[Serie A] Juventus - Reggina (1 Viewer)

Apr 26, 2004
A crossbar hit, first, then the winning goal. Alessandro Del Piero is the author of the precious win over Reggina, which he comments on like this:”The first half was not good, we were under par, but in the second half we caught up and this is a positive fact. After all, it was understandable to decline psychologically. Hitting the crossbar was really bad luck, fortunately I got even scoring the goal. And now we have to go on this way, waiting for good news from Rome tomorrow night”

Buy on AliExpress.com

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by ZAF3000 ] ++

I'd love to see Nesta-Cannavaro duo at Juventus :cool::cool:

3-4-3 (3-3-1-2-1):

----------------------------Buffon---------------------------
----------------Thuram---Nesta---Cannavaro----------
Camoranesi------Emerson/Blasi/tacchi----Zambrotta
-------------------------Nedved----------------------------
--------Ibrahimovic------------------Del Piero-----------
------------------------Shevchencko-------------------------

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
awesome:)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

It doesn't matter if the ball blasted up or down field, what matters is what each player does to obtain the ball and what each does when they have it. Now you're suddenly trying to defend a player's performance because the team is not helping him out with the proceedings on the pitch. Ibrahimovic may be much more suited for the style of play Capello uses, however each player has to do their part and no exceptions can be made of their performance.
Oh really? I have seen you say that if Trezeguet was at Roma he would score 30 goals a season no problem with the chances that Totti and Cassano create for Montella when you were trying to prove that Trez was better , meaning that Trez does not get enough chances cos of the way we play but the fact that a kind of midget like Dp would find it more difficult when balls are played in the air does not matter because it helps your argument.

You see you do this all the time, saying things to suit you but then going completely the opposite with your own arguments when its time for you to issue blame

Fact1, you cannot get into any form of rhythm if you keep getting substituted no matter how you are playing

Fact 2 it does your ego no good to be benched and players you feel you are better than are playing because they are bigger than you

Fact3 if the way your team plays is not too your strenghts, you tend to suffer

At Milan, Sheva's performances suffer when they play with he and Inzaghi cos he has to go to the wings and he is no where as effective there but to you , it shouldnt matter.

Anyways the only reason I pointed you out, is because the article said Dp was now officially the most decisive player in SerieA but you took exception to that saying it is misleading.
My question to you is why is it that you see it fit all the time to underplay his importance?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Excellent post, denco. He's right Andy, you've said in the past that Trezeguet is a better player than Montella but the latter is only prospering because of the players he plays with and how they play. To then go on to say that the fact that our style of play doesn't suit Del Piero is irrelevant is rather contradictory.

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Cronios ] ++
but u dont mind nesta between canna and thuram dont u?
that would be the best defence in the world plus buffon backed
yes i do mind! :(

i don't want ANY milan player in our squad!!!!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Oh really? I have seen you say that if Trezeguet was at Roma he would score 30 goals a season no problem with the chances that Totti and Cassano create for Montella when you were trying to prove that Trez was better , meaning that Trez does not get enough chances cos of the way we play but the fact that a kind of midget like Dp would find it more difficult when balls are played in the air does not matter because it helps your argument.

We're not talking about Trezeguet here; we are comparing Ibrahimovic and Del Piero, two similar players of different stature. If you were following along with the discussion we're not talking about strikers in general, only these two respective players. Both take roles of picking up the ball and moving with it in attack, something we know Trezeguet cannot do. To compare their two roles is pretty much a waste of time because we know Trezeguet cannot pick up the ball outside the box and take on defenders, we field him because he's a deadly finisher.

I see the point you're trying to make, however it's not like the ball is always in the air with our team. With Del Piero's technical ability he can easily bring the ball down with defenders around him, so I'm not worried about that. Sure he has a hard time going up against big strong defenders for air balls, however that's not the main scenario all the time. We have a player like Zlatan who can bring the ball down, then lay it off to Del Piero if need be.

Again, I'm not comparing all strikers in what each should be able to contribute because everybody has their strengths and weaknesses. You can't expect players to do something they can't, and we know that Del Piero is not going to win headers up top. He's in there to give the team creativity in attack and provide neat passing plays, as well as some goals. You say that Zlatan has the advantage in our team because of the style we play, so does that mean Del Piero has been the better player? But as I was saying I don't hold it against Del Piero that he cannot win many ariel challenges, and what matters is what each player does with the ball when he has it. That's the only thing we're discussing here.

++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
My question to you is why is it that you see it fit all the time to underplay his importance?
I'm not trying to under play hist importance in the team because I have said thousands of times we need him to win anything this year. Don't put words in my mouth to help your own arguements.

All that I said was people were looking too much into the statistic piece "most decisive player in Serie A." It's misleading because some could interpret that as "best striker in Serie A." All I wanted to do was clear that up. He wouldn't be the most decisive player without the help from his teamates, especially with what they have done to set Del Piero up this season.

Apr 26, 2004
“A play-off to win the title would be great for the show but I don’t think that players, both in Milan and in Juventus, are much interested in the way the question will be sorted out. What matters is that the Scudetto is won by one’s own side.” Lilian Thuram likes to talk about the race between Milan and Juventus.

The occasion to have a chat with the defender is the Player of The Month award, which was given to Lilian at the Juventus Store in Turin, at Via Garibaldi. “At the moment, the two teams keep winning – he continued – and none of them is going to give up, until the end. The first one who makes a mistake, however, will pay a high price. I hear people say that Juventus is more practical, while Milan is more resourceful than us but I don’t think this is true: they play a different kind of game, which is more based on ball possession but if both club have reached the same level at this point of the race it means that both are strong and equal.

I think this is the reason why some people are thinking about a title play-off, yet when it’s 9 matchdays until the end”. When he was asked about the face-to-face match being decisive or not, Thuram answered: “No, I don’t think it will be. Before the match at the San Siro there are still many matches to play and each of them may change something in the table. Just look at the match against Reggina: we played the worst first half of the season and it was not easy at all to gain the three points. First we have to win all the matches, starting from the one against Fiorentina, and then we can think about the match against Milan.”

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
MaTT30, there is no need to top a one month old thread with a completely unnessecary, incoherent sentence in what seems to be some kind of English.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)