[Serie A] Juventus vs. Messina (1 Viewer)

GRK

Guitar God
Oct 19, 2004
After beating Inter, and having a 5 point lead in the Serie A, Messina should be a breeze. But let's not underestimate them.
100% record to continue!
The game is on the 15th, a Saturday, at 8:30. Still a while until the game.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Amash

Mar 31, 2005
There is a lot of time to concretate on that game. We should win that, we have beaten them in the opening rounds of last season when they were very good and we should repeat that this season

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Even though Messina shouldn't be underestimated I don't think that we should risk Thuram, Zlatan or Trez.

Abbiati
Blasi - Kovac - Cannavaro - Zambrotta
Camoranesi - Emerson - Vieira - Mutu
Zalayeta - Del Piero

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Even though Messina shouldn't be underestimated I don't think that we should risk Thuram, Zlatan or Trez.

Abbiati
Blasi - Kovac - Cannavaro - Zambrotta
Camoranesi - Emerson - Vieira - Mutu
Zalayeta - Del Piero
Zlatan, Thuram and Trez will be ready for this game, I don't see why we shouldn't use them

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
This is a game where an experimental formation/startin line-up should be started with, but then again :sigh:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Espectro ] ++

Zlatan, Thuram and Trez will be ready for this game, I don't see why we shouldn't use them
You absolutely sure about that?

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

You absolutely sure about that?
Zlatan was walking for a while after he got fouled so I doubt it is a major injury. I think he should be ready for the next match.
As for Trezeguet & Thuram I am not too sure. Trezeguet seemed as if he pulled a groin which normally takes couple of weeks to heal (I am no doctor though). And Thurm is always injured these days so I cannot be certain about condition. However, I'll take Capello's word that his substitution was a precautionary measure given that Thuram looked hardly troubled when he went off.

Luigito

Mar 22, 2003
yes maybe some changes, for the nex game after the bayern game.

I hope that after the qualifications games to germany, some juve player back with some injury

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by GRK ] ++
How did the injury happen?
My memory is a bit hazy as I was watching half a sleep but if I recall it correctly, Trezeguet contested with Cordova in the air, and landed a bit awarkwardly. Having lost in the air, he then he tried to win the ball back from Cordova and probably pulled his groin in the process.
Anyway, it was quite funny watching him grabbing his ass as it seemed like he needed to go toilet.

OP
GRK

GRK

Guitar God
Oct 19, 2004
  • Thread Starter #15
    ++ [ originally posted by Jun-hide ] ++
    My memory is a bit hazy as I was watching half a sleep but if I recall it correctly, Trezeguet contested with Cordova in the air, and landed a bit awarkwardly. Having lost in the air, he then he tried to win the ball back from Cordova and probably pulled his groin in the process.
    Anyway, it was quite funny watching him grabbing his ass as it seemed like he needed to go toilet.
    Cool.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    I wouldn't count this match as breeze by any respect. Last year we squeaked out 2-1 at home and a lowly 0-0 draw away against them.

And it's particularly after a high on a big match like today that a team is most exposed for a let down.

Fortunate for us, Messina doesn't seem to have the form they had last season. So on paper, our odds should be even better than last season against them. But with a cloud of injuries and the heavy weight of keeping a perfect record, there's going to be a lot of pressure against us.

I will hold off on a prediction myself until the date gets closer. Hopefully no one will be hurt in international play over the next two weeks either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)