Serie A: Juventus vs Parma [April 16 , 2008] (1 Viewer)

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
Game was so strange for me.Like Parma didn`t even wanted to play or we really owned them.Formation at the start was solid I guess and subs were ok since it was good to rest some our players for next match this weekend against Atalanta.

I`m happy with result even though I expected this one to be kinda hard since they are struggling to rest in Serie A and they need points badly.And of course,they have some players that we want.

Stendardo showed yet again solid performances but I still don`t think we should buy him considering his price.I`d rather bring someone better like Zapata or if we don`t have money there`s always Ujfalusi who`s contract expiring this summer.
Camo played great in middle and now I`m starting to think we should buy some AMR and keep Mauro there next to Sissoko. :cool: He is good at tackling and he has very good creativity.I prefer keeping him there next season rather then buying Flamini or Lampard.I`d bring him back to right only if we buy Diego or van der Vaart but I doubt it will happen.

Palladino was good and few times he showed some great moves but it`s sad he shows it only against weak clubs.When we play against someone better he chokes like he`s scared.
Yet again he plays pretty good for Italy.Ranieri should try to find him some role and make him a better player.It`s bullshit he`s good only material for weaker teams.I bet he`d play much better under some other coach.Now,don`t tell Ranieri tried him everywhere.
He is young and has potential to be good player but the rest is up to club and mostly up to coach.

Forza Juve!
In bold, i thought the same...i could not understand...In first 15 minutes, i said,
it will be draw, sold game to save their axxx, but anyway..

re Paladino, yes he had moves, but he missed timing quite few times to pass ball , and few players especially Trez felt bit upset about it..
I don't think he can get much better, but i would not sell him or Nocerino..
It would be the best to loan him next season to give him chance to play and than to decide..

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I don't know if you noticed, but Parma played with what is more or less their second line-up.
Before the match Cuper said that he'll give a rest to the players who aren't more than 80% fit. Coincidently, his best players were the ones who weren't fit.
That's what was officially said, but unofficially Cuper was aware that his team can't look for points in Turin so he decided to keep the strenghts for the 2 following matches where Parma actually has a chance to win something.
The match they play in Parma against Napoli this weekend and then the away trip to Calabria where they play a direct duel with their fellow relegation strugglers Reggina.

That's why yesterday Cuper's main striking duo (Budan-Lucarelli) didn't play, that's why their most creative midfielder Cigarini played only 2 minutes, that's why Parma's best player this season, Gasbarroni, played only some 30 minutes. They also had Paci suspended.

So, Parma played without 5 of their regulars, and these 5 were actually their best players, while the others who played had the match against Napoli on their minds.
This explains why did Parma play the way they played.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I don't know if you noticed, but Parma played with what is more or less their second line-up.
Before the match Cuper said that he'll give a rest to the players who aren't more than 80% fit. Coincidently, his best players were the ones who weren't fit.
That's what was officially said, but unofficially Cuper was aware that his team can't look for points in Turin so he decided to keep the strenghts for the 2 following matches where Parma actually has a chance to win something.
The match they play in Parma against Napoli this weekend and then the away trip to Calabria where they play a direct duel with their fellow relegation strugglers Reggina.

That's why yesterday Cuper's main striking duo (Budan-Lucarelli) didn't play, that's why their most creative midfielder Cigarini played only 2 minutes, that's why Parma's best player this season, Gasbarroni, played only some 30 minutes. They also had Paci suspended.

So, Parma played without 5 of their regulars, and these 5 were actually their best players, while the others who played had the match against Napoli on their minds.
This explains why did Parma play the way they played.
i dont think this is smart, they should battle it out in every match there is no time for resting players in their situation. in every game they should play for points.

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
:agree:

very stupid of cuper, a relegation threatened team doesn't rest 1 week because they think they have no hope against us.

they should play every game determined for points with a full squad.
I'm not complaining that they didn't try against us. :D I just want them to stay up because I like them, and doing this is getting them no where.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
The midfield were looking very comfortable. Even in possesion, as there was no one like Sissoko to throw away the ball :)
Are you joking or what? Sissoko is brilliant since he came to Juve, the best and most consistant player for us together with Camoranesi and Del Piero. Please don't tell me you are one of those who still claim he can't pass or control the ball and beacuse of that he is no good as that people can soap it and sell their "expert judging of a player" somewhere else.

Jun 13, 2007
I agree with Ikonihosa , Sissoko is one of our most important players . He was the protagonist in all of our games against the big teams and has been one of our best players by far . Just because our midfield did well against a dead Parma ( second squad ) side doesn't mean our midfield without Sissoko is good enough .

You either don't know what you're talking about or you haven't seen Momo play yet and choose to judge him regardless .

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #533
    Apr 16, 2008
    Ikoninhosa and Juve Revolution, I realize I don't agree with most Juventini on the matter of Sissoko. I do however see his strengths and I clearly see how he would have a great deal of importance against the big clubs and against European teams. However, I don't reckon he's good enough when Juve are to be in charge of games, like yesterday.

In my opinion, Nocerino is better at technical and tactical play.

And please, even if I'm fairly fresh at this forum, I've followed Juve for many years, and I can assess players on my own. I don't appreciate that kind of condescending tone.

:)

Mar 6, 2005
    Ikoninhosa and Juve Revolution, I realize I don't agree with most Juventini on the matter of Sissoko. I do however see his strengths and I clearly see how he would have a great deal of importance against the big clubs and against European teams. However, I don't reckon he's good enough when Juve are to be in charge of games, like yesterday.
    Except when he on his own pegs an entire team back into their own half and starts attacks and counter attacks, of course.. :rolleyes:

In my opinion, Nocerino is better at technical and tactical play.
    Well, that's your opinion, but I think you'll find very, very few who would agree with you, myself included.

Jun 13, 2007

In my opinion, Nocerino is better at technical and tactical .

And please, even if I'm fairly fresh at this forum, I've followed Juve for many years, and I can assess players on my own. I don't appreciate that kind of condescending tone.

:)
    I respect your opinion and you have every right to have one , but it's a little strange to me that you consider Nocerino better than Momo at any level . I also disagree that Momo is bad at holding possesion as he is the one who wins us the ball most of the time and his passing is not bad at all .

The reason Momo doesn't hold his position in th defensive midfield is because he is much quicker and more skillful and therefore is able to help the team a lot going forward while Nocerino can create very little going forward .

I'm no bashing Nocerino as I think he is a good player that fights tirelessly but to me , Momo's better than him by miles .

rvi

l'amour toujours
    Apr 5, 2007
    Couto pays for punch
    Thursday 17 April, 2008

Parma defender Fernando Couto is facing a lengthy spell on the sidelines after punching Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini yesterday.

The fiery Portuguese stopper was dismissed for dissent in the dying stages in Turin and received a one-game ban.

However, he also threw a punch at Chiellini during first-half stoppage time, which went unseen by the referee but has been picked up on video by the Disciplinary Commission.

Couto, who is notoriously ill disciplined, has been suspended for an additional three games and will play very little part in Parma’s relegation dogfight.

The Gialloblu have additional disciplinary woes after striker Reginaldo exceeded his quota of bookings and will be missing for one match.

Catania’s Jorge Martinez and Giacomo Tedesco will miss the Coppa Italia semi-final second leg against Roma after bookings last night. Philippe Mexes will also miss out and Maniche won’t be available for Inter against Lazio on May 7.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)