Serie A: Juventus vs Siena [Dec 23 2007] (2 Viewers)

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
It sucks, Kaka was denied a CLEAR penalty in the first half..

But damn, Kaka is freaking talented. The way Kaka played with Samuel till he got injured was something else.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
what a brilliant player that Tiago is....

all he was missing after he threw the left hook was a straight right hand ala Joe Calzaghe

lucky for us, he wasnt red carded.....but what a stupid fucking thing to do

OP
CORVETTE

CORVETTE

Malato di Juve , , 29
Oct 13, 2005
  • Thread Starter #333
    what a brilliant player that Tiago is....

all he was missing after he threw the left hook was a straight right hand ala Joe Calzaghe

lucky for us, he wasnt red carded.....but what a stupid fucking thing to do
    Inded , that's not a smart thing for a player who playes his third start in the season .

Btw I must say he has a great touch on the ball , nice passes and good long balls .

after his assist for Trezeguet , now he has more than 3 assists and he isn't even a starter .

May 22, 2007
    As soon as I saw the formation that Ranieri chose, I thought win. That is the first time in at least 2 months he has started with something other than 4-4-2 and it was a good choice. Notice, the dis-likers Ranieri are hidden this time round.

I think that we had a slow start, they seemed to match a lot of the crosses we put in but we could have scored before our first goal. For that goal, Trezeguet WAS OFFSIDE. We are lucky that it counted, but there is no hiding that he was offside. We seemed to speed up after the goal, and looked better going forward.

The second goal was well worked by Tiago. He placed Trezeguet clean through and the Frenchman matched the pass by doubling our lead. Its all I needed.

Tiago is lucky he didn't get sent off, and ran on a thin wire for a lot of the game.

I didn't like the way we sat back and let them have oppurtunities to score. In that time though, Legro proved why he deserved man of the match. He is securing his place in the team for a long time now, and that Azzurri call might just come. Molinaro wasn't as awful as he has been, which is great to see. Salihamidzic played well also, you couldn't have asked for more then what he did.

Nocerino and Zanetti were ok, nothing spectacular. Del Piero held the ball up well, spread the play and opened up their defense nicely on occasions. Nedved looks youthful, nothing like 2 months ago. Chiellini is a bloodbath. Almiron can offer so much more than what we saw against Empoli.

I am happy that we won, and end 2007 on a high. Now for an important winter break, in which we should keep all our players healthy and fit.

Oh, one more thing. I am dissapointed Boumsong didn't get to play 3 minutes at least.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
    I wasn't that impressed by Tiago today. Sure he has knack for getting assists, but he was unable to impose himself and he's an imbecile for that punch.

I was surprised by Almiron, he looked good with the few touches he got.

ReBeL

The Jackal
    Jan 14, 2005
    Ranieri: We won't give in

Claudio Ranieri admits his optimism on Juventus’ Scudetto chances is waning, while Mario Beretta praised Siena despite their defeat.

“We are aiming for the Scudetto and I have been saying that since pre-season training,” reiterated Ranieri after the 2-0 victory over Siena.

“However, I also said that only Inter can throw this title away and I don’t think it’s going to happen.”

The Nerazzurri’s 2-1 win against rivals Milan crowned them Winter Champions two rounds early and maintained the seven-point lead going into the Christmas break.

Juve and Roma stopped the gap opening up any further by winning this weekend, but it looks increasingly as if they’ll be fighting it out for second place.

“We had a difficult game because Siena are well organised and try to put the ball into the box as soon as possible. My players were patient and worked hard, so I am happy with the performance.”

Tiago Mendes had a rare start in midfield and Sergio Almiron came on as a substitute, two players who have said they might want to move on in January.

“It felt right to play Tiago today, who had an excellent game even if he doesn’t have 90 minutes in his legs. I also wanted to reintroduce Almiron, who has great quality and I await his return to form with open arms,” continued Ranieri.

“Slowly everyone is settling in and doing their bit. If someone wants to leave then I cannot hold them back, but the squad is united and I am not throwing anybody out.”

Siena fell 2-0 in Turin and go into the Christmas break in the bottom three, but boss Beretta is not disappointed.

“Juve got off to a very strong start and we tried to respond. We could have been a little more aggressive in certain occasions, but we also had a goal rather debatably disallowed. The lads did everything they could and we had some good chances.”

The Tuscans even hit the woodwork late on, but could not stage a comeback at the Stadio Olimpico.

“We have to continue along this path. We were organised today and could not have done more.”

Channel 4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)