their one man army (ibra) next week seeing that he is suspended.
one man army :melayyanandmessi:

no but i do agree without ibracamel up front they will struggle. hopefully cassano can do us a favor.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Listen, Manninger did very well. If we had any other 2nd keeper we might have been 7 or 8 pts behind Inter instead of 3pts. But if we had Buffon instead of Manninger we might have been leading the standings right now. So, there is a difference.

I already told you why the importance of Trez would've been big. No need to mention Camoranesi.
We might have squad depth, but sometimes you have only one available player for a certain position and even if he plays awful Ranieri can't replace him simply because we have no other option on the bench. Sometimes, like today, we didn't even have a single player to play in one particular position, because even our boy for every position, Salihamidzic, is injured for a long time already.

I can't believe you downplay the importance of these injuries. As Juve Red told you, imagine Inter without those players and without enough cover on the bench. With time, maybe they'd have found the chemistry and started winning, but for sure there would've been time when they would have lost points due to those injuries. Just look at them with 4-3-3 in CL, even at the start of serie A. It's not simple to change the team every next match, or to change the team so drastically as we were forced to do on many matches.

exactly!

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
one man army :melayyanandmessi:

no but i do agree without ibracamel up front they will struggle. hopefully cassano can do us a favor.
haha i meant for inter he is the only one that is capable of carrying the team. no one else on inter can pull a rabbit out of a hat like he can, thankfully cassano is in and ibra is out for the match:tup:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
At the end i want to say that i'm really satisfied how we did in this first part of the season. Even if we didn't have a single injury, 2nd place with only 3 pts behind the leaders was something none of us expected before the season started. Having all these injuries in mind, then our achievement is even greater.
We have the best defense in the league, ladies and gentlemen. The defense that was criticized all this time, conceded less goals in serie A and CL than any other team. We have the best defense in serie A and the best defense in Champions League.
We have the 2nd best attack. One goal less than Inter (damn Ibra and his last minute goal today).

We stand strong in the scudetto race, we won our CL group and it can't get worse than this with the injuries.

Thank you so much Juve for these lovely 5 months and continue even stronger in the next 5 months. I feel something big will happen in May, be it in Italy or Europe.

FORZA JUVE

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
The best defense in Europe is Man Utd's imo, for me theres no competition there. I would say Juve's defense is the best in Italy though.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
The best defense in Europe is Man Utd's imo, for me theres no competition there. I would say Juve's defense is the best in Italy though.
No, i was talking only in terms of conceded goals. Our defense, especially if you compare it name by name with some other defenses, is not even close to the top. But as a unit they were amazing. Still not as good as Europe's finest, but they did much much better than everyone expected from them.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
At the end i want to say that i'm really satisfied how we did in this first part of the season. Even if we didn't have a single injury, 2nd place with only 3 pts behind the leaders was something none of us expected before the season started. Having all these injuries in mind, then our achievement is even greater.
We have the best defense in the league, ladies and gentlemen. The defense that was criticized all this time, conceded less goals in serie A and CL than any other team. We have the best defense in serie A and the best defense in Champions League.
We have the 2nd best attack. One goal less than Inter (damn Ibra and his last minute goal today).

We stand strong in the scudetto race, we won our CL group and it can't get worse than this with the injuries.

Thank you so much Juve for these lovely 5 months and continue even stronger in the next 5 months. I feel something big will happen in May, be it in Italy or Europe.

FORZA JUVE
I am not trying to argue just for the sake of it. (theres a big of irony in my previous comments anyway), i was just very surprised the other day when i saw the poll for Trez and Buffon sell. The truth is that those two are part of the elite here, and i feel that we could look rather dumb if we sell them. I mean Manninger has done ok, but Buffon is the sh-t.

Then people are saying how we could reinforce the defence and buy new players etc etc. I aint too sure our management will make great deals with all that money. We have done some great deals, in Amauri and also Manninger, but the likes of Poulsen..... what have they added?

Thats why in all honesty i dont want to sell neither of those, and maybe instead sell a player here and there who i cant see have a long term future here, in our current situation (like Iaquinta, too many forward players).

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
No, i was talking only in terms of conceded goals. Our defense, especially if you compare it name by name with some other defenses, is not even close to the top. But as a unit they were amazing. Still not as good as Europe's finest, but they did much much better than everyone expected from them.
In that case i agree.

But just so you'd know, i wasn't comparing defenses name to name, i was talking about collective defending as a unit.

Comparing defenses name to name never works, i mean just look at Real Madrid, if we compare their defense to Juve's name to name, you'd notice Real should be better in all departments in defense, but in reality Juve have proven they have the much more superior defense.

pavelnedved

official nedved copy
Jul 15, 2006
I wanted to see formation we played in Coppa.

And when will Ranieri sub Nedved?I mean,how bad does it have to get?
at least 8 of our players were worse than nedved tonight. so why is this anti-molinaro virus now catching nedved too? both nedved and molinaro have played their poor games for juve, but today they were one of the best on the field. i love to read critical reports but sometimes i have the impression that they are written before the match is even played.

tonight marchionni annoyed me. we would have been much better off with either giovinco or de ceglie.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
We got a pt out of a difficult away game and managed to close the gap with Inter. Mission accomplished. What sucks is that we played for this result right from the beginning instead of going for a win.

Every1 in midfield was poor. See how deep ADP was dropping? It was further than usual. The only link our forwards had with the rest of the team was through Nedved and Marchionni, and they were both poor, again. I can't wait till Camo get's back, or until Ranieri finally get the sense to play Seba out on the left.

Surprisingly, our makeshift defence was the strongest area of the pitch.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
molinaro played a superb defensive game..
nedved was neither good nor bad but we need better when he plays at this level.
Marchionni is a disaster... we need someone to fill his shoes badly... camo is good but also not good enough we need 2 midfielders one to replace nedved and another to replace camo.
camo can be a good sub not a starter anymore...
marchionni should just leave or be a 2nd sub for times of crisis..

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
molinaro played a superb defensive game..
nedved was neither good nor bad but we need better when he plays at this level.
Marchionni is a disaster... we need someone to fill his shoes badly... camo is good but also not good enough we need 2 midfielders one to replace nedved and another to replace camo.
camo can be a good sub not a starter anymore...
marchionni should just leave or be a 2nd sub for times of crisis..
You started that post so well, but lost the plot about half way through.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)