[SERIE A] JUVENTUS vs Torino (10/25/08) (1 Viewer)

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
Diana started to cause a little bit of a problem down that right flank, so bringing in giovinco forced him back. Diana had to respect gio's offensive talent so he couldn't push forward as much as he wanted to. Raneri knew gio would take advantage of that space behind diana if he did decide to push forward. It was a positive substitution. Something he is not known for.

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
I'm very pleased with this win. We have a whole list of injured players and we had a very tough game mid week. The team did its best and got us 3 points.

No need to criticize and complain.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
congratulations Juve, Amauri...and the defence for not concieding goals. I didnt seen the match but i was 90mins on livescore from mob :(...

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
good move to replace Gio with a defensive player. Even if it wasn't a popular decision it worked. What we need to face is that we have to make sacrifices to strengthen our defense because its got very little going for it, and i'm glad that Ranieri already has.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Still, the logical thing to do would be start Giovinco.

If Ranieri is so goddamn scared of playing Giovinco from the start, why the fuck would he put him in when we were trying to defend the lead?

It makes no sense whatsoever.
I think it was between gio and ekdal as brazzo got injured.

Anyway it was a good win, nothing spectacular. This was a more interesting derby especially in the first half and the beginning of the second as it had more intensity and tough challenges.

I thought we played a good first half but a typical second. There was promise in the first half with good interplay between the midfield and forward players and i liked how we started very strongly. 2nd half after the goal it was just preserving the result without any counter attacks.

Also just i expected we couldn't maintain meaningful possession as we don't have the personnel in the midfield.

I hope we can at least score more than 1 in the bologna game.

juventusi

Jul 22, 2002
The team showed once more that they play with more enthusiasm than brain and this is ranieri fault.
time will come soon that physical fatigue will overcome physical will and then with no brain, juve will suffer

i mean if they play against real next week just like they played last night then
a 6-1 might not be a remote possibility

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
While the result is most important, I'm still not altogether satisfied. A second goal would have been nice, so that I wasn't sweating the win up until the bitter end. A moment of brilliance by Amauri (helped by some shaky goalkeeping), otherwise we'd have drawn again, or maybe worse.

Juventus must be deep enough to play every three days... Injuries are obviously a huge issue right now, but that's life. Quite frankly, our strikers had not gotten great service for a ridiculously long time, our fullbacks are completely unconvincing, and I am not particularly comfortable with Mellberg playing very many minutes anywhere. As long as Chiellini and Legro are healthy, we're ok in the middle... but you absolutely cannot count on that. January needs to be a month of quality transactions, both buying and selling. We need to start the process of selling off anyone who is questionable as a backup, and isn't one of our promising youths.

Tiago, Marchionni, first and then the excess fullback(s) once their replacements are secured. We currently have one potential future left back (DC) and 3 back up fullbacks filling our ranks. So we basically have 4 back up fullbacks filling our ranks right now. DC should definitely be starting, given our current personnel.

It's also abundantly clear that a long term plan of playing Seba wide on the left of a 4-4-2 is pretty ridiculous. Hopefully our management knew this all of the times they were claiming that he was Pavel's replacement... because in this 4-4-2 formation, at least for my money, he just doesn't fit the bill. He needs to be in an advanced position. Personally, I like Seba up front on the left of a 4-3-3 (like with the U-21), where he can use his speed, but also has the freedom to cut into the middle/underneath the other strikers, and feed them those pinpoint passes. This kid's touch passes around the box are unreal.

On a positive note, I liked that Ranieri didn't sit on the lead today and introduced attacking players as the game went on. I didn't like DC as a midfielder, and I do think that he should be starting instead of Molinaro (who was pretty decent today, actually), at LB.

Our management needs all the information and help they can get, to make solid, informed decisions in January - we need some continuity. We should probably start by grabbing the best available defender. Basically all positions need upgrading, and we have got to start purchasing some proven commodities... which will almost certainly mean serious dollars being spent in January and the Summer.

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
have a few points on the game:

1.this match was waon by Amauri and not Ranieri .

2. i don't like to give any praise to ranieri on this game, nothing personal but he didn't choose the starting 11 , lets me put them as the "AVAILABLE 11"

3.IQ is not ready yet, he is off-form, needs more time.

4.I have to disagree with u guys on Mellberg, he is a really awful RB. too slow for a fullback and the throw-in oh my god that was awful.

5. Legro is really underrated.

6. we should use some of the primavera in some game becuase obviously we are cursed with injuries

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)