[Serie A] Juventus - Reggina (81 Viewers)

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Obodo is suspended for match against us, he got yelow card in first half of match against inter
I also heard that Maresca is injured so maybe they will have some midfield problems against us

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Erkka ] ++

:rolleyes: No we don't, they don't use goal difference to seperate teams in Serie A.

Yes, this game was in the bag all the way. Capello's tactics aren't attractive, but hey, at least it brings us points .

Why?! I can't see anything wrong with it. Yeah, I wouldn't mind at all if we played more attractive football and took as much points as we do now, but this team is made for these "boring" displays. I really don't give a shite about it, only points matter to me.

You put it nicely. :thumb: To be honest I believe that next season's Juve is going to be very different compared to this. I've got faith that next year Capello is going to use his 'own formation': 3-4-3, but that's another story...
Pardon me, but YOU'RE FULL OF CRAP !!! (and I'm not talking about Capello, either !!)

This game wasnt in the bag, did you even watch the game ??

Reggina had their chances, and were dangerous until the end .....

I bet you said the same thing during the Cagliari and Parma games, too....

Juve89

The Farmer
May 27, 2004
The first half sucked for Juve we didn`t manage to create good chances however Reggina had a good first half producing some good chances and with a little more finishing skills had we been 1 maybe 2-0 under after the first half.
But juve played good in the second half producing alot of chances and they where very near to score,and they played a faster type of football. IMO Reggina played a bad secon half,they had some chances but not many and the ones they had wasn`t so big but again if they had a little more finishing skills would they score......We deserved to win this and we can and should say thank you to both Alex and Buffon:)

OP
Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #851
    Why the anger Vinny?

I am also a supporter of the end justifies the means. If it gives us points all the time, then let's be boring.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Erkka ] ++

Why?! I can't see anything wrong with it. Yeah, I wouldn't mind at all if we played more attractive football and took as much points as we do now, but this team is made for these "boring" displays. I really don't give a shite about it, only points matter to me.
    No. One of these days we will be playing half-arse and will get caught out by some mid-table side like Fiorentina. If we keep giving minimal efforts like this one of these days luck will not be one our side and we'll drop points because we were not playing hard enough. That's why I don't like the sound of your sentence.

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by chxta ] ++
    Why the anger Vinny?

I am also a supporter of the end justifies the means. If it gives us points all the time, then let's be boring.
    I'm not angry at all ...... I dont think he's being honest, OR, he doesnt watch the games

It doesnt give us points all the time (Cagliari, Parma, Palermo, Messina, etc)

This is why I think Cap is a little too much like Trap....

and look what happened to him..............

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

No. One of these days we will be playing half-arse and will get caught out by some mid-table side like Fiorentina. If we keep giving minimal efforts like this one of these days luck will not be one our side and we'll drop points because we were not playing hard enough. That's why I don't like the sound of your sentence.
    That is exactly what I'm afraid of too.............

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

Pardon me, but YOU'RE FULL OF CRAP !!! (and I'm not talking about Capello, either !!)

This game wasnt in the bag, did you even watch the game ??

Reggina had their chances, and were dangerous until the end .....

I bet you said the same thing during the Cagliari and Parma games, too....
    :D Your free to think that I'm full of crap, I don't mind.

Yes, I watched the game. And yeah, they were dangerous but who cares, they didn't score!! Real Madrid were pretty dangerous too when we played against them, but we still managed to win. Yeah, with this kind of tactics we might lose few precious points in the last minutes of the games, but we would lose more if we kept attacking.

Have you been this agressive all the time when we've played like this, I mean the Agnelli's principal?!

"The end justifies the means", nicely put chxta.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

I'm not angry at all ......

It doesnt give us points all the time (Cagliari, Parma, Palermo, Messina, etc)

This is why I think Cap is a little too much like Trap....

and look what happened to him..............
    Vinnie, you are right to be uncomfortable the way we are playing, but to compare Capello and trap is not fair for Don Favio.
    We are still leading serie A
    We are advancing in CL

An the major responsible for this is Capello....like him or not.....

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002

Del Piero has been good, but not great. He earns the title "most decisive player in Serie A" from the use of statistics. I just don't want people to get the wrong impression from this terminology.
    Wow, were you not the one who use stats to tell us that Zlatan was our most effective striker with his so called assists. Damn, you should practice what you preach as you have this habit of doing exactly what you criticise others of doing. We have 67 points or thereabouts but i guarantee you that Dp was decisive in getting a lot of those points. Would i be wrong in saying he is our leading scorer in the league and he has spent probably have the time on the field that Zlatan has, but unless he parts the red sea, he gets little credit from his detractors.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
    Wow, were you not the one who use stats to tell us that Zlatan was our most effective striker with his so called assists. Damn, you should practice what you preach as you have this habit of doing exactly what you criticise others of doing. We have 67 points or thereabouts but i guarantee you that Dp was decisive in getting a lot of those points. Would i be wrong in saying he is our leading scorer in the league and he has spent probably have the time on the field that Zlatan has, but unless he parts the red sea, he gets little credit from his detractors.
    right

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
    Incorrect denco. Indeed I have used stats to prove different things, making sure that I pointed out how Zlatan has assisted on many of our goals. However you cannot really judge based merely on statistics; you must look at the broad scope of things, how each player has played throughout the season. So you are completely wrong to say that I base all my judgements about Ibrahimovic and Del Piero purely on statistics.

Ibrahimovic has impressed me much more than Del Piero this season because to me the former has been involved with the play more often and actually helping our cause more than Del Piero; that is, if you look at the whole scope of things, not just goals. I am not saying that Zlatan has been better this season because he has more assists, rather, because overall IMO he has given more to the team, having better performances than Del Piero. It's not just based on statistics denco.

Furthermore the fact "Del Piero is the most decisive player in Serie A" does not give the public a good idea of how Del Piero has actually played during this season, so I find it misleading. Just because a player is the most decisive does not mean he's the best. That was the only point I was trying to make with my post.

Indeed, he has spent less time on the park than Zlatan, however that is irrelevent to deciding which player has played better, of course not using statistics in this case. IMO over the course of the season Zlatan has been the better player, giving better performances than Del Piero. Over the past few weeks Del Piero has started to come to life and is currently playing better than Zlatan, however the latter was impressive over the weekend.

So you have got the wrong man denco.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004

Playing with full capacity even against the small teams just isn't possible with our squad that certainly lacks depth. There are much more important matches ahead, so it's almost inevitable to save players' efforts.

++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++

Vinnie, you are right to be uncomfortable the way we are playing, but to compare Capello and trap is not fair for Don Favio.
    We are still leading serie A
    We are advancing in CL

An the major responsible for this is Capello....like him or not.....
    Eaglesnake captured the most important part, as usual.
    It's hilarious to compare Don Fabio with Trapattoni, who hasn't really got success after Sacchi's "revolution". Capello is an excellent, modern coach, while Trap WAS an excellent coach.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 81)