SERIE A: Juventus - Parma (1 Viewer)

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #83
    Playing Davids could be dangerous because he may end up sucking since he hasn't played in such a long time. I'd play a midfield of Appiah-Tacchinardi-Maresca and let Davids play instead of Maresca in the Coppa game.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #84
    @Lac: I know that Davids has to play to regain form, but this match is too important for that.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    Why does Edgar Davids have to play in all the games with the subs? He is still a world class player and I know he has to regain form and all but Lippi should rotate him more with Appiah... I know Edgar wont disappoint!

maresca14

Dec 12, 2003
    we all know the reason why davidz isnt being played...hes basically leaving by the end of the year as a free agent. But i dont see why he should be left out and not use him...i think this is wrong ....hes been a great player at juventus and one of the key players to our success in recent years...trust me everyone admires davidz no matter what!
    i think that moggi and co. way of keeping him on the bench for the rest of the season as a punichment for him not signing or wanting to stay here next season is so unprofessional...i think we are handling the situation in the wrong way....if anything davidz is a great midfielder and much more experienced than tachi and appiah and maresca all together...but well it seems nothing is going to change....it certain that hes leaving!! and oh its a great lose to us ...just imagine him at roma or real madrid or chelsea !! hes gona show his real worth again....am not doubting our maresca or appiah...i believe they have what takes to handle a juventus tough midfield and responsibility...but davidz still have that thing they both can offer "EXPERIENCE"....well lets hope whoever is chosen this week against parma will perform and not loose balls and be boring !

2-1 juventus...(double for di vaio)

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
    I read what some Parma fans had to say and they think Di Vaio is a Traitor :groan:

It's not his fault that Parma decided to sell him.

anyway, forza Juve !

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    I think its gonna be a 2-1 for Juve!

DiVaio & Miccoli.

Giladrono for Parma.

And Maresca should start, his confidence is sky high. Its no point playing Davids if we're going to sell him neway. He'll just show us how much we'll miss him. :(

Aug 1, 2003
    I really wish Maresca could play, I mean, he's in good form and when will lippi EVER play him with the big boys? We should let him play in big matches to see if he can handle it. If he can't, there's always substitution.

I hope Appiah performs better this time.

juvelogy

Jun 26, 2003
    bdw, Maresca14 - i think the situation is different than what u think. Davids has NOT been frozen out of the squad like Pizarro of Udinese. He is still very much in Lippi's plans for this long and hard season where we play 45+ difficult games and we need about 17-18 players to do well, no just 11. No doubt that Davids will go in Juve (probably to Inter) but believe me, we are not unprofessional in any way with our behaviour. afterall, this is a club which prides itself on its professional approach. when Appiah was playing so well early in the season, nobody sort of cared. Also now, Maresca started playing like he has serious CL potential. So.........................................

Forza !!!!!!

maresca14

Dec 12, 2003
    juvelogy...i dont know man....but i think leaving out davidz out of the inter and lazio games which usually need those tough and expeirenced players wasnt a great idea...but i hope ur right and davidz wud show up in the starting line ups against big matches....i just think appiah is being pressured by taking davidz place right away and playing all those tough matches ...i dont think hes used to playing that much...am not saying hes not doing his job....am only saying that davidz should be playing ahead of him....i mean davidz man..many teams wud die to have a fighter like him in there team....hes our gattuso u know!!
    anyways....hope the parma match will be something great....JUVE KICK SOME PARMALATS :fero:!!

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #95
    Juve 2-1 Parma :strong:

goals from Di Vaio and Del Piero :thumb:

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    According to the latest training sessions, Lippi seems to have changed tactics as well as players expected to start the Parma match.

Lippi played with an unusual (3-4-1-2) formation in training.

The 3 central defender roles were assigned to: Iuliano (right), Ferrara (center), and Montero (left) with no place for Legrottaglie who is expected to warm the bench instead.

Zambrotta and Birindelli were given more attacking assignments on the left and right flanks respectively.

Central midfield consists of Tacchinardi and European-hero Maresca who looks like enjoying a fine form. Appiah and Davids are both - surprisingly - expected to sit out the match.

Nedved was back to training and is expected to be fully fit to face Parma tomorrow after recovering from the flu.

Upfront would be the dangerous duo of Di Vaio and Miccoli, with Del Piero relegated to the bench as the captain clearly needs more time to get back to his best levels. A second half appearance is expected for him.

Other players to make the bench are: Chimenti, Pessotto, Conte, Camoranesi, and Zalayeta.

In the press conference leading to the match Lippi has pinpointed the following Parma players as danger men: Gilardino, Morfeo, Marchionni and Bresciano.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #98
    That's a very interesting line-up, but I would have Legrottaglie starting ahead of Montero. Apart from that, I like Lippi's new plot.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Has anyone ever thought that maybe Davids hasn't shown enough in training to warrant more playing time in the more important matches?

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Lippi switch up some of those midfield positions to get Davids some time. And if it means that Camo has to sit, oh well. If there's anyone else who seems like he doesn't want to be here more than Daivids, it's Camo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)