[SERIE A] JUVENTUS vs Genoa (11/13/08) (5 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Honestly, how can people not see what Tiago brings to our game? A guy that actually knows how to pass the ball and keeps it moving at all times. He isn't afraid to try the semi-hard passes, the ones that Marchisio and Poulsen don't try or fuck up almost every time. With that said he wasn't MOM or anything but a solid 6.5 in my book.
True about his passing. One of the few players in our team that can pass properly. But he just lost too many balls tonight and didn't do well in his 1vs1. I think he was better in his previous games.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Na, that was only in the first half. In the second half, Tiago was great. Attacked his opponent early, didn't loose a ball and had 2 or 3 very nice passes!

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I'm not talking about winning or losing. They shouldn't be allowed to dominate possession on our home ground. If you're telling me they did that to Inter then so be it as I didn't see that one no.
Our passing isnt that good, but IMO this of letting the opposition having alot of the ball is a clear and deliberate tactic of Ranieri, to a certain degree. To lull them to being comfortable with possession, and then press hard and high up, and start the counter attacks. If you notice, quick turnover and attacks won high up are often how we score our goals, when they arent set pieces that is.

Go over our non-set pieces goals and you will notice this is something Ranieri aims for. Not have alot the ball, but when you do, be quick and direct with it.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Honestly, how can people not see what Tiago brings to our game? A guy that actually knows how to pass the ball and keeps it moving at all times. He isn't afraid to try the semi-hard passes, the ones that Marchisio and Poulsen don't try or fuck up almost every time. With that said he wasn't MOM or anything but a solid 6.5 in my book.
:agree: he was very good today...the whole team played well, but he was a real standout along with Ale

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Our passing isnt that good, but IMO this of letting the opposition having alot of the ball is a clear and deliberate tactic of Ranieri, to a certain degree. To lull them to being comfortable with possession, and then press hard and high up, and start the counter attacks. If you notice, quick turnover and attacks won high up are often how we score our goals, when they arent set pieces that is.

Go over our non-set pieces goals and you will notice this is something Ranieri aims for. Not have alot the ball, but when you do, be quick and direct with it.
Agree. But thats what I really like. There was a moment in the game, when we had so many players in the half of Genoa, that they only had long balls to get the ball out of the danger area. We played a very good pressing today. I loved that

Boksic

May 11, 2005
:agree: yup he starts so many of our attacks. Plus did anybody notice how many times he was back in our own box making crucial interceptions!? good game, IMO he was better than Sissoko today.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
That was a really good game.. We controlled every second of the game and did not give Genoa any space. The goal they scored was from an unfortunate penalty on Legro when the score was 3-0.

NOTE: What a pass from Del Piero on the third goal. Absolutely magical.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005

I've thought the exact same thing, that this is purposedly done by Ranieri. Are we flattering him too much though thinking that? I can't decide but I do know I am nervous when I see the opponents run circles around us.

True about his passing. One of the few players in our team that can pass properly. But he just lost too many balls tonight and didn't do well in his 1vs1. I think he was better in his previous games.
Yepp. And he did have better games, indeed. But I think some people giving him a 5.5 are clearly on the wrong.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I've thought the exact same thing, that this is purposedly done by Ranieri. Are we flattering him too much though thinking that? I can't decide but I do know I am nervous when I see the opponents run circles around us.

]Yepp. And he did have better games, indeed. But I think some people giving him a 5.5 are clearly on the wrong.
yea, that's just crazy

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
It's really inconsiderate of you to post less, Dule.

I now have to go and find the news reports about Juve by myself instead of waiting for you to post them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)