[Serie A] Juventus vs Palermo (3 Viewers)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Well i think its gonna be an exciting match.High scoring match.

I hope DP scores even of its a crappy goal ,only to shut up his critics.

zamrbo should be shifted to RM and brindelli should get in for Camo.

Emerson should defentley get subbed to rest him at least , tacchi may get a chance.

And mybe appiah gets a chance if we get under pressure.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
No Juventus for Toni Friday 24 September, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Palermo’s hopes of grabbing a result at Juventus on Saturday have been hit by an injury to Luca Toni.

The Italian international, who has netted both of his side’s top-flight goals so far, has been ruled out of the trip to Turin.

The former Brescia striker, who is struggling with a right thigh strain, will probably be replaced by Ernesto Antonio Farias.

Good news, forza juve:D

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Capello tinkering hits Trez
Saturday 25 September, 2004

Fabio Capello couldn’t have asked for a better start to his Juventus career, but the Coach is set to drop top scorer David Trezeguet for the Palermo game.

“Squad rotation is essential to maintain everyone’s fitness levels and not exhaust players quickly,” explained the Coach.

The majority of the changes have been upfront, where he has consistently chopped and changed between Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Alessandro Del Piero and Trezeguet. It looks likely the Frenchman will be the one on the bench this evening despite netting four goals in three games.

“I realise we are doing well,” he noted after three wins on the trot, “but we mustn’t think that we’re perfect. There are many elements that need improving and everyone will have the chance to play this season.”

The team is almost unrecognisable from the one that conceded 42 goals in the last campaign, but Capello insists it is not all his doing.

“We have been able to get some important players back on track, such as Lilian Thuram. To get good results you need two elements: one that explains what he requires and another who listens and acts upon it.”

The Bianconeri’s chances of making it four in a row were boosted by the loss of Palermo hitman Luca Toni to a thigh injury, but the former Milan and Roma boss is not getting carried away with his optimism.

“I said before the season had even begun that the three teams to watch would be Fiorentina, Palermo and Udinese. We’ll be taking on the latter two over the next week and to win a Scudetto you can’t drop points along the way.”

“I will continue to repeat that Juventus must have humility, determination and concentration,” concluded Capello. “This is our credo for the whole season.”

=====

Guidolin: We don't need Toni
Saturday 25 September, 2004

Palermo’s chances of getting something off Juve were hit by Luca Toni’s injury, but Francesco Guidolin remains confident.

“Every Coach would like to go into each game with a full squad to choose from,” he noted, “but this time that won’t be the case. Nothing will change tactically and we will still go to Turin looking to pick up points.”

The Rosanero may be in the top flight for the first time in 30 years, but their lack of reverence has already grabbed a 1-1 draw away to Inter.

“We have to approach this game in the right way, as a team that is able to challenge for a result with the right amount of humility, but also realises that in terms of pure quality it is inferior to Juventus.”

The Bianconeri are seemingly unstoppable at the moment after scoring eight goals and keeping three consecutive clean sheets, while in Toni Palermo have lost their only goalscorer.

There will be changes for the Sicilians, as Biava returns from suspension to shore up the defence, while Argentine Ernesto Antonio Farias gets his Serie A debut in place of Toni.

“This is my chance to prove what I can give to Palermo,” said the excited 24-year-old forward. “I’d love to score a decisive goal in this game, as up until now I haven’t really been able to show the fans what I am capable of.”

Football Italia

Sep 14, 2003
There could be around 10,000 Palermo fans attending tonights game and anyone who's seen their matches will know that they're LOUD! Should make for a great atmosphere at the stadium - for a change.

EMMY

Jul 2, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Len ] ++
We'll probably win by one goal.....I'm going home to Thailand today and should be able to watch the match live on TV...;)
Welcome home...guy :D

You will watch on UBC Spark 26 Sep 26, 2004 01.30 am
and rerun on Super Sport Goal 30 Sep 26, 2004 08.00 am

Maurizio

Sep 23, 2004
++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
No Juventus for Toni Friday 24 September, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Palermo’s hopes of grabbing a result at Juventus on Saturday have been hit by an injury to Luca Toni.

The Italian international, who has netted both of his side’s top-flight goals so far, has been ruled out of the trip to Turin.

The former Brescia striker, who is struggling with a right thigh strain, will probably be replaced by Ernesto Antonio Farias.

Good news, forza juve:D

Ya damn right great news because now we don't have to put heave players on Toni..no we can create some more at the midfeald..:D

Maurizio

Sep 23, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++
Maybe Kapo can be included in this game
yeh i agree..this is the tipe of game that Kapo can bring his skills in the game..cause i know that Capello is gone bring him sometime..but when?:confused:

julio1011

Mar 3, 2004
i hope delpiero-zlatan combination produces alot of gols today.
and hopefully thuram-cannavaro-buffon concedes none.

i want olivera start instead of camoranesi.
and i would like to see kapo come on as a sub for nedved.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by sateeh ] ++
Well i think its gonna be an exciting match.High scoring match.

I hope DP scores even of its a crappy goal ,only to shut up his critics.

zamrbo should be shifted to RM and brindelli should get in for Camo.

Emerson should defentley get subbed to rest him at least , tacchi may get a chance.

And mybe appiah gets a chance if we get under pressure.
Leave Zamb at left back, he's the best in the business there. If we're not going to play Camo give Olivera the start.

I agree about Emerson. He hasn't been rested yet, so ideally we should take control of the game early on in the second half if not before, and get Tacchinardi or Appiah in for him at around the hour mark.

Nedved also deserves a rest.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Ramin ] ++

yahoo sports SUCKS

Camoranesi and Del Piero will start.
They messed me up dammit :( I was unable to get on to gazzetta's website so I had to use Yahoo, and I ended up swapping out Del Piero and Jankulovski :groan:

Maurizio

Sep 23, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

Leave Zamb at left back, he's the best in the business there. If we're not going to play Camo give Olivera the start.

I agree about Emerson. He hasn't been rested yet, so ideally we should take control of the game early on in the second half if not before, and get Tacchinardi or Appiah in for him at around the hour mark.

Nedved also deserves a rest.
Yeh Nedved deserves a rest.. but i think Nedved himself doesn't want to rest against Palermo.. and i agree Zambrotta only plays right midfeald if it is nessecary.. Olivera should play and would like to see Kapo as substitude of Nedved when we have the lead in the second half..

Maurizio

Sep 23, 2004
I just read on the italian channel that Palermo city have 80 procent Juventus-fans!:D:D:D

This defeat of Palermo shouldn't come to hard on them whahaha:devil:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)