SERIE A: Juventus - Udinese (4 Viewers)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
We were 1-0 down and Del Piero had just missed a penalty. We tried desperately to surge forward, but every door was slammed shut and our players looked out of sorts. The clock was ticking and around 12 minutes were remaining. Our unbeaten run and top spot were on stake. Mission Impossible??

Our Juventini had other thoughts and the famous never-say-die attitude was up there for everyone to observe and admire. The team utterly refused the defeat and stepped up a gear in search for an equalizer and possibly winning the match. The team was revived and all players were inspired. The efforts were soon awarded as the floodgates were suddenly open and everything turned bright and colorful for us once again. Di Vaio scored two goals, Miccoli one, and Trezeguet one. FOUR goals. All in the space of 15 minutes of madness. You never know in football, you just never know. You have to always be optimistic and have faith in the team.

To be honest, I didn’t believe we were able to turn the match around because Udinese looked very solid at the back and our players looked hopeless. But I guess the Bianconeri beast created by Lippi was just too mighty for little Udinese to handle.

Thanks to our grit and determination, we have now gone solo on top of Serie A- two points ahead of both Milan and Roma (having already played both).

A special mention goes to Legrottaglie who was just amazing at the back. He looked like a blonde version of Nesta – with the same movements inside the pitch and identical style. As for Del Piero, I’m positive he is strong enough to get over this appalling comeback and the penalty miss as he continues to deliver, unscathed, from other more dreadful incidents from the past. He was clearly not 100% fit and was frustrated later on the bench. But hopefully, the future holds better days for our captain.

Next Victim: Modena. Saturday November 22, 2003. 1600 Hours.

ebraheej

Jul 16, 2002
Great post Dpforever. The first thing i want to read after every match, is not channel 4's review or soccerage's but your match reviews. Its AWESOME.
Keep it up.

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: I just looked at the posts from when we scored all those goals-it's hillarious!!! several people had completely given up hope!!! little did I know this morning when I saw Juventus 4-1 Udinese in the paper what a game it was! Forza Juve!!! and DP-the "Victims" thing was classic!

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
We were 1-0 down and Del Piero had just missed a penalty. We tried desperately to surge forward, but every door was slammed shut and our players looked out of sorts. The clock was ticking and around 12 minutes were remaining. Our unbeaten run and top spot were on stake. Mission Impossible??

Our Juventini had other thoughts and the famous never-say-die attitude was up there for everyone to observe and admire. The team utterly refused the defeat and stepped up a gear in search for an equalizer and possibly winning the match. The team was revived and all players were inspired. The efforts were soon awarded as the floodgates were suddenly open and everything turned bright and colorful for us once again. Di Vaio scored two goals, Miccoli one, and Trezeguet one. FOUR goals. All in the space of 15 minutes of madness. You never know in football, you just never know. You have to always be optimistic and have faith in the team.

To be honest, I didn’t believe we were able to turn the match around because Udinese looked very solid at the back and our players looked hopeless. But I guess the Bianconeri beast created by Lippi was just too mighty for little Udinese to handle.

Thanks to our grit and determination, we have now gone solo on top of Serie A- two points ahead of both Milan and Roma (having already played both).

A special mention goes to Legrottaglie who was just amazing at the back. He looked like a blonde version of Nesta – with the same movements inside the pitch and identical style. As for Del Piero, I’m positive he is strong enough to get over this appalling comeback and the penalty miss as he continues to deliver, unscathed, from other more dreadful incidents from the past. He was clearly not 100% fit and was frustrated later on the bench. But hopefully, the future holds better days for our captain.

Next Victim: Modena. Saturday November 22, 2003. 1600 Hours.
Cool Dude!!! :thumb:

Hey, i think everyone here saw what DP forever saw in Legro. The guy did very very good!! I think is one of his best performances in the season!!. Very good for him!!

The Bianconeri Beast.. hehehe! :thumb:

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
We should also give some credit to Iuliano. In last summer i hated the guy, but i know i think he is more stable than montero! He has done very well in the past few games and has amazed me alot this season!

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Lippi did a mistake by letting dp play from the start he should let him play at the end only , also letting him shoot the penalty is another mistake.
thank god we have devaio and micoli and the great nedved to save our asses.:D

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
Lippi did a mistake by letting dp play from the start he should let him play at the end only , also letting him shoot the penalty is another mistake.
I wouldn't call it a mistake, but before the match started.... all along i thought that if DP played he would be subbed on towrads the end and not start the match.

I would have prefered what you have said to have been carried out too.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Thanks guys for the positive response on my post .. it's really appreciated :)

++ [ originally posted by m_elayyan ] ++
With all due respect, but I don't think Lippi has any psychic powers that would let him predict the future (penalty miss), even though one would suspect those powers with the perfect choice of players and timing of substitutions that he tends to make ..

Anyway, Alex would bag that penalty in 9 times out of ten, it just wasn't his day .. he is our penalty taker ..

As for the timing of his selection I don't think its a mistake at all, any other coach would've rushed him in against Milan or Sociedad .. but Lippi gave him extra time to make his comeback against Udinese .. I'm sure, had Del Piero scored a hat-trick on that day you would change your mind and say that Lippi was right to play him but unfortunately coaches are the first people to be critisized, even when the team is winning (4-1) !!

In fact, I think Lippi is doing a great job with this squad rotation .. as he said in the post-match conference, had most players (seven) not been rested in the previous match (Sociedad), then this comeback would've been much more difficult ..

Most players will now have an extra week to rest and recover from minor injuries, hopfully they will be all fit and raring to go against Modena and Gala ..

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
awasome post..!

IMHO, legro is better than nesta :D (or maybe i'm just being biased):cool:

Most players will now have an extra week to rest and recover from minor injuries, hopfully they will be all fit and raring to go against Modena and Gala ..
dont we have inter b4 gala...? correct me if i'm wrong...

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #500
    ++ [ originally posted by kaizer ] ++

awasome post..!

IMHO, legro is better than nesta :D (or maybe i'm just being biased):cool:
    Maybe you're being biassed? Just maybe? :D

dont we have inter b4 gala...? correct me if i'm wrong...
    Yeah, your wrong :p Fahad was correct, it's Modena then Gala then Inter :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)