[Serie A] Lazio 0-2 JUVENTUS (April 15, 2013) (6 Viewers)

Man of the Match

• Vidal

• Barzagli

• Vucinic

• Lichtsteiner

• Marchisio

• Bonucci

Results are only viewable after voting.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Now, I wouldn't go overboard about the 3-5-1-1 system, as Lazio were missing half of their first choice team, but the extra man in midfield was interesting and would appear to be worthy of further consideration as an option against 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 opponents.
Wished we had given it a shot against Bayern in Munich. An extra man in the middle could have both made it harder for Bayern to win the midfield and freed Marchisio to lead our occasional attacks. Don't know how it would have worked with either of Quag/Matri though as neither is capable of doing what Vucinic did tonight who, in my opinion, was our best player.

Buy on AliExpress.com

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Wished we had given it a shot against Bayern in Munich. An extra man in the middle could have both made it harder for Bayern to win the midfield and freed Marchisio to lead our occasional attacks. Don't know how it would have worked with either of Quag/Matri though as neither is capable of doing what Vucinic did tonight who, in my opinion, was our best player.
after watching tonights game. theres no denying it you are one of us :p

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I didn't much like the idea of the 3-5-1-1 when it was being suggested Juve might use it in Munich, but I wasn't expecting Juve's strikers to contribute absolutely nothing.

No system was really going to work for Juve without Vucinic, but they could at least have made it so that they were playing with ten men instead of nine.

Vucinic was very good tonight.

Vain

Apr 16, 2013
Serie A Juventus starting: Wu Qi PK Klose】 (Italian local time 15 days 20 hours 45 minutes), Serie 32 the last game of the competition, Juventus against Lazio.The Pei Lusuo replace the injured Chiellini. Conti discharge 6 midfielder Marchisio forward position, Vucinic single arrow

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Serie A Juventus starting: Wu Qi PK Klose】 (Italian local time 15 days 20 hours 45 minutes), Serie 32 the last game of the competition, Juventus against Lazio.The Pei Lusuo replace the injured Chiellini. Conti discharge 6 midfielder Marchisio forward position, Vucinic single arrow
Random post is random

Dec 24, 2012
+rep

On a serious note, Vucinic was very good tonight. Not MOTM (that has to go to Vidal), but he was pretty great. Reminded me of the Vucinic I once upon a time hoped we'd sign when I watched him tear up defenses at Roma.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
That's what I've been saying even before Bayern's 1st leg kick off.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
I didn't watch the game. But in hindsight using a 6 man midfield would have made sense away to Bayern. When your strikers are not your strong point perhaps they should be de-emphasized.

I remember Milan doing so well in Europe when they used the Christmas Tree formation with Pirlo in it (4321). Perhaps something we can think about in the summer.

It was refreshing to see Conte try something DIFFERENT.

Mar 9, 2006
Speaking of Bayern and 3-6-1 - the most vital player for Bayern is Schweini, so to play good against Munich side your forwards/midfielders should press him anytime when he has the ball, Bayern is absolutely dreadful when Bastian is not playing or playing bad, for example look at the first 15 minutes at our home game against them, while Bastian was bad their whole squad were bad too, but Vucinic/Matri/Quagliarella can't press the opponent players like Mandzukic did against Pirlo, so with 361 we had much better chance to press their central zone, especially if Marchisio or Pogba would be engaged in personal marking of Bastian

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)