[SERIE A] JUVENTUS vs Roma (11/01/08) (3 Viewers)

Man of the Match

• Molinaro

• Tiago

• Del Piero

• Legro

• Nedved

Results are only viewable after voting.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Thats awesome, that means in terms of starters, only Gigi, Trez and Zanetti will be missing (Or Zebina too if you will).

Geof

May 14, 2004
IMO Roma match is more important than Madrid away. We need to stay close to the top teams in Serie A, while we're pretty well sorted in CL and should be able to kill it off v Zenith and BATE. I wouldn't rest any player whatsoever.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I think if we win this game, we are back into the scudetto race.
I don't really follow your logic here, though. It would be week 10 of a 38-game season, and we hadn't even faced Inter, Milan, or Lazio -- big teams whom are doing well, unlike Roma -- once yet. :confused2

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I don't really follow your logic here, though. It would be week 10 of a 38-game season, and we hadn't even faced Inter, Milan, or Lazio -- big teams whom are doing well, unlike Roma -- once yet. :confused2
Also, what if we win, and both Milan and Inter win ?
Is it better than a draw on Juve-Roma, with Milan and Inter both losing ?

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
ekdal does play the first time balls very often, so he keeps the flow of the game going. that also means he has a good vision, because he knows where he is going to play the ball even before he gets it.

tiago is another case ... he receives the ball and "dribbles" a few metres and waits for someone to make a run ... i am still not comfortable seeing him in our midfield, because for someone who is supposed to make our play he is way to passive. i mean you can see that he is upset sometimes when he does not get the ball in midfield, but a real playmaker would just come so close to the player that has the ball, that he must give it to him...

but i guess we should be happy that he was not a completely disaster this time and hope someone saw this game and wants to buy him

were u even watchin the game? cudn't have been bologna-juve on the 28th Oct 2008 :disagree:

how much closer to the ball did u want tiago to go? every time the ball was in the midfield he was no further than 7-10 yards away from the player with the ball lookin for it :confused:

and all play makers get upset when they don't have the ball, b/c playmakers always want the ball!!!!!! that means then that DP isn't angry when he doesn't get the ball, he just shouts at other ppl & gives them dirty looks cuz he's happy he didn't get it

Mar 30, 2006
Marceℓℓo;1787314 said:
:analcanon:

______________Manninger

Mellberg - Legrottaglie - Chiellini - Molinaro

______
Camoranesi - Sissoko - Tiago

_______Del Piero - Amauri - Giovinco

BTW Corriere dello Sport says that DP&Legro will return surely,while Grygera and Salihamidzic might be ready aswell.
makes total sense to drop Nedved.. :shifty:

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
we're looking to beat Roma, and will be happy with a point in Madrid...so which game would Nedved be more important?

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
it would be foolish to let nedved on the bench ... the main reason is his excellent form from the last game(s) we need in the roma game. i saw 4-3-3 formations but ranieri will play 90% with 4-2-2 so we can put nedved along tiago sissoko and camo at midfield.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
were u even watchin the game?
yes, i did watch exactly that match on bet365, thanks
how much closer to the ball did u want tiago to go? every time the ball was in the midfield he was no further than 7-10 yards away from the player with the ball lookin for it :confused:
it is not enough to just be in the range of 10 yards to the player that got the ball.

there is something called "making a run" (don't know the correct english term here), but you also have to make sure that your mate can pass the ball to you. that is not the case when your jogging with 5 mph and one metre two the side there is someone who marks you.

tiago did not once make a sprint to make himself available in midfield... all he does is have a walk in the park and hope that no one will mark him.
this happened a few times due to bolognas terrible players ... some scenes were they were even not able to make a pass of 5 meters reminded me of some of the worst amateur football i see, when i go watch the local football teams here.

sorry, but the way tiago moves i could easily mark him while jumping backwards on one leg. he is not really dynamic in his moves.

and all play makers get upset when they don't have the ball, b/c playmakers always want the ball!!!!!! that means then that DP isn't angry when he doesn't get the ball, he just shouts at other ppl & gives them dirty looks cuz he's happy he didn't get it
there is nothing wrong with wanting the ball ... but if you don't do enough for it, than you can't blame the others... you gotta make it more easy for them to pass to you, than to pass to another one ...

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I think the role assigned to Tiago was to sit back in MF and let Sissoko do the running...Momo's other partners this season i.e. Poulsen and Marchisio have also done that this season...Marchionni Nedved and Momo were the ones trying to make runs into the opposition's penalty box

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
I think the role assigned to Tiago was to sit back in MF and let Sissoko do the running...Momo's other partners this season i.e. Poulsen and Marchisio have also done that this season...Marchionni Nedved and Momo were the ones trying to make runs into the opposition's penalty box
you got me wrong... i don't want him to make runs into the box ... i want him to make short sprints to get off his man (marker) to be available to receive a pass.

if it was really a tactic that momo has to do the running and the other cm/dm is only responsible to wait for momo to give the ball to him, than i don't know if we do missuse or exploit momo here .. without decent support in closing the enemy down will only lead to a tired sissoko (sooner or later) so we wont have him available for all games, when we play every 3 days...

btw i think poulsen does a lot of running and does not only sit and let sissoko do the work

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)