SERIE A: Juventus - Roma (1 Viewer)

eringi

Jul 15, 2002
Man, I wish Lippi had kept Trezeguet in the game. Lippi is a great coach but i guess i have the right to second guess his decisions sometimes. It is not a terrible result but we will never know if we could have hold on for the three points or not had Trezeguet stayed in the game.

A player who never stops to amaze me is Nedved, My goodness this guy runs around the pitch like he will never run out of air.

Did anyone notice how Davids was always trying to calm the Roma players down whenever there was a controversy. I may be paranoid but the whole time my thinking was that he has started to make good Friends over there. Anyway he still played like a true professional though.

I agree with those who are saying Trezeguet is more involved in the 4-3-1-2 rather than the 4-2-3-1 in the latter formation, i seriously feel for him because he looks so bored out there, he only touches the ball once in a while.

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Meow ] ++

The slow motion replay showed that DV's toes touched the ball and kinda of diverted it into the net.

But i was wondering would the ball still go in even without that touch....:confused:
no it wouldn't have gone in had Di Vaio not touched it.

heres why -

if you notice...its the slight deflection that caused it to go beyond the outstretched goalkeeper.

in fact had he not touched it, it wouldn't have even reached the keeper as the defender standing right behind Di Vaio had his foot out to clear the ball in anticipation of Nedved's shot...but Di Vaio's touch put it beyond the defender's reach and then the keeper.

good instincts shown there by Marco :cool:

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
++ [ originally posted by eringi ] ++

Did anyone notice how Davids was always trying to calm the Roma players down whenever there was a controversy. I may be paranoid but the whole time my thinking was that he has started to make good Friends over there. Anyway he still played like a true professional though.
i did notice it!! I told my mum( who doesn't really watch football) it was weird for that "black guy wearing funny glasses" to try to make peace instaed of a war!!:D

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Al Harbi ] ++

I think they will no changes in the current formation..

-----------------------------buffon

----------------legro--------------montero/tudor

thuram-------------------------------------------------zambro

------------tacchi/appiah-----------appiah/davids

camo----------------------------------------------nedved

-----------------------------------------miccoli

--------------trez/DV
It still looks as effective as ever :strong:

I have such high hopes for Miccoli this season...really... if he fulfills his potential, he'll be a superstar by the end of this season

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Nedved was definitely all over the pitch. Roma clearly had their hands full with him -- particularly in the first half. He was instrumental to their play-making, with Di Vaio a definite beneficiary.

Zambro was inspired.

Davids didn't appear as rusty as I expected, and he seemed to put forward a good effort. Like someone else mentioned here, he seemed to get pretty friendly with Roma when things got heated late in the game. As the Roma fan sitting next to me put it: "Hey, relax -- we'll be on the same team next year."

Trez was right in expressing his disappointment that the team took more of a conservative turn at the end that cost them. (Though I felt Trez wasn't as much a presence in the match as he could have been. But perhaps it was about formation...) But Lippi should know best of what's left in the tank. It's very telling that of the Serie A teams in the Champions League last week, all four won their UCL games and yet none of them won their following Serie A matches.

the phoenix

Aug 8, 2002
I was having the same thoughts about Davids, he didn't seem so agressive as he normaly is. I don't really think it has anything to do with Davids wanting to play for Roma next season rather I think he was acting the way he was to get under the skin of Lippi and Moggi with regards to his contract and what not. Just his way of returning shots for what he may believe to unfair treatment towards him.

dreamer

Aug 7, 2003
++ [ originally posted by mate ] ++
Italin media report that it will be a month 4 Del Piero cause it is a strain not a "strappo" (when the muscle get broken).

About the match: well it was very entrateining IMO.
It was better to win it but considering that we had the CL and Roma had all the week to "work on us" we cannot cry 4 a drow.

Ratings:

GAZZETTA DELLO SPORT: Buffon 6, Thuram 6, Legrottaglie 6.5, Montero 6, Camoranesi 6, Zambrotta 6.5, Tudor 7, Appiah 6.5, Davids 6, Nedved 7, Del Piero sv, Di Vaio 7.5, Trezeguet 5.5, Birindelli sv.

CORRIERE DELLO SPORT: Buffon 8, Thuram 6.5, Legrottaglie 6.5, Montero 6.5, Camoranesi 6.5, Zambrotta 6.5, Tudor 6.5, Appiah 6.5, Davids 6.5, Nedved 6.5, Del Piero sv, Di Vaio 7.5, Trezeguet 5, Birindelli sv.

TUTTOSPORT: Buffon 5.5, Thuram 5.5, Legrottaglie 6.5, Montero 6, Camoranesi 5.5, Zambrotta 6.5, Tudor 6, Appiah 6.5, Davids 6.5, Nedved 6.5, Del Piero sv, Di Vaio 7.5, Trezeguet 6, Birindelli sv.

LA STAMPA: Buffon 6, Thuram 6.5, Legrottaglie 6.5, Montero 6.5, Camoranesi 6, Zambrotta 6.5, Tudor 6, Appiah 6.5, Davids 6.5, Nedved 6.5, Del Piero sv, Di Vaio 7, Trezeguet 5.5, Birindelli sv.

CORRIERE DELLA SERA: Buffon 6.5, Thuram 6.5, Legrottaglie 6.5, Montero 6, Camoranesi 5, Zambrotta 6.5, Tudor 6.5, Appiah 6.5, Davids 6, Nedved 7, Del Piero sv, Di Vaio 7, Trezeguet 5.5, Birindelli sv.

LA REPUBBLICA: Buffon 6.5, Thuram 6, Legrottaglie 7, Montero 5.5, Camoranesi 5.5, Zambrotta 6, Tudor 5, Appiah 6, Davids 6.5, Nedved 7, Del Piero sv, Di Vaio 7, Trezeguet 5, Birindelli sv.
which website did u get all these ratings? :cool:

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
++ [ originally posted by the phoenix ] ++
I was having the same thoughts about Davids, he didn't seem so agressive as he normaly is. I don't really think it has anything to do with Davids wanting to play for Roma next season rather I think he was acting the way he was to get under the skin of Lippi and Moggi with regards to his contract and what not. Just his way of returning shots for what he may believe to unfair treatment towards him.
AKA as Sucking UP :eek: ;)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Davids wasn't sucking up to anyone. He has played like this for the past 3 matches and it was evident in all 3 matches that he is out of form, though he did play well against Roma.

Something else about Davids, yesterday they showed an interview he made after the match and he was saying how a player to get back in form needs space to play in the team. Then he was asked what his future was, and he replied (quite annoyed) saying "I'm no magician, I cannot know the future". To his merit he also said that playing in the Juventus jersey was and still is a big honour for him.

After this, a video camera caught him by himself near the Roma coach chatting and laughing with the Roma players. Who has Italia Uno and saw Studio Sport yesterday knows what I mean :cool:

I'm glad the juve fans know better than the Lazio fans. In fact the Roman supporters are booing and whistling Stankovic for not signing a contract, and it's influencing his form. Our fans are better cos they are trying to help him out.

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Juvey ] ++
i think lippi did a big mistke by changing treze and keeping di vaio in the front alone...:( :( :(
yeah, i agree.. that made it easier for the defenders to go forward without any risks.. and BAM, one of them scored.. :angry:

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
After this, a video camera caught him by himself near the Roma coach chatting and laughing with the Roma players. Who has Italia Uno and saw Studio Sport yesterday knows what I mean :cool:
:(

my_hitzJUVE

Dec 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Juvey ] ++
i think lippi did a big mistke by changing treze and keeping di vaio in the front alone...:( :( :(
i think lippi has made a correct decision.........keep trezegol upfront is just wasting since i can see that he 'never' touch the ball for the entire 2nd half...

what he can do is introduce Biri to support midfield and di vaio as well as in defence....

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Davids wasn't sucking up to anyone. He has played like this for the past 3 matches and it was evident in all 3 matches that he is out of form, though he did play well against Roma.

Something else about Davids, yesterday they showed an interview he made after the match and he was saying how a player to get back in form needs space to play in the team. Then he was asked what his future was, and he replied (quite annoyed) saying "I'm no magician, I cannot know the future". To his merit he also said that playing in the Juventus jersey was and still is a big honour for him.

I'm glad the juve fans know better than the Lazio fans. In fact the Roman supporters are booing and whistling Stankovic for not signing a contract, and it's influencing his form. Our fans are better cos they are trying to help him out.
It's obvious, you may have noticed in the match too that whenever a Roma player was tackled and was on the ground Davids ran towards him to check-up on him (especially captain Totti) .. Davids didn't use to do this against Roma before and not against any other team as well .. But I admit that he was very professional and played well ..

Davids and Roma are denying the fact that they have already agreed on a contract because it would be illegal .. only before 6 months of his current contract can a (free agent) player negotiate and join another team .. Davids still has around 9 months before his Juve contract expires, and it is rumoured that Davids already agreed to join Roma in the summer and thus refused to join Chelsea in a lucrative deal .. that explains why he was dropped and Moggi was angry towards him .. but Moggi then realised the fact that he couldn't do anything about the situation and in the end the only way Juve are going to benefit from this is to use Davids to his full potential until his contract expires with Juve ..

About the fans it is correct, Juve fans cheered for him and there are still banners for him in the Delle Alpi .. when he came in for the first time against Chievo to substitute Camo the whole fans went crazy for him ..

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by my_hitzJUVE ] ++
i think lippi has made a correct decision.........keep trezegol upfront is just wasting since i can see that he 'never' touch the ball for the entire 2nd half...

what he can do is introduce Biri to support midfield and di vaio as well as in defence....

I mentioned this in an earlier post .. but I believe substituting Treze was a mistake because with only 1 attacker (Di Vaio) the Roma defenders were able to attack upfront and add pressure without worrying of leaving spaces behind and Zebina scored the equalizer because of that .. as for Birindelli, I don't think he touched the ball either .. but with Treze at least the Roma defenders (Zebina and Chivu) would've stayed inside their box so that they don't risk a 3rd goal against them ..

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Btw Sensi just said that he will bring Davids to Roma in June on a free transfer, and he's 100% sure of this.
:LOL: Sensi never ceases to amuse me...

he was pretty sure he'd get Legro and Ciro too :p:D

I'll only believe it once it happens...

I hope Moggi says that we're definitely selling Davids, because that means we'll keep him :thumb: :D

juvefan

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by my_hitzJUVE ] ++

But if he keep trezeguet and keep attacking Roma, Zebina will not come forward and shot that goal :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)