SERIE A: Juventus - Roma (7 Viewers)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Last night's match was a 'classical' Serie A match, highly tactical but still entertaining. Too much happened between Lippi and Capello, and for every tic there was a tac. It was like Lippi and Capello were playing chess together, and Lippi was waiting and ready for Capello's next move.

But I believe the 2-2 results was a fair result as we dominated the first half and wasted alot of chances while Roma had the lion's share of possession and chances in the second half.

We have to thank Totti for being off-form as he missed no less than 5 chances (3 from outside the box and 2 from inside) that he would normally score with during any other day of the week.

It's true that Lippi made a sort of 'grave' mistake towards the end when he substituted Birindelli for Treze. Birindelli wasn't used and he only sit back. Without Trezeguet, Roma's defenders were free to move forward without risking to let in a goal and that is exactly what happened when Zebina moved forward for the first time in the match and scored the equalizing goal from a strong shot outside the box.

Even though we were leading for most of the time, but I would say that the result isn't really bad. Most of you predicted a defeat as Roma were in rich form. Even though the top 4 have now the same number of points, but it seems that us and Roma have played the strongest teams up to this early point:

Roma - Udinese (A), Brescia (H), Juve (A).
Juve - Empoli (H), Chievo (A), Roma (H).
Milan - Ancona (A), Bologna (H), Perugia (A).
Inter - Modena (H), Seina (A), Sampdoria (H).

Flash moment of the match - Camoranesi embarassing Lima everytime he moved forward, Di Vaio scoring moments after coming in.

Trash moment of the match - Roma equalizing, Del Piero's injury.

About Del Piero it's so sad that he got injured, especially that he was in a good form. But remember that during times like these that Miccoli and others should stand-up and be seen. Let's not forget that during last season, Del Piero was also injured for 2 months but the squad responded well and won all Serie A matches during that time.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Well, hopefully, this season we have good reserves to do the job.

Di Vaio and miccoli will have the opportunity to assume the responsability ans be the attack of the team.

NOw camo-dv-miccoli will be in the same line up. IMO this looks good.

We were lucky that this DP injury shocked with relatively "more easy" games to us, and maybe he will be back against real sociedad in delle alpi. We must face olimpiakos in greece first.
So calm down people....lets see what Divaio and Miccoli can do, now that they have tthis long-waited opportunity.

Hopefully del Piero will be back in one month. Hopefully.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by BloodOnMoral ] ++
A question : didn'y anyone of you had the impression that the second goal was scored directly by Nedved and with no implication from Di Vaio :) ?
Man, what's with the Juve players squabbling over goals this season? :p

Hey, those Totti-DP pics make me like Totti that tiny bit more... what's that captain's armband made of? It looks pretty rigid... I thought it was just cloth... man i notice the weirdest things...

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
Last night's match was a 'classical' Serie A match, highly tactical but still entertaining. Too much happened between Lippi and Capello, and for every tic there was a tac. It was like Lippi and Capello were playing chess together, and Lippi was waiting and ready for Capello's next move.

But I believe the 2-2 results was a fair result as we dominated the first half and ........
Yeah we dont need to be depressed now. We lost brcause a combination of tacticals decition and a unworthy free kick (first roma goal).

Trzeguiet had a bad day, although he participated in the first goal,,, the ball almost never reached his foot, and in the second half we almost not attacked...so he was useless

BUt the team itself did really well. Anfd Divaio showed that when dp is not around, he can help us to in matches,,,the same with Miccoli.
Remembred their partnership in the pre - season?? well it seems like we will be able to see this partnership again, but now for real.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
From what I've hard, it seems that despite the unlucky scoreline and leading the match for so long, we actually could have lost, if not for a nice save by Buffon and some sub-par finishing...

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
From what I've hard, it seems that despite the unlucky scoreline and leading the match for so long, we actually could have lost, if not for a nice save by Buffon and some sub-par finishing...

yeah, we could have easily lost...because we wanted to secure the game,,,and let all the attack opportunitys to roma. BUt in the first half,,,when the order was to attack,,,the teampushed the roma side very well,, and forced them to do silly mistakes and ugly passes. IN the second they regained confidence, and it became very difficult to us,,,more after tyhe trez susbtituton.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Ohh, and I forgot to mention Zambro's contribution last night. He was awarded the captain's armband after Del Piero left and he didn't disappoint. He fought for every ball and did his best. He would make a great 'Juve' captain one day :touched:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I honestly think he may become our captain. Damn good player, he only looks like improving :strong:

Does anyone know what our formation at the end looked like?

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Meow ] ++

The slow motion replay showed that DV's toes touched the ball and kinda of diverted it into the net.

But i was wondering would the ball still go in even without that touch....:confused:
Thank you for being the only one to notice my post and answer it ;)

I thought exactly the same. I wished that would have been Nedved's goal.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
i think treze did pretty well in the 1st half .. he was like answering all his ctics when he run after balls and hold it up and lay it to other player.. i think the 2nd half lippi tried to control more and thats why treze sees lil of the ball

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
i think treze did pretty well in the 1st half .. he was like answering all his ctics when he run after balls and hold it up and lay it to other player.. i think the 2nd half lippi tried to control more and thats why treze sees lil of the ball
:cool: that's really good to hear, I hope he's a little more active in the team play, surely one of his coaches would have had a word to him and asked him to chase after balls and work a bit harder :)

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
i think that also depends heavily on the tactics.. i noticed trezege will involve more in the game if we play 4312 compare to when we play 4231... anyway as you said, if lippi truly unhappy with Treze's workrate he would have surely talk to him about it during training... IMO in 4231 , lippi dont want trezege to move around much..

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by BloodOnMoral ] ++

Thank you for being the only one to notice my post and answer it ;)

I thought exactly the same. I wished that would have been Nedved's goal.
I really wanted that goal for divaio ;)

He will need confidence to assume the attacking responsability of the team in the next month.

For Nedved, im nor worried at all,,,he slowsly will regain his former self.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Luckily Miccoli will be available from this week so we shall be covered. Anyway latest reports say that it's more like 45 days rather than 30 days, which would mean 6 league games and 3 CL matches.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
What?¿¿

thats too much!!. Oh My!, when del Peiro said "im injured" is minum for 2 months. It seems loike all this continous games affacted him after all.

Hey what formation we will use now?? ;)

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
What?¿¿

thats too much!!. Oh My!, when del Peiro said "im injured" is minum for 2 months. It seems loike all this continous games affacted him after all.

Hey what formation we will use now?? ;)
I think they will no changes in the current formation..

-----------------------------buffon

----------------legro--------------montero/tudor

thuram-------------------------------------------------zambro

------------tacchi/appiah-----------appiah/davids

camo----------------------------------------------nedved

-----------------------------------------miccoli

--------------trez/DV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)