[Serie A] Juventus vs. Messina (1 Viewer)

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Forza Juve..
Del Piero,,, well what can I say! This is just normal for you :cool: nothing special for Del Piero :cool: Thanks for the goal. We will always be by your side.
Zlatan, I really hope you have scored. I know you really need to score. For that Forza Zlatan :cool:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
++ [ originally posted by ZAF3000 ] ++

Thats ufair... He was one of the best in the field. He moved everywhere. Most of the tackles and return of balls from the opponents were through him. I agree he was a bit off with the crosses but did not deserve to be the worst in the field.
well may be you are right, I was angry because of the crosses

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Del Piero: "Io in forma? Dite sempre così quando segno"
15 10 2005

Alex Del Piero dopo la vittoria sul Messina. “Quando si torna in campo dopo una sosta si è sempre un po’ più in difficoltà; il Messina poi ha giocato molto bene. Io in forma? Dite sempre così quando faccio queste cose; sono contento di aver segnato, di aver giocato buona partita ma soprattutto della vittoria”

--------------------------------------------------------------

DP say´s that it is allways difficult to play again after a break (International break). Messina played well.
He has been asked if he is in form, and ale repleyed: you allways say that I am in form when I score, I am content to have scored and with my display, but specialy with the win.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Capello: "Va benissimo il risultato finale"
15 10 2005

Fabio Capello dopo la vittoria sul Messina. “Nel calcio quando hai le occasioni e non le sfrutti succede che devi soffrire. Siamo però sempre stati in partita e non abbiamo mai mollato. Abbiamo avuto diverse occasioni per chiudere ma va benissimo il risultato finale. I giocatori sono tornati tutti concentrati e convinti; Del Piero in particolare ha segnato un gol straordinario. Tutta la squadra è stata ordinata e ben disposta; mi è piaciuta”.

Apr 26, 2004
Juventus conquer their seventh win out of seven matches in the championship, beating Messina by 1-0 at Delle Alpi thanks to a fantastic Del Piero goal. The Bianconeri control the game, Messina defend. On 3’ minutes, Emerson follows Nedved’s free kick and tries to nod it in but the goalkeeper clears. On 17’ minutes, Del Piero tries a great left-footed shot which ends past the net after being deflected. On 19’ minutes, Nedved crosses from the left flank into the midfield but Mutu can’t find the winning deflection on goal. On 24’ minutes, Juventus take the lead with a terrific goal from Del Piero who, starting from the final third, dribbles four opponents and beats Storari with a left-footed shot (1-0). Messina’s reaction takes shape with Donati’s drive which Abbiati can easily save (29’) and Zoro’s finish that ends out (37’). In the final minutes of the first half, the Bianconeri are still in attack, on 44’ minutes a fine pass from Ibrahimovic to Nedved, who throws it in, is finally saved by the goalkeeper.

The second half too is marked by the Bianconeri. After 8 minutes, Nedved attempts on goal from outside the box but the goalkeeper clears into the corner. Two minutes later, it’s Ibrahimovic’s turn but his shot ends high over the bar (10’). On 13’ minutes, Storari’s two-time save on Nedved then on Ibrahimovic. On 26’ minutes, Camoranesi crosses to Del Piero, but he can’t find the ball. A few seconds later, the midfielder tries a conclusion on goal from outside the area and Storari clears (27’). Juventus is always dangerous and on 28’ minutes Ibrahimovic gets into the box, dribbles an opponent and serves Camoranesi into the area but the shot is saved. On 40’ minutes, Juventus get very close to doubling the score with Trezeguet’s great left-footed shot which hits the post. A thrill for Capello’s side is caused by Muslimovic on 45’ minutes when he tries to nod it in, but the result is saved by Abbiati.

JUVENTUS-MESSINA 1-0
GOALS: 24’pt Del Piero
JUVENTUS: Abbiati, Pessotto, Thuram, Cannavaro, Zambrotta, Nedved (30’sh Chiellini), Giannichedda, Emerson, Mutu (12’sh Camoranesi), Del Piero (37’sh Trezeguet), Ibrahimovic. Coach: Capello. Substitutes: Chimenti, Kovac, Balzaretti, Blasi, Trezeguet.
MESSINA: Storari, Zoro (28’sh Sculli), Rezaei, Zanchi, Aronica, Cristante, Coppola, Donati, Giampà, D’Agostino (18’sh Di Napoli), Zampagna (28’sh Muslimovic). Coach: Mutti. Substitutes: Caglioni, Iliev, Fusco, Mamede.
REFEREE: Bergonzi
YELLOW CARDS: 35’pt Thuram, 13’sh Zanchi, 23’sh Cristante, 36’sh Donati, 47’sh Cannavaro, 47’sh Coppola
ATTENDANCE: 30.097
GATE TAKINGS: 398.794

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
well very good win... didnt take away that much from the players which was the whole point, cuz we have that bayern game midweek.

here is wat i think....

abbiatii-spilled some balls, but had a good save.Wasn't tested that much.

thuram-looked very solid and took alot of headers...good game.

canna- another day at the office for fabio.Very solid

zambro-didnt have those runs of his and wasnt combining that much with neddy.. but solid defensively.

pessoto- i actually liked they way he played today...and i saw why don fabio opted for him ahead of blasi, as he is better offensively, and we needed that in this game.

Gianni- solid game, liked the he played... clean tackles,good passing and covered alot of ground even he had his hand injured.

emo-governed the midfield and didnt have any problems...made alot of runs offensively.

mutu-played very well in midfield,showed his talent in more than occasion.He will get better and better by time.

alex-great goallll ilcapitano... and had a great performance overall...but was somewat quiet the 2nd half.Hope he keeps up the goodwork

ibra-wasntt a great performance from the swede, he was a bit too anxious to score and do something..i think cap should've got him out .

chiellini- will he got his wish, and got his debut.Didnt do that much in midfield.He will got more playing time i think.

trezi-he just got in and hit the upright....enough said

camo- he gave us some stability in midfield.I liked that shot he took from far out.

good game overall comfortable win.
forzaa juvee

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++
Ibrahimovic does seem to be an important player upfront, as the entire team uses him as the target for all their play. If one of our defenders is in a tight position he can always play the long ball towards Zlatan. Ibrahimovic'll do something with the ball. He still needs to find a certain level of effectiveness though and an eye for other players, when he is in the box. He has improved though, compared to previous matches, as he did not slow down the attack today.
I think he did good job out of the box,nice passes,those of the clever ones,but he sucked inside of it. I noticed today he can't play good without Trezeguet and Camoranesi,those two are in better understanding with him than Mutu and Del piero. What annoyed me today the lack of hardwork,he was like complaining all the time. not running to the ball like before,while Del piero was the opposite today,working hard even running to dead balls,we saw that many times when the ball was going out but he did tried to catch it.

What I liked about Del piero,he was very active,kept the ball more than before,we do remember his divings.I want to see what Seven thinks now after that 1st goal,he kept the ball with him for long,whould he be guilty when someone tackled him hard and get injured?

I still prefer or think 4-4-2 is the better for our team,we will be weaker in midfield when we play the trident.today's match showed how Camoranesi and Vieira are key players,and how they change the game.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
++ [ originally posted by isha00 ] ++
Will Alex play against Bayern? :down:
He should get that chance along with Trezeguet,but I want to see Zlatan play also.he rocks inm big matches like this one

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by snoop ] ++

He should get that chance along with Trezeguet,but I want to see Zlatan play also.he rocks inm big matches like this one
You know, knowing Capello, I wouldn't be surprised to see him (Alex) on the bench on Tuesday..

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
In fairness, Del Piero is much better in the "small" matches than he is in the "big" ones. The player we most need in the big matches is Trezeguet.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
++ [ originally posted by isha00 ] ++

You know, knowing Capello, I wouldn't be surprised to see him (Alex) on the bench on Tuesday..
I don't think Capello is that kind of the coach.he has nothing against Del piero, he is doing this for the team's sake.because he is a professional.why would he bench del piero without a reason?will he win anything with that??I don't think so.when you have a player like Zlatan in your team,you can't blame him for prefering to start with him than the other.nothing is personal.

Martin you could be right,but I think he deserves at least to start the game.It's been a long time to see him at this form.

Apr 26, 2004
“We played a good match against an opponent that did not give up until the end. Messina played a cautious match, playing with only one striker and covering all the positions. We had many opportunities to double the score but we did not succeed in finalizing”. Fabio Capello takes home three deserved points, although struggled. And not for the way the game went, as litterally dominated by the Bianconeri, but for the occasion occured to the Sicilians in the final minutes with Muslimovic’s header, saved by Abbiati’s great response: “Christian was good but Storari too made good saves. When you do not make the most of the opportunities you create you end up risking”. The win over Messina has confirmed an incredibly inspired Alex Del Piero, who scored a masterful goal: “Del Piero is in a good shape and I think he proved that. I must say I’m very satisfied with everybody’s performance: Mutu too, back from the International team’s engagement, played a good match, just like Emerson and Giannichedda who played with grit in the midfield”

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Hey -- 3 points is 3 points. Capello fielded an interesting side for a change... I'm glad to see him mixing things up a bit.

And once DP sunk that brilliant bit of virtuoso fieldwork early on, we so outclassed Messina that it would have taken something of a shock goal to make this competitive. Still, we should have put Messina away when we let them hang on to any hope of getting into this for far too long.

Abbiati - Not tested much. Looked a little nervous in the few times he was, but he was exactly where we needed him. 6

Pessotto - Handled the right back role well this time. 6

Thuram - Strong game today. Didn't let much get past him. 6.5

Cannavaro - Solid. Got hacked a lot by the Messina attack because he was always shutting them down. A mistake here or there, but nothing close to dangerous. Perhaps my MOTM. 7

Zambrotta - Good game at midfield in the few times he got that far. Moved the ball a lot. Not too much to speak of on defense, but then he didn't have to -- silence is the sign of good defense sometimes. 6

Nedved - Had a better than usual game today. Some good deep shots that were on target and forced Storari saves. Decent ball movement. 6
->Chiellini (74') - Didn't add much, but didn't hurt either at midfield. 5.5

Giannichedda - Much better game than against Parma. I was worried when he hurt his wrist early on, but he played a good control game in midfield. 6

Emerson - Solid but mostly pretty silent (as he often is). Interesting to see him press forward on a few plays, however. 6.5

Mutu - Not terribly effective. Made a lot of bad fouls, IMO. 5.5
->Camoranesi (57') - Definitely adds a dynamic to our team at midfield, and tonight was no exception. He needed to be a little greedier (an anti-Zlatan?) on occasion, performing the quick pass to a teammate in traffic when he should have taken the shot himself. But he did take a few of his own that were well placed. 6.5

Del Piero - What a virtuoso goal! Steal the ball, fake out the defenders, and position for the kill. Simply brilliant and the defining moment of this game. 7
->Trezeguet ('82) - Had one great touch in his short time on the pitch. 6

Ibrahimovic - Caused chaos up front, but his finishing was still on the poor side. He also took a couple of shots he should have handed over. Fortunately we did not need a better game from him. 5.5

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)