[Serie A] Juventus vs Palermo (9 Viewers)

JUVE1897

Sep 24, 2004
Serie A Previews And Predictions: Round 4

Juventus-Palermo

The bianconeri are on a roll with no goals conceded and the best attack in Serie A along with Lecce. Capello has created a tight group which at this point of time is able to achieve results with the minimal difficulty. This time they will face Palermo, a side that has not lost a match yet and even held Inter at San Siro last Saturday. The rosanero know that this will be a very tough game and a point would be worth gold as it would boost their confidence for the upcoming games. Still, Juventus are in a great form right now and will want to win all the points available in order to maintain their lead at the top and win their 4th Serie A match in a row.

Prediction: 1 juve win

Buy on AliExpress.com

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Amr ] ++
it will be an easy 3-0 win for Juve,,trez scoring 2 goals unleast
I don't think that it's going to be easy at all, Palermo still has pretty good team... :undecide:

I wonder what Gasbarroni can do against us...

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
I predict a flat 2:0 win, because Toni is out at Palermo and we have the best defense in Serie A. Hoping to see Olivera and Zlatan from the beginning, and hopefully Zlatan will also score!

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Erkka ] ++

I don't think that it's going to be easy at all, Palermo still has pretty good team... :undecide:

I wonder what Gasbarroni can do against us...

I think Gasbarroni will be Nedved's succesor in 1 or 2 years. Excluding the possibilty of Moggi buying a ('big' name) succesor that is.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Very tough game,still i think we must win.

Hope we continue to do the results we need and love.:cool:

Forza Juve!

JUVE1897

Sep 24, 2004
Serie A Preview: Juventus-Palermo
9/24/2004 3:16:00 PM
Juventus entertain Palermo on Saturday as the newly promoted Sicilian outfit face the daunting task of ending their opponents 100% record this season. With both teams unbeaten this term something has to go give at the Stadio Delle Alpi
BACKGROUND

Both teams have enjoyed impressive starts to the Serie A season, with the early pace setters in the league showing particularly impressive form. Juventus should face a stern test against the Sicilian side that has already proved it can match the league’s big guns.

In their last outing in Serie A, Juventus brushed aside a battling Sampdoria side with a comfortable 3-0 win at the Stadio Luigi Ferraris. Whilst not spectacular in the early part of the season, Fabio Capello’s side have been solid in midfield, purposeful in attack and miserly in defence. For a team that seemed to collapse defensively last season, the fact that the bianconeri have yet to concede seems all the more impressive.

After impressing at the San Siro in a 1-1 draw with Mancini’s Inter, Palermo were unlucky not to pick up all three points against fellow new boys Fiorentina. The Sicilians dominated the game and were left scratching their heads after they were unable to break the deadlock against a lacklustre Fiorentina. The hosts were repeatedly frustrated by opposition goalkeeper Cristiano Lupatelli, who made crucial saves from Luca Toni and denied Eugenio Corini from the spot.

TEAM NEWS

Juventus:

After a good start to the title campaign, Capello looks set to make few changes to his starting line-up. With the defence to remain the same, Ibrahimovic may start in place of Alessandro Del Piero, after the Swede came on to score against Sampdoria during the week.

Palermo:

A last minute thigh injury to Toni will deprive the strong striker from playing in Turin with Farias being his most likely replacement. On loan Juventus winger Andrea Gasbarroni is pushing for a starting place against the team that currently owns him. The exciting prospect will be keen to impress against Juventus, following the likes of Fabrizio Miccoli who scored against the Turin side whilst on loan with Perugia.

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Juventus:

With so many champions at his disposal, Capello is the envy of most managers in Serie A. Against Palermo the key man will once again be Fabio Cannavaro, who has been in sensational form since joining the Turin side. Reunited with his Parma teammates Buffon and Thuram, the former Inter ace has put last season’s indifferent form behind him.

Palermo:

With Toni out of the picture due to the last-minute injury, Zauli will have the weight of the team on his shoulders as he, along with Corini, will try to guide Palermo to a historic result against the Old Lady.

PROBABLE STARTING XIs

Juventus (4-4-2):
Buffon; Zebina, Thuram, F.Cannavaro, Zambrotta; Camoranesi, Blasi, Emerson, Nedved; Ibrahimovic (Del Piero), Trezeguet.

Palermo (4-2-3-1):
Guardalben; Zaccardo, Accardi, Barzagli, Grosso; Corini, Barone; Santana, Zauli, Gasbarroni; Farias

PREDICTION

Given their current form the bianconeri should ease past Palermo.

Juventus 2-0 Palermo

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
It's true that it might be one of our toughest match's up untill now , but these 3points are needed .... as long as we keep winning small teams no offence to palermo , but as long as we take advantages of weak teams and try to gain 3points , it's really helpfull ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)