[SERIE A] JUVENTUS vs Roma (11/01/08) (20 Viewers)

Man of the Match

• Molinaro

• Tiago

• Del Piero

• Legro

• Nedved

Results are only viewable after voting.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Two words: cake walk.

OK, maybe not exactly. But there have been few games this season where Juve so dominated all the action with a lead like this. Sure, there were scary moments midway through the first half. But that was the exception.

Although the mother wolves of Roma look toothless these days, Juve played well. And continued to play well with the lead. The second half was just clinically dominant. The only major downside being that we didn't put more goals in for all we were able to do on them.

By rights, Juve gave Roma a massive wedgie in this one. Poor Spaletti, but tough :pado:. Them's the breaks.

Manninger - 6 - Pretty solid, although he wasn't tested much. Maybe with Totti in there he would have, but... definite praise to the backline on this one.

Grygera - 6 - Not great, but definitely not bad. Seemed pretty focused and controlled his area. Flailed a bit offensively.

Chiellini - 7 - Solid as a rock. Spent a lot of time in the first half rolling around with his ass on the ground, but it won us a lot of balls.

Legrottaglie - 7 - Equally solid. Some good interventions on long balls and when things got scary.

Molinaro - 7 - Was this the same Molinaro I'm often making fun of? He was brilliant today. I would have to say today was the best performance I've ever seen from him on both the offensive and defensive end of the pitch. Defensively he cleared a lot of balls, intervened in a few dangerous situations perfectly. And offensively, he triggered the run of play that led to our second goal. And moments later he laid in a beautiful cross that Amauri headed that just missed. A complete player today, and my honest-to-God runner up for MOM. :shocked:

Marchionni - 6.5 - He's still too slow. And he flops around with the ball a bit too much. But some good passing, and definitely some great heads-up play to find seams and drive to the net (as in our second goal).

Tiago - 6 - A good game. Not exceptional, but pretty good. I admit to liking him on the pitch for us lately. I think he's bringing something I never would have expected at the start of the season.

Sissoko - 6.5 - A wayward pass here and there as usual, and an off-target desperate deep shot here and there. But he destroyed. Some good aggressiveness to intervene and shut down what little midfield control Roma tried to get. No wonder they stuck to playing on the wings and only went to the middle on the deep ball.

Nedved - 6.5 - Great movement and flow. How old is this guy again? He didn't look tired at all!

Amauri - 6.5 - Just unlucky that Doni managed some great saves on him. Also some great contributions to distribute the ball. Very, very important player.

Del Piero - 7 - Game mastery. He was the difference in the first half. The free kick was sublime -- and he has been making those spectacular kicks seem pedestrian. Holy crap. And then the assist for the second goal? Gotta give the captain the MOM on this one.

Subs:

Iaquinta - 5.5 - Runs and runs, but offside too often. Didn't seem aware enough of his teammates. Didn't pull down and control balls on real open opportunities the way that Amauri was doing.

De Ceglie - 5.5 - Not too shabby, but I am expecting better from him. A little sloppy on the wings when trying to control possession. His junior status shows a bit too much on the pitch still.

Mellberg - 6 - Didn't have much of an impact on the game other than getting clobbered and stopping the clock.

Coach:

Ranieri - 6.5 - The team came out aggressive from the first minute. And despite some occasional sloppy play, the backline was organized. And while up 2-0, we didn't back down and try to suppress everything... a good offense really made the best defense today. I only wish we could have scored more.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Excellent game!! :) Forza Juve..

What a goal by Del Piero...

Ratings:

Manninger: Not tested but was alert. 6.5
Grygera: very solid, pushed forward alot and was really helping the midfield 7
Legrotellie: Absolutely SOLID. One of the best italian CBs in todays football 8
Chiellini: Good performance, some small mistakes which Legro has to fix otherwise solid.. 7
Molinaro: Very good performance. A couple of nice crosses (which is a HUGE improvement). Few mistakes but the rest of the team were awake enough. 6
Marcchionni: Well done. was involved and scored a very nice goal from a beautiful pass from Alex. 7.5
Sissoko: Did some awful passes but as beast in the midfield 6.5
Tiago: IMPRESSIVE. He proved me wrong tonight and played like a man (for the first time). Was available for everyone in the midfield to help and delivered a number of beautiful passes to the forward. 7.5
Nedved: Legend 7.5
Amauri: Tried a lot. Came close few times but was unlucky. 7
Del Piero: No comments 8

Subs:
Iaquinta: Forgot how the ball needs to be touched. Severely lacking match fitness 5.5
De Cegli: Tried to be involved in the short period he played. Created a couple of chances 6.5
Melberg: No mistakes 6.

Ranieri: Very good match management 7.5

Forza Juve :)

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Manninger 5.5 Nervy
Grygera 6 Busy
Legrottaglie 6.5 Instructive
Chiellini 6.5 Solid
Molinaro 7+ Infallible
Marchionni 6.5 Improving
Tiago 7 Controlled
Sissoko 6.5 Balancing
Nedved 6.5 Uncomprimising
Del Piero 7.5 Magical
Amauri 6 Combative
5.5 is a bit harsh for Maninger IMO. I also would rate Amauri higher. He stopped every long ball with his chest, participated in defense and did everything he had to do. He reminds me of Zlatan. The only difference is that he is a TEAM player.

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
Excellent game!! :) Forza Juve..

What a goal by Del Piero...

Ratings:

Manninger: Not tested but was alert. 6.5
Grygera: very solid, pushed forward alot and was really helping the midfield 7
Legrotellie: Absolutely SOLID. One of the best italian CBs in todays football 8
Chiellini: Good performance, some small mistakes which Legro has to fix otherwise solid.. 7
Molinaro: Very good performance. A couple of nice crosses (which is a HUGE improvement). Few mistakes but the rest of the team were awake enough. 6
Marcchionni: Well done. was involved and scored a very nice goal from a beautiful pass from Alex. 7.5
Sissoko: Did some awful passes but as beast in the midfield 6.5
Tiago: IMPRESSIVE. He proved me wrong tonight and played like a man (for the first time). Was available for everyone in the midfield to help and delivered a number of beautiful passes to the forward. 7.5
Nedved: Legend 7.5
Amauri: Tried a lot. Came close few times but was unlucky. 7
Del Piero: No comments 8

Subs:
Iaquinta: Forgot how the ball needs to be touched. Severely lacking match fitness 5.5
De Cegli: Tried to be involved in the short period he played. Created a couple of chances 6.5
Melberg: No mistakes 6.

Ranieri: Very good match management 7.5

Forza Juve :)

Tiago did well against bologna also.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
5.5 is a bit harsh for Maninger IMO. I also would rate Amauri higher. He stopped every long ball with his chest, participated in defense and did everything he had to do. He reminds me of Zlatan. The only difference is that he is a TEAM player.
Manninger makes me feel unsafe. He's a nervous wreck in his goal and so jumpy. I can imagine defenders getting a headache from his shouting and that expression alone. He was stuck to his goalline a lot, where had to give defenders support. He got the evil-eye from Legrottaglie more than once.

Amauri put in a good performance, but was unlucky in not having a decisive contribution. A sufficient valutation, in other words; a six, seems fair to me.

You agree with the rest ?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Great match, well played apart from some defensive errors in the first half. The second half was EXACTLY what I wanted the team to do, which was keep possession and slow the match down a little, thus protecting against a Roma come back while threatening them offensively. For a change, we actually played to our strengths by using the wings to torture Roma, who were by the way incredibly poor defensively, so we were successful at using the flanks to work our way around De Rossi and their fullbacks. And to top it off, we played a direct style in the first 60 minutes where we looked for the outlet passes quickly, attacked with speed and power, which is EXACTLY what we need to do running this straight 4-4-2 system.

Overall, great job by the players today and Ranieri for seemingly inspiring them, although I don't think they need to be inspired when we play Roma. WE ARE JUVENTUS FOR FUCK'S SAKE! FORZA JUVE!

Manninger - Solid as usual. 6.5

Grygera - Weird defending in the first half but nice runs in the second. 6

Legrottaglie - Solid stuff. Impressive again. 6.5

Chiellini - Committed a couple awkward mistakes in the first but was pretty solid throughout. 6.5

Molinaro - Didn't commit many mistakes and made good crosses for a chance. THANK YOU! That's what we ask. 6

Marchionni - Funny player. He doesn't do much for 300 some minutes, but then does a great job to keep him on the team sheet. Good stuff I suppose. 6

Sissoko - His passing is just terrible, it must be said. Too many give aways in midfield for my liking. 5.5

Tiago - This is the Tiago I know. Nothing flashy, just solid passing and getting the job done, getting the ball to the people who should have it. I also think that he was part of the reason why we were direct and quick on the counter-attack, simply by how he knows where to play the ball before he gets it. Good stuff by the much maligned midfielder. 6.5

Nedved - Solid match. 6.5

Amauri - Menacing player that you just have to love. Owned Mr. Butthole a few times on the left. 6.5

Del Piero - Magician. David Copperfield move over. 7.5

Mellberg - Did fine. 6

Iaquinta - Didn't see much of the ball.

De Ceglie - Ran hard.

Team as a whole - 8

Jeremy Menez - YOU'RE PLAYING FOR THE WRONG TEAM, RAB!

Great win guys. Lets CELEBRATE!

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
That guy Menez isn't really bad at all. He's got some good talent..
Errr. Most of what I saw was him standing with his hands on his hips and a stupefied look on his face.

Maybe he wasn't getting enough love from his teammates, but I thought he was totally non-threatening in this match.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Dominic, I was about to change my avatar to a Roma player and please you but unfortunately if that's the case it'll have to be Doni. So I pass.

Il Capitano will make a return :malt:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Performance of the season.... :pint:

:flag:
Indeed. Our best performance.

congrats peeps!!

i noticed something, azzurri7 looks like menez :)
Only thing is that I'm Juventino eh:D?

Milan - Napoli, Forza X
Siena - Fiorentina, Forza Siena
Udinese - Genoa, Forza Genoa
100%

Ibrahimovic never defended the way Amauri is doing, never worked really hard, never ran. There's a big difference between the two.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)