[Serie A] Juventus - Reggina (60 Viewers)

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by archaon ] ++

he should have scored 2 .. the second one parryed by panucci, btw has anyone seen the cut on cufre .. i think it's season end for him
if it is a compund fracture(open fracture) then it is the end for him
but if it a cut wound only then he will be back within 2-3 weeks

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Dr-Juve ] ++

if it is a compund fracture(open fracture) then it is the end for him
but if it a cut wound only then he will be back within 2-3 weeks
nah i dont think it was an open fracture, the legs form remained unchanged,
i believe it was a superficial wound made by the football shoes,
it will just leave a scar

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Quality wise Nesta-Stam is better than Thuram-Canna.Thuram and Cannavaro are currently playing better because of the chemistry they share.

Nesta and Stam actually comprise of a near perfect combination,one's an intuitive sweeper who tackles like nobody can and posseses near Maldini-like ability to read situations and mark his man.The other is a huge stopper who's unbeatable man-on and in the air,with bags of experience as well.Both are comfortable with the ball at their feet,tall,and simply put are the best defenders in the world,at least individually.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Incorrect denco. Indeed I have used stats to prove different things, making sure that I pointed out how Zlatan has assisted on many of our goals. However you cannot really judge based merely on statistics; you must look at the broad scope of things, how each player has played throughout the season. So you are completely wrong to say that I base all my judgements about Ibrahimovic and Del Piero purely on statistics.

Ibrahimovic has impressed me much more than Del Piero this season because to me the former has been involved with the play more often and actually helping our cause more than Del Piero; that is, if you look at the whole scope of things, not just goals. I am not saying that Zlatan has been better this season because he has more assists, rather, because overall IMO he has given more to the team, having better performances than Del Piero. It's not just based on statistics denco.

Furthermore the fact "Del Piero is the most decisive player in Serie A" does not give the public a good idea of how Del Piero has actually played during this season, so I find it misleading. Just because a player is the most decisive does not mean he's the best. That was the only point I was trying to make with my post.

Indeed, he has spent less time on the park than Zlatan, however that is irrelevent to deciding which player has played better, of course not using statistics in this case. IMO over the course of the season Zlatan has been the better player, giving better performances than Del Piero. Over the past few weeks Del Piero has started to come to life and is currently playing better than Zlatan, however the latter was impressive over the weekend.

So you have got the wrong man denco.
When someone says this player has been the most decisive in a competition it does not necessarily mean that he is the best it surely means he has scored the most decisive goals in that competition as goals are the ones that decide matches not how well or otherwise you are playing

Everyone knows Dp has not been the best player in seriea as you and your cohorts have not failed to remind everyone how badly he has played in matches and how for the good of Juve he has been subbed whether he is having a good game or not

Noone and the quote itself never said Dp has been the best , just the goals have been the most decisive as he has always scored at very opportune times for Juve while others have scored hattricks when victory has been assured but not necessarily decisive.

By the way how are you right when you say Zlatan has been a better player if he as a striker has scored less when he has been given far more time on the pitch?

The same way a Dp fan is not right in saying Dp has been the better player just because he has scored more, its just about opinion, nothing is fact , its justr the way we all watch football

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
By the way how are you right when you say Zlatan has been a better player if he as a striker has scored less when he has been given far more time on the pitch?
Again, you must look at the broad scope of things here. Ibrahimovic has created more, become more of a presence on the pitch in certain matches, and seemed to be involved in the matches more as well. Don't want to have to look over all the goals that DP has scored and tell you what sort of goals they were. So again its not only about goals or assists.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Again, you must look at the broad scope of things here. Ibrahimovic has created more, become more of a presence on the pitch in certain matches, and seemed to be involved in the matches more as well. Don't want to have to look over all the goals that DP has scored and tell you what sort of goals they were. So again its not only about goals or assists.
Do we play the ball through midfield or do we pump balls forward? Do we have a cretaive player in the midfield that determines the way we play or do we have Cannavro and Thuram pumping the ball forward whereby we bypass the midfield? Now if we play the ball mainly in the air who is more likely to be involved in match play out of the 2 of them? I am not sure what you are getting at when you say the type of goals Dp scores as Zlatan has hardly scored a blinder this season and if you are refering to penalties, well those penalties gave us 3 points instead of 1, against both Atalanta and Roma recently and that would have put us 4 points behind Milan not of equal footing

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Do we play the ball through midfield or do we pump balls forward? Do we have a cretaive player in the midfield that determines the way we play or do we have Cannavro and Thuram pumping the ball forward whereby we bypass the midfield? Now if we play the ball mainly in the air who is more likely to be involved in match play out of the 2 of them? I am not sure what you are getting at when you say the type of goals Dp scores as Zlatan has hardly scored a blinder this season and if you are refering to penalties, well those penalties gave us 3 points instead of 1, against both Atalanta and Roma recently and that would have put us 4 points behind Milan not of equal footing
It doesn't matter if the ball blasted up or down field, what matters is what each player does to obtain the ball and what each does when they have it. Now you're suddenly trying to defend a player's performance because the team is not helping him out with the proceedings on the pitch. Ibrahimovic may be much more suited for the style of play Capello uses, however each player has to do their part and no exceptions can be made of their performance.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++

Yeah, lets not forget also Maldini-Nesta.
I'd love to see Nesta-Cannavaro duo at Juventus :cool::cool:

3-4-3 (3-3-1-2-1):

----------------------------Buffon---------------------------
----------------Thuram---Nesta---Cannavaro----------
Camoranesi------Emerson/Blasi/tacchi----Zambrotta
-------------------------Nedved----------------------------
--------Ibrahimovic------------------Del Piero-----------
------------------------Shevchencko-------------------------

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
Nesta to Juve ,,,,, Noway he is not for sale bcuz they cant depend on a 65years old bold schizophrenic defender

but we can still make a deals with milan
they already bought some of Juves garbage
Inzaghi and Ancelotti

Apr 26, 2004
After a first half played at a moderate pace, Juventus build up in the second half and, after hitting the bar twice in three minutes’ time, they achieve the deserved win thanks to a splendid goal by Del Piero.

The match kicks off and the Bianconeri try to worry Reggina’s defence with the trident attack Ibrahimovic-DelPiero-Zalayeta but the opponents’ guard is high. The Amaranto get dangerous with Borriello firstly when his header, after a cross by Tedesco, calls Buffon into action (9’), then with his conclusion from the left side of the penalty box (17’) and finally on 29’ minutes when his header, after Nakumara’s corner, ends beyond the goalline. Capello’s side goes for it with Blasi’s shot from the distance, finally wide of Patarini’s goal (27’). In the last few minutes, Zalayeta’s conclusion from the edge of the box is deflected for a corner by a defender.

During the break, Capello replaces Blasi with Tacchinardi. The second half too starts with a moderate pace, then it’s Capello’s side to take control of the game and in three minutes’ time they hit the bar twice. The first on 14’ minutes with Ibrahimovic’s header served by Camoranesi’s cross shot, the second on 17’ minutes when Del Piero fires his conclusion from outside the box, after an assist by Zalayeta, who two minutes earlier had engaged Pavarini with a header. The deserved lead is taken on 20’ minutes: Zebina charges down the right, the ball gets to Ibrahimovic who serves Del Piero with a backheel, and the latter with a left foot scores (1-0). Juventus lead and try to double the score. Meanwhile Borriello on 25’ minutes tries to get dangerous for Buffon but the Bianconeri’s goalkeeper clears easily. On 33’ and 35’ minutes, two free kicks played respectively by Ibrahimovic and Del Piero both miss the target. In the final minutes, the Bianconeri manage to keep their advantage.

JUVENTUS-REGGINA 1-0
GOALS: 20'sh Del Piero
JUVENTUS: Buffon, Zebina, Thuram, Cannavaro, Zambrotta, Camoranesi, Emerson, Blasi (1'sh Tacchinardi), Del Piero, Ibrahimovic, Zalayeta (33'sh Pessotto). Manager: Capello. Substitutes: Chimenti, Ferrara, Montero, Birindelli, Appiah.
REGGINA: Pavarini, Cannarsa (41'sh Boudianski), Franceschini, De Rosa, Zamboni, Mesto, Nakamura (36'sh Esteves), Mozart, Tedesco, Colucci, Borriello (30'sh Zeytulaev). Manager: Mazzarri. Substitutes: Soviero, Piccolo, Cosenza, Missiroli
REFEREE: Messina
YELLOW CARDS: 25'sh Zamboni
SPECTATORS: 21.198
GATE TAKINGS: 403.031

Apr 26, 2004
“It was the worst first half of the whole championship. We were not concentrated, we did not have the right approach to win. Then we talked during the break and in the second half it was another Juventus.” Fabio Capello is clearly satisfied with the win over Reggina, but he cannot but underline that his side’s first half was not that brilliant. On the opposite, in the second half Juventus woke up and played his game: “We got on the field with a different approach – he said – In the first half we continued playing with sideways passes, without determination, while they were defending with 10 players, leaving only Borriello upfront and not letting us find much room. We played the second half with another determination, like we had on the goal occasion, with Zebina charging down the right, Ibrahimovic’s backheel and Del Piero’s shot. It was a fast game we were not capable of doing in the first half.” Insisting on the trident attack has finally paid: “It has. What is important is that everybody can help in the defensive phase. Zalayeta played a good match, sacrificing himself and covering the whole playground. Ibrahimovic and Del Piero played an extraordinary game, they hit the crossbar twice and set up the goal, playing very well together. Particularly Del Piero has played a great match” The second half played by the Bianconeri is a very good starting point for next fixtures: “This squad is always there in the decisive moments – Capello explains – Paradoxically, it is harder to prepare matches that are less complicated on paper, especially when matches with National teams are approaching and it gets harder to find the proper concentration. It is unconscious. 12 of them are now going to leave, we hope they’ll get back as soon as possible.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 60)