[Serie A] Juventus - Reggina (1 Viewer)

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by simpson-juvefan ] ++
Del Piero: “Let’s go on this way!”

A crossbar hit, first, then the winning goal. Alessandro Del Piero is the author of the precious win over Reggina, which he comments on like this:”The first half was not good, we were under par, but in the second half we caught up and this is a positive fact. After all, it was understandable to decline psychologically. Hitting the crossbar was really bad luck, fortunately I got even scoring the goal. And now we have to go on this way, waiting for good news from Rome tomorrow night”

:thumb:
seems someone else will support roma tonight :LOL:

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Cronios ] ++
cap is better than trap but he isnt a modern coach
Oh yes he is, in terms of zonal marking etc. When Sacchi's tactics created a whole new generation of football coaches, Trap just couldn't evolve.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
I haven't given my notes on this match yet.
The whole team didn't move well in the first half. Gave up space for Reggina to place and be dangerous which was not the wisest thing to do. Thank god we were lucky, PLUS we have SUPER MAN (Buffon) who managed to bring out some seriously tough saves.
During the second half juve started moving better. It was a wise change to replace Blasi with Tacchinardi. Not that Blasi wasn't doing a good job, but more of the match needed someone like Tacchinardi. Someone capable to slowing the opponents attacks not force them to run faster (if you know what I mean). Plus we needed someone to hold the ball longer.
Camoranesi started moving more because tacchinardi was stabling the midfield more. Which caused more balls and chances of play for our forwards. Our forwards were a bit cold. Their spirit extremely went up after Zlatan header hit the cross bar.
Then it was Del Piero's marvelous shot that hit the cross bar again. This was the team firing trigger to push forward and it woke up all of our players. Zebina takes an attack from the right , passes to Zlatan, who with a genious mentality and broad thinking passes the ball to Alex who was clever enough not to fall on offside and scored.
Then it was Alex's turn to entertain the crowd. He showed everyone around the globe a HOW TO: MAKE PLAYERS FALL ONE AFTER THE OTHER.
The worrying thing is that we gave up midfield for Reggina. So capello with a smart/predictable move pulled out Zalayata who was clearly out of form to place in a brilliant Pessotto.

NOTES:
1-I think the game was managed well by capello.
2-Ibrahimovic and Del Piero are getting along very well. Assisting each other to score. This shuts up all the people who stated that there were problems between Alex and Zlatan. For a finisher and an assist striker to learn how each other move is something much easier than two assist strikers learning each other. Thats why it took so long for them. PLUS injuries of DP and other issues kept this field bonding process very slow.
3- Buffon did great.
4- Cannavaro was shaky at the end of the game, but I think that he wasn't feeling well due to a knock on his back. The last 15 min everytime the cam came on Cannavaro he was holding his back.
5- Del Piero keeps on performing well. This shuts up all his critics. I watched the first half of Roma Vs Milan and other Milan games, when Kaka doesn't play well noone comes and bash him on the media. If Del Piero miss control a ball he is bashed. This is none sence. As Juve supporters we should stand behind him, support him, and not accept bashing on him. He is our captain, and I couldn't be more proud of him.
6- FORZA JUVE.

Well thats my opinion.

arc

Mar 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by ZAF3000 ] ++

hey atleast Crespo scored a goal.. For me thats a good thing STRIKERMANIA :D:D
he should have scored 2 .. the second one parryed by panucci, btw has anyone seen the cut on cufre .. i think it's season end for him

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by ZAF3000 ] ++

hey atleast Crespo scored a goal.. For me thats a good thing STRIKERMANIA :D:D
I haven't scored double-digit score for a long time. :D

Count on Roma to win? Pls. They will only turn the football game into a rugby game, wad more can u ask from them?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Player ratings from Gazzetta:

Del Piero 7.0
Buffon 6.5
Ibrahimovic 6.5
Cannavaro 6.0
Emerson 6.0
Pessotto 6.0
Tacchinardi 6.0
Zebina 6.0
Camoranesi 5.5
Thuram 5.5
Zambrotta 5.5
Blasi 5.0
Zalayeta 5.0

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Is it just me, or is it impossible 99 times out of 100 to seperate Thuram and Cannavaro's performance in every match? I find it extremely difficult to give or take 0.5 from their respective match ratings. It's great they they're so in tune with each other :touched:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)