SERIE A: Juventus - Parma (3 Viewers)

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
PLAY DAVIDS, LIPPI !!!!!!!!!!
Agree! :thumb:

The formation will be + or - the one LEC posted.
Camoranesi, Montero, Le Grottaglie and Del Piero out.
Well it's one week that we repeat they suked, if we all noticed is normal that Lippi did it too.
What to say... Juliano is not such a garanee and DV and Micco are IMO not so well assorted, but a change is needed and who is playing better has to be in the field.
Anycase is a pity to have 3 grate second foward and just one (and often injured) striker (El Panteron is not good enought to be caled striker).
And especially is a pity to have a grate MF like Edgar and never use him...

Buy on AliExpress.com

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
good looking line-up. but i'd rather see legro in stead of montero.....plus montero played during midweek already.

since it's against parma (not that they're not good) + IN delle alphi....nothing but a win is acceptable IMO

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++

I doubt that our 3-4-1-2 will work as well as Roma's because:

1. Our back three isn't as good as their's.
2. Our wing backs are Birindelli and Zambrotta, Roma have Mancini and Lima.

If Lippi wants to use this tactic in the future then he definitely needs a couple more quality defenders and an upgrade to Birindelli, ie. Massimo Oddo or Andreas Hinkel.

yeah.. as i said we are short in the wingback department... mainly becoz the team was specifically build for four back system

but this is the first time Lippi would do away with his back 4 ideology and this would be a great start for me...and if the rumour thet we are getting Oddo next year come true....:thumb:

btw, i thot Hinkel is a fullback...ala Thuram... anyone would comfirm that...:confused:

Aug 1, 2003
hey thats a cool formation.. 3-4-1-2 and yeah legro instead of montero! :)
------------------------------------------
Lippi: "Attention and strength"
13 12 2003

Lippi (La Presse)
"Attention and strength": these are the Marcello Lippi’s worlds to the team the day before the match against Parma. Lippi changes the players again.

"I’ll choose the players that are in the best shape - he said – it will be a tough match; the Prandelli’s team is one of the favourite with very strong palyers as Gilardino, Morfeo, Marchionni and Bresciano.

"In these days I saw a good Juventus; the win in Champions gave us more confidence”.

Without Trezeguet and Thuram, injuried, Lippi has some problems with Nedved not at the best yet (“he will play surely a part of the match”). The coach is supposed to give chance to the players that are well”.

www.juventus.com/en/news.html

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
I hope we can get back on track in Serie A. It's going to be an interesting game. Finally I can get to see Maresca in a big match.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by kaizer ] ++
i think it's zalayeta....
Yes he is ;)

++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
isnt zala loaned out?
No he still in Juve, but he isn't so trustable to start in a big matchs like this one so Lippi when Treze is out prefer to play with 2 second fowards... He is ok just 4 not important matches or easy matchs.

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
isnt zala loaned out?

what ?! please tell me you're kidding;;

if not... that comment will remind me never to take your word seriously as far as football and Juve are concerned.

Unless you've been living under a rock, how can a person who follows Juve not know that Zalayeta is still at Juve ? HE even played AND SORED vs Olympiakos.

:rolleyes:

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #132
    Lippi: No more star names
    Sunday 14 December, 2003

Marcello Lippi has called an end to the rotation system and claims only the players on top form will play against Parma this afternoon.

“From now on only those who are at the top of their game will play,” warned the Juventus Coach.

The first man to make way will be captain Alessandro Del Piero, who is taking his time to fully recover from a calf strain.

Marco Di Vaio, Fabrizio Miccoli and Enzo Maresca should start against the Gialloblu after their fine performances in the 7-0 demolition of Olympiakos midweek.

“I can no longer keep my promise of letting everyone play one of every two games. After the Lazio defeat I decided to change my ways and field only those who were on form and that will be my policy from now on.”

The tactician had defended the rotation system despite criticism from the press, but that Champions’ League performance changed his mind on the issue.

“We have some players who really are doing well right now,” he explained, “and it would be a shame not to take advantage of that. Above all Maresca can give something very important to the team.”

The former Piacenza midfielder was Man of the Match against Olympiakos as he scored one and had a hand in four of the other goals.

David Trezeguet and Lilian Thuram are out until the New Year with ankle injuries, so Juve may adapt to a three-man defence with Mark Iuliano, Ciro Ferrara and Paolo Montero.

Gianluca Zambrotta would be returned to his more advanced role on the left flank while Pavel Nedved supports Italian internationals Di Vaio and Miccoli.

“Parma have an excellent squad packed with promising young players,” assured Lippi, “and they like to take advantage of every gap on the field.”

The Gialloblu have won here only once, a 4-2 result that forced Lippi to resign in 1999, but he is hoping the visitors are superstitious.

“Parma should fear us,” he joked. “After all, the three teams that beat us recently – Inter, Lazio and Galatasaray – were all knocked out of the Champions’ League.”

Pavel Nedved will be in doubt until the last minute after suffering from a bout of flu, but the Czech star has picked up another award.

Croatian magazine ‘Sportske Novosti’ voted him Player of the Year with almost double the number of points earned by runner-up Paolo Maldini.

Juventus (probable): Buffon; Iuliano, Ferrara, Montero; Birindelli, Maresca, Tacchinardi, Zambrotta; Nedved; Di Vaio, Miccoli

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #133
    ++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++

yeah.. as i said we are short in the wingback department... mainly becoz the team was specifically build for four back system

but this is the first time Lippi would do away with his back 4 ideology and this would be a great start for me...and if the rumour thet we are getting Oddo next year come true....:thumb:

btw, i thot Hinkel is a fullback...ala Thuram... anyone would comfirm that...:confused:
    Hinkel is a very speedy, skillful, attacking right wing back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)