[SERIE A] JUVENTUS vs Genoa (11/13/08) (4 Viewers)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
This is a difficult game for sure. Genoa play some really great football. Their midfield plays a really fast and direct passing game, and Momo will have to be on point to stop them as we're only playing with oine true DM atm. Their defence is a really organised unit and are calm and techincal on the ball as well and it'll be hard to break them down. I'd not be surprised with a draw.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
fielding a balanced lineup is in our best interests which would give our starters enough rest for inter the week after
Our players could run a marathon after the game and still be rested for Inter 9 days later. We should field our strongest eleven against Genoa and that's what Ranieri will do.

Myself I am especially looking forward to the return of Camoranesi...

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Our players could run a marathon after the game and still be rested for Inter 9 days later. We should field our strongest eleven against Genoa and that's what Ranieri will do.

Weird, but I agree 100%.

sacrer

Nov 6, 2006
We dont need to rest anyone, play the best formation, Genoa are a very good side that we shouldnt underestimate at all.
Our defenders need to take care of Milito. He is in very good form since the beginning of the season. Put Chiellini on him and let him take care of him just like he took care of everyone that came along this year!

I wouldnt play Giovinco this game, I think he should have played the Chievo game, but I think Camoranesi and Nedved should be playing this game! The last 6 games proved that we need to close our midfeild well, and those two do a better job at that.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We dont need to rest anyone, play the best formation, Genoa are a very good side that we shouldnt underestimate at all.
Our defenders need to take care of Milito. He is in very good form since the beginning of the season. Put Chiellini on him and let him take care of him just like he took care of everyone that came along this year!

I wouldnt play Giovinco this game, I think he should have played the Chievo game, but I think Camoranesi and Nedved should be playing this game! The last 6 games proved that we need to close our midfeild well, and those two do a better job at that.
I partially agree. I still think Nedved could rest or play half a game here, Camoranesi needs at least 1 game under his belt before Inter to be match fit and at his best. I think this would be an OK game for Giovinco to start, I dont think they pose much of a threat on the left. Besides, god knows he needs playing time.

I am concerned about Milito as well, he is on form at the moment but we have some players that are too thankfully so they too will be on alert. Chiellini/Legro need to be careful with their yellows if they risk being suspended, i would hate to lose Chiellini for inter, that would suck. But I am curious to see how Criscito will handle whatever we throw his way:)

It will be nice to see what kind of defender he is turning into because this game he will be up against the best kind of competition! We should play our key players minus nedved just for the sake of getting gio some time. Nedved could play a half, i would be ok with that so as long gio gets to play.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
i think we should play our best side. This Genoa team side is very tough and we shouldn't underestimate them at all or we will get burnt.

Their main weakness imo is the right side of defense with Biava i think. Although he does get a lot of cover from Rossi, we should be able to exploit it. Our full backs will need to cross cover well as their advanced wingers always cut inside to help milito.

Hopefully camo can get at least 60 mins as we need him for the inter game even if marchionni plays the tactical role very well.

Aug 17, 2007

by the way, i think if ranieri will rest ale, tiago or no matter who against genoa, it's really bad cause that player won't play for two weeks before inter. too much for someone in great form.

Sir Psycho Sexy

I AM CANDREVA (kholsit!)
Sep 19, 2008
giovinco should start along side marchisio ... which i think is back from injury .... does anyone know when buffon will be back? ... i hope palladino plays ... so we gio can own him hehe

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
we are gonna see a full strength team vs Genoa... Nedved will be back to replace De Ceglie... maybe one of Legro or Chiellini might be rested because of the yellow cards against their name...

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
Seriously, rest from what? After Genoa we will have more than a week to rest and face Inter. I think they're enough.
it is not such a problem for resting players for Inter game as there is more than a week anyway, but the problem is that we have players now, who might be already tired and for that reason only i think they should get day off.

However if we want Gio ever to play, well, this might be the moment, instead of Alex who played so well, and so much recently.
Also, even Marchioni played well recently and improved , I would give a chance to Camo but only if is fully recovered.

Same stands fro Zanetti or Marchisio if any of them are recovered..

Of course I am for best and most ready 11 players to be on field as always.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)