[Serie A] Juventus - Sampdoria (September 12, 2010) (1 Viewer)

Juventuz' biggest match day whiners

• Vinman

• Bjerknes

• Cronios

• Suns

• VicCB

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mar 3, 2008
Bad result for a good gsme, we shoud've won.
Storari: 6, Couldn't have done anything for any of the goals and 2 nice saves in the first half.
Motta:4, AWOL most of the times and not much offensively. Cassano's plaything.
Chiellini:5.5, maybe should've marked Pozzi on the first goal. Good otherwise
Bonucci:5.5, Should've been marking Pozzi on the third goal. Good otherwise
De Ceglie:4, Awful again, can't block a cross if his ife depended on it.
Pepe: 6.5, scored a goal and had some nice runs. Good game.
Marchisio:6.5ice goal and some nice distribution. Still expecting better.
Melo:7, dominated the midefield in the second half. Could've caused a goal in the first half and def made up for it.
Krasic:8, Mom, great game, did everything right but should've scored on a one to one in the 2nd half. I still feel he can do better.
Del Piero:6, good game overall, nice free kicks and dribbling. Next games, he should try to link up more with the guys upfront.
Quag:6, Average game.Scored a goal and played the easy game of short passes well.

Grygera:5, not tested much.
Aqiulani:6, Could be our best transfer, he showed a glimpse of brilliance with a killer pass ti Iaq. Try to build on this.
Iaq:5.5, still mising his touch, but ran as usual.

Mar 10, 2009
I actually see some positives form this match, for one I'm really impressed that Juventus did actually manage to score 3 goals. 2 everyone keeps telling me that Krasic was great, that's nice to hear. The only bad thing, apart from the fact that we didn't win, was that our defense looks weak. But you have to remember we all most have a compeltly new set of defenders, maybe they just need time to gel together?

Realistically I was never aiming for the league anyway, a 3rd place finish and I'd be more than happy :)

Zidaninho

Aug 31, 2010
Bad result for a good gsme, we shoud've won.
Storari: 6, Couldn't have done anything for any of the goals and 2 nice saves in the first half.
Motta:4, AWOL most of the times and not much offensively. Cassano's plaything.
Chiellini:5.5, maybe should've marked Pozzi on the first goal. Good otherwise
Bonucci:5.5, Should've been marking Pozzi on the third goal. Good otherwise
De Ceglie:4, Awful again, can't block a cross if his ife depended on it.
Pepe: 6.5, scored a goal and had some nice runs. Good game.
Marchisio:6.5ice goal and some nice distribution. Still expecting better.
Melo:7, dominated the midefield in the second half. Could've caused a goal in the first half and def made up for it.
Krasic:8, Mom, great game, did everything right but should've scored on a one to one in the 2nd half. I still feel he can do better.
Del Piero:6, good game overall, nice free kicks and dribbling. Next games, he should try to link up more with the guys upfront.
Quag:6, Average game.Scored a goal and played the easy game of short passes well.

Grygera:5, not tested much.
Aqiulani:6, Could be our best transfer, he showed a glimpse of brilliance with a killer pass ti Iaq. Try to build on this.
Iaq:5.5, still mising his touch, but ran as usual.
How you gave DP and Quag the same score is mind boggling

Andorra85

Jul 11, 2009
This game the team could actually string together a couple of passes and build some decent attack scenarios, for that is a big plus to look into.

The best players were Krasic and Pepe by far, I didn't understand the subs, we changed all of the sudden to a 4-3-3, and the Grygera sub was not even tactical, sure Cassano was manhandling Motta, but it is not like you brought in Maicon, Alves or Brazzo.

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
I wasn't able to watch the match but based on your comments, it appears we utilized the wings very much during this game.

Are we starting to see some of Del Neri's trademark wing play?

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Storari- 6.5. Made a few decent saves preventing at least two more goals. Commanding in the air, decent positional play. Solid.

Chiellini- 6. His usual aggression in the tackle, strode out of defence a couple of times, but didnt make his presence felt in attacking set pieces. Still needs time to marry Bonucci, but his job is made so much harder with De ceglie next to him, as he has to cover both centre back and left back positions.

Bonucci. 6. Fairly solid, especially in the air. It didn't help his cause that Motta was having a bad day at right back.

Motta 4. He didn't seem physically ready for this game. Off the pace. Passing was average, less useful offensively than in previous showings. Much to learn.

Marchisio 6.5. It is going to take time to decide upon and gel together our prime central midfield duo, but there were signs in this game that the Melo/Marchisio combination could work. Took his goal very well indeed, i was so happy for him as well as the team. Could do with more tackling, but at least his passing game is returning to his feet.

Melo 7. Made a few errors in the first half, but then grew into the toughest man in midfield. Showed good stamina, good pace, good tackling, and played the ball simple when called upon. In this form, he looks like a different player. Long may it continue.

Pepe. 7. The little man is finding his feet in our team. Swapped flanks twice in the game, and looked more effective on his less favoured left side. Scored a goal, created other chances. Consistently decent deliveries, good pace, his spirit and tenacity is welcome.

Krasic. 7.5. Its taken less than two games for the Serb to start showing the kind of form which we paid 15m for, and chased all Summer. Once he had found his rhythm, he was a greater attacking threat than I have seen in our squad for seveal seasons. he loves to run at players, has the skills, can cross, and his acceleration is intense. Could have scored at least one, but once he moved from pilot flame to anywhere near full blast, he was borderline unplayable. Very impressive. Likely to be a thorn in the side of many teams we play.

Quagiarella. 6. I am happy to see a little pace up front, especially when the slowest player in Serie A, DP, is starting. Moves around too much to play as a target man, but worked hard for the cause and did create problems for the Samp defence.

DP. 4. Other than his free kicks, two of which were mighty close, he was a ghost on the pitch. Completely inneffective, outmuscled in every physical confrontation, won nothing in the air. With Amauri injured and Iaquinta returning slowly from injury, why not give a youngster the chance to lead the line??? As shown by his free kicks, DP still has huge talent, but such is his ultra frail physique and complte lack of pace, he should be on the bench, at best.

SUbS:
grygera goblin 5. Added better positioning to the right back position, but as with the opposite flank, right fullback remains an area of weakness for our squad. Which is a shame, bearing in mind that the fullbacks in our system create the base for our wingers to forage forward.

Iaquinta n/a

Aquilani n/a

Conclusion.

We put more decent balls into the box in that game than we did in any game I watched last season. Admittedly we weren't playing an Attack From the Flanks formation last season...but still, we had only one player who could cross, Camo, and he was poor and injured all season. If Pepe and Krasic can improve upon and maintain this kind of form, Amauri is going to score plenty this season. I was hugely impressed with the wingers, especially Krasic...Also Melo did very well. I expected DP to be shocking, and was annoyed when Del Neri didnt sub him, for Martinez perhaps...It was a strange move to take off our most obvious threat, but I suppose he needs time to adjust. Still...when he is on fire, we should let him burn people until he runs out of fuel. And he looked far from running low when subbed.

I can see Del neri's logic in changing to a 4-3-3, giving both Aquilani and Iaquinta some time to start regaining match fitness. But I personally would not have changed formation or our wingers, who were both causing problems for Samp.

Our most serious problems, remain what they were last season. BOTH fullback positions. Its horrible to be finally seeing such improvement in our offensive play, then see all the good work done by krasic and pepe and melo, rendered pointless, by our constant failings at fullback. Motta can do better than that, but De Ceglie can't. That is his usual form. Why not give Traore a pop when De Ceglie is out of his depth??? As for the right back position, its more sturdy with Motta and Grygera, but still a massive weak point. BOTH fullback positions should have been greatly improved over the summer, especially the left side. This was clear to everyone who saw us last season. If Grosso is still with us, better he starts than De Ceglie.

It was an exciting match, which had me on the edge of my seat...my heart was racing. Encouraging signs all round. We can fight for 4th, at best 3rd, this season. But we must be patient. The wingers seem potentially wicked. Melo is proving his worth. Marchisio slowly regaining form. Quag, Krasic, Pepe, Bonucci, all seem like decent signings...I would add in Motta, but he seems presently inconsistent.

Early days, but I enjoyed that draw. Good passion. Signs of the new system working. What more can I expect...

Primo

Juventus FC - Philippines
Dec 20, 2002
De Ceglie - why does Del Neri keep playing him? He defends poorly and I'd prefer he concentrate on keeping the opponents from crossing than he attack and provide our crosses, we have Krasic to do that for us!

Isn't Grygera more stable at defending than De Ceglie? I prefer Grygera to play over DC.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Maybe the creator of the poll should be nominated for "Biggest Retard of the forum"

If you like what you saw, then good for you....all I saw was much of the same from last season. The only difference today is that we scored a few more than usual, and still couldnt take the 3 pts.

Pepe was an improvement, but the defense was the joke of the day

Del Neri admitting that we arent scudetto contenders was the other joke of the day....what he left out is that with him in charge, we never will be title contenders

Zidaninho

Aug 31, 2010
Storari- 6.5. Made a few decent saves preventing at least two more goals. Commanding in the air, decent positional play. Solid.

Chiellini- 6. His usual aggression in the tackle, strode out of defence a couple of times, but didnt make his presence felt in attacking set pieces. Still needs time to marry Bonucci, but his job is made so much harder with De ceglie next to him, as he has to cover both centre back and left back positions.

Bonucci. 6. Fairly solid, especially in the air. It didn't help his cause that Motta was having a bad day at right back.

Motta 4. He didn't seem physically ready for this game. Off the pace. Passing was average, less useful offensively than in previous showings. Much to learn.

Marchisio 6.5. It is going to take time to decide upon and gel together our prime central midfield duo, but there were signs in this game that the Melo/Marchisio combination could work. Took his goal very well indeed, i was so happy for him as well as the team. Could do with more tackling, but at least his passing game is returning to his feet.

Melo 7. Made a few errors in the first half, but then grew into the toughest man in midfield. Showed good stamina, good pace, good tackling, and played the ball simple when called upon. In this form, he looks like a different player. Long may it continue.

Pepe. 7. The little man is finding his feet in our team. Swapped flanks twice in the game, and looked more effective on his less favoured left side. Scored a goal, created other chances. Consistently decent deliveries, good pace, his spirit and tenacity is welcome.

Krasic. 7.5. Its taken less than two games for the Serb to start showing the kind of form which we paid 15m for, and chased all Summer. Once he had found his rhythm, he was a greater attacking threat than I have seen in our squad for seveal seasons. he loves to run at players, has the skills, can cross, and his acceleration is intense. Could have scored at least one, but once he moved from pilot flame to anywhere near full blast, he was borderline unplayable. Very impressive. Likely to be a thorn in the side of many teams we play.

Quagiarella. 6. I am happy to see a little pace up front, especially when the slowest player in Serie A, DP, is starting. Moves around too much to play as a target man, but worked hard for the cause and did create problems for the Samp defence.

DP. 4. Other than his free kicks, two of which were mighty close, he was a ghost on the pitch. Completely inneffective, outmuscled in every physical confrontation, won nothing in the air. With Amauri injured and Iaquinta returning slowly from injury, why not give a youngster the chance to lead the line??? As shown by his free kicks, DP still has huge talent, but such is his ultra frail physique and complte lack of pace, he should be on the bench, at best.

SUbS:
grygera goblin 5. Added better positioning to the right back position, but as with the opposite flank, right fullback remains an area of weakness for our squad. Which is a shame, bearing in mind that the fullbacks in our system create the base for our wingers to forage forward.

Iaquinta n/a

Aquilani n/a

Conclusion.

We put more decent balls into the box in that game than we did in any game I watched last season. Admittedly we weren't playing an Attack From the Flanks formation last season...but still, we had only one player who could cross, Camo, and he was poor and injured all season. If Pepe and Krasic can improve upon and maintain this kind of form, Amauri is going to score plenty this season. I was hugely impressed with the wingers, especially Krasic...Also Melo did very well. I expected DP to be shocking, and was annoyed when Del Neri didnt sub him, for Martinez perhaps...It was a strange move to take off our most obvious threat, but I suppose he needs time to adjust. Still...when he is on fire, we should let him burn people until he runs out of fuel. And he looked far from running low when subbed.

I can see Del neri's logic in changing to a 4-3-3, giving both Aquilani and Iaquinta some time to start regaining match fitness. But I personally would not have changed formation or our wingers, who were both causing problems for Samp.

Our most serious problems, remain what they were last season. BOTH fullback positions. Its horrible to be finally seeing such improvement in our offensive play, then see all the good work done by krasic and pepe and melo, rendered pointless, by our constant failings at fullback. Motta can do better than that, but De Ceglie can't. That is his usual form. Why not give Traore a pop when De Ceglie is out of his depth??? As for the right back position, its more sturdy with Motta and Grygera, but still a massive weak point. BOTH fullback positions should have been greatly improved over the summer, especially the left side. This was clear to everyone who saw us last season. If Grosso is still with us, better he starts than De Ceglie.

It was an exciting match, which had me on the edge of my seat...my heart was racing. Encouraging signs all round. We can fight for 4th, at best 3rd, this season. But we must be patient. The wingers seem potentially wicked. Melo is proving his worth. Marchisio slowly regaining form. Quag, Krasic, Pepe, Bonucci, all seem like decent signings...I would add in Motta, but he seems presently inconsistent.

Early days, but I enjoyed that draw. Good passion. Signs of the new system working. What more can I expect...
Just remember - we had two or three similar games last year (Samp and Palermo for eg) only to come tumbling back down to earth the next game - the litmus test will be how we respond over the next 2-3 games.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
i am not saying, at all, WE ARE ONCE AGAIN AMAZING...I am saying that the game yesterday was promising and exciting, and i enjoyed it, and krasic, pepe and melo all looked wicked.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
i am not saying, at all, WE ARE ONCE AGAIN AMAZING...I am saying that the game yesterday was promising and exciting, and i enjoyed it, and krasic, pepe and melo all looked wicked.
In the second half maybe...

The team started just as sloppy and out of ideas as normal.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Saw the game:

Traore needs to be fit quick, De Ceglie is all heart but doesn't have the competance to play LB. I hear traore is lightning quick so atleast I hope we never get bruned on the left again. DC looked better than against Bari, positioning was better, but still doesn't have the agility and quickness to play the LB.

Motta looks nervous and unsure, he did pick up a knock 15 mins before he was subbed though.

The biggest problem I saw aside from fullbacks is obviously the attack. W DP and Quag (who played a good game IMO), we had to resort to our midfield taking advanced positions. Left us vulnarble on the counter, and exposed our weak fullbacks.

So hopefully with amauri or iaquinta back, we can have a nore attacking presence.

KRASIC - has got to be our main positive. Before he came, I heard he had mad pace and great dribbling skills. Along with good physique and crossing. That all was on show today. Especially that one move where he ditched the entire backline and went one on one. Unfortunately he's not clinical yet. But jeeez, when he cuts midfield and runs like that, I swear I'm watching Pavel Nedved all over again. (Minus the shooting ability)

Pepe was good, but he is much more comfortable on the rigth. He won't be able to cross from left unless he cuts in with ball at right foot. Defenders will learn to anticipate his moves on the left. we don't have a natural left winger, gio wudve been much better there. Oh well.

Aquilani, for the short period he was one, looked good with his passing. Will give Marchisio a hard time for places. But gives Juve a great tactical alternative.

Overall, I'm not happy. I'm a juventus fan ffs, I'm happy when we win. But atleast the squad is starting to gel, much more fluidity than vs bari. We are just lacking in Attack and fullback, namely left, since Gygera is a good rotation for motta. Defensively better.

Juve11

Mar 3, 2008
First half we played average and second half we played beautaful!

Motta and DC cost us the game, nothing Chellinin or Bonucci can do when you give wingers 15 seconds to take the ball down and pick out someone in the box, every time they got the ball.

DC can't tackle and looses his man time and time again!
Motta started well, but then showed too much respect for Cassano and allowed him to turn to face him and gave him plenty of room and time!

Player Ratings for first 11:

Storari - 6 maby could have done better on Cassanos goal, otherwise brilliant save and no chance for the others

DC - 2 Worse the Molinaro

Chellini - 6 not alot to do besides help Storari get the ball out of the net

Bonucci - See Chellini

Motta - 3.5 Started well, took a knock may have affected him.

Pepe - 7 Average first half, lively in the second. Still looks clumsy but can't fault his effort!

Melo - 7.5 Great game! One slip/error, otherwise barely missed a pass.

Marchisio - 6 In and out of the game too much. Should have tracked back on the first goal!

Krasic - 8.5 OK first half, but his second half was amazing. Fast, skillful, could have buried the game at 2-1. Basically 2 assists, he could be the buy of the transfer campaign!

DP - 5.5 Moments of magic as usual, but very poor for 85% of the game. He will be an amazing super sub for 20 mins a game.

Quag - 6 Nothing special but worked hard. Godd spot for his tap in, will get better as time goes on.

Adluc1

Aug 30, 2010
I think not spending adequate time or thought rebuilding the defence during the transfer window will be our major flaw this season. It shows quite clearly. Nothing to do with gelling, the talent and experience at the back simply just isn't there.

Sampdoria have a talented attack, but I dread to think what a top team firing on all cylinders would do to our back line.

There are certainly positves (KRASIC!!), but if things don't tighten up soon we'll be looking at struggling to finish in a CL spot.

VicCB

Jul 30, 2010
lol at the poll, I hardly have commented on the match, much less negatively. It's pretty much a "people I don't like" list from whoever did it.

Anyway, we need Amauri fit, asap. A forward pairing of Quag Iaquinta is too ordinary and Del Piero can't play more than 15 or 20 minutes. For the left back, given our situation let's give Traore a try, he can't be worse than De Ceglie...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)