[Serie A] Juventus vs. Messina (5 Viewers)

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
++ [ originally posted by isha00 ] ++
I just heard the dp's interview. He (finally) got tired of hearing always the same things.
He wasn't happy when the guy told him their usual first question to him "Alex, today you were particulary.." he repleid "Well, you always tell me this, maybe someday you'll start with 'it's
a while that dp.."
Then they asked him about the WC and he (again a bit angry) said "With the NT I talk about the NT, here I talk about Juve"
He was asked if he wanted to dedicate his goal to someone and he replied "To those who are always by my side".
we will allways be by your side ale

:touched:

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
important 3 points, we played very risky in the second half. but we just have to forget this match and get concentrated for the game against bayern.

great goal from il capitano..

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
We sould believe more in our players,
there is no need for Cassano,
he will come but he may start from the bench too,just like the rest,
he is no superplayer

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Well you have to say that was another mechanical and lackluster performance by Juventus apart from a few moments of brilliance in the first half by some of our players. We created a decent number of chances against Messina, however I would probably expect a little more in terms of chances and also goals. We limited Messina to only a few chances around our area, and I don't remember Abbiati really being tested at all in the first half...second half is another story.

We were able to create a couple nice chances in the first half, however apart from the brilliant Del Piero goal we really did not test Storari that much. We were able to create some moments of magic through midfield, especially when Mutu was involved with the proceedings, however nothing really that inspiring. Messina could not even muster a real shot against us in the first half and they were not even matching our lacklusterous performance...amazingly something other teams usually fail to do as well.

In the second half it was more of the same nonchalant and mechanical football with neither side really taking total control of the match. We did not let Messina have much space in midfield, however towards the end of the match they started to take some chances and they probably should have drawn level...can't believe Zampagna or whoever missed that chance off of Abbiati.

I do prefer the trident Capello used today with Camoranesi in midfield instead of Nedved, as we just seem to have more control in the opposition's territory...one positive aspect of this match. Messina never looked like threatening us until the end of the match and with a little more movement in attack the trident will succeed. Mutu looked good today and especially Del Piero had a great performance. The midfield was pretty much secure and Vieira's absence was as noticable as the difference between playing with 11 and 8 men...not to take away from Giannichedda as he still looked solid today in his own respect.

Abbiati worried me once again today and he spilled the ball one too many times for my liking.

Pessotto was solid and did what he needed to do.

Thuram was very solid tonight and looked good with the ball in the first half. Even made a Messina attacker look foolish by playing the ball over his head with his head.

Cannavaro was decent however made a couple uncharacteristic mistakes.

Zambrotta was solid defenisvely and did not make as many runs up the wing as I had hoped.

Nedved was average today, however Messina had trouble dealing with his runs and won us a lot of fouls, just as usual.

Emerson was solid and easily held the midfield together.

Giannichedda was solid as well and this was his best match thus far in a Juventus shirt.

Mutu made some nice runs tonight and looked good with the ball at his feet...I still prefer him to Nedved on the left flank.

Ibrahimovic was poor IMO as he still is giving the ball away too easily and once again we saw him try to score a goal all by himself instead of making a simple lateral pass to a wide-open Del Piero who would have scored easily. Caused the Messina defense a lot of problems however he needs to improve.

Del Piero was my man of the match no doubt as his piece of brilliance won us the three points. He also looked very lively in the first half and was our best player going forward. Two great performances in the span of a week...bravo Ale.

Chiellini took a role on the left wing and did not really do much.

Trezeguet hit the post on a cracker of a shot after a nice Camoranesi lob over the defense...should have been a goal.

Sonjia_DP

Sep 17, 2005
++ [ originally posted by isha00 ] ++
I just heard the dp's interview. He (finally) got tired of hearing always the same things.
He wasn't happy when the guy told him their usual first question to him "Alex, today you were particulary.." he repleid "Well, you always tell me this, maybe someday you'll start with 'it's
a while that dp.."
Then they asked him about the WC and he (again a bit angry) said "With the NT I talk about the NT, here I talk about Juve"
He was asked if he wanted to dedicate his goal to someone and he replied "To those who are always by my side".
:touched:
That's touching.
This was one of the best goal from Alex in recent years:thumb:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)