[Serie A] Lazio 0-3 JUVENTUS (November 22nd 2014) (5 Viewers)

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
It's a lose lose situation for us with Morata. Turns out to be good Madrid just buy him back for a little more than than we got him for, turns out to be a flop (unlikely now) we are stuck with him.

We will be back to square one again when they buy him back and will have to look for a new striker.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
If he turns out good and they buy him back then we had a player who made a big contribution to our team... and we made a small profit for it. Not so lose lose. Kinda like getting paid to take a quality player on loan

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
It's a lose lose situation for us with Morata. Turns out to be good Madrid just buy him back for a little more than than we got him for, turns out to be a flop (unlikely now) we are stuck with him.

We will be back to square one again when they buy him back and will have to look for a new striker.
Except that we will have 35m cash injection if that happens.

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
how can people still come up with this lose-lose-crap :sergio:
"a little more"? like 50% more...
real will only buy him back if he does great here and i mean REALLY great.
they can´t buy him back next summer so if he doesn´t flop the worst case would be that he does great for two years and we sell him for 30m with a 10m gain. really horrible.

some are acting like marotta had to choose between getting morata for 20m with/without buyback-clause, which is obviously bullshit.
real had all the leverage, especially after we told them to forget about vidal and pogba.
i´m happy that we went for the striker we really wanted this time.

of course it will hurt to sell him for 30m if he turns out to be a tremendous striker worth 50m but if that happens it will be after 2 years full of goals and success at juventus.
in that case real would obviously gain more from it but
1) if we did the exact same thing people would ask why we are so stupid to pay 30m for our own player.
2) we would still benefit massively from it. if someone offerd me 10,000€ under the condition that someone else gets 20,000€ you can be damn sure that i´m accepting that offer as long as the other person isn´t one of the main retards of this forum ^^.

vaper

Aug 26, 2012

Does Morata have a say in the matter ?

Cause you'd imagine he would rather be the hero here rather than going to Madrid and being second fiddle.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Yeah it's up to him

Which is why if Madrid wanted him back it still depends under what circumstances he'd be returning.

To be their main striker I.E if they sold Benzema and wanted Morata back, it'd be a good indication they have faith in him

OR would he be asked to return the same Summer that they go ahead and sign somebody like Falcao. Knowing Madrid it would be the latter and if Morata wants to put his career as his number 1 priority he'd be wise to not return to Madrid only to get no game time, get ridiculed for not impressing in his odd sub app, only to find himself being pimped out to somebody like Sevilla a few years down the line when he's barely improved and still has limited experience.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
We should've really pushed for a higher buy back clause than 30m. Maybe we did and failed but it seems far too low given Morata's potential and progress so far. By the end of next season his value could easily be 30m (if he continues to develop and finds consistency) and Madrid can easily pay that. A 10m profit from that investment doesn't seem like good business to me.
What profit? That sum won't even cover his wages.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Wages aren't normally counted in any transfer speculation or rating of any fan.

It should be, but for example no one ever mentions Tevez' wages, or Llorentes. If you're going to apply it when talking about one player, you have to apply it to them all, otherwise it it gives a pretty biased account of reality.

If we're going to include wages, we'd have a great player playing and contributing for virtually no cost. Not bad either.

Tanu_Mz

Jan 5, 2014
apparently his shirt sales so far this season have more then covered this year salary, according to a friend of mine who works for Juve
Morata has a great following abroad, especially young females, she told me.
I know it sounds like I am kidding, but it's actually all true.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)