SERIE A: Juventus - Parma (5 Viewers)

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #102
    @Glenn: About the limiting the number of goals we're conceding thing, yeah, I agree. We're practically playing with five defenders and a non-attacking midfielder with this formation, but it could probably work since we still have plenty of fire power with Maresca, Nedved, Miccoli and Di Vaio in the line-up. I hope it works. Forza Juve.

PS. I'm disappointed that DP isn't in the starting XI, but at the same time I know that Miccoli and Di Vaio deserve their places more than Alex does.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Stuart, I'm kinda glad that he isn't actually. He can come on if we're struggling and at this point I have a feeling he can do more damage off the bench than starting. At the same time it's a good chance for Maresca and Miccoli to have a try, they'll be playing a young team, players with a lot of talent but little experience, just like themselves. :)

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #104
    Yeah, I know that DP's performances of late don't merit a starting place, but you always wanna see your favourite player on the pitch as often as possible, even when he isn't on form.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    Its good to have players like divaio and Micco, who can back p DP in this situations. Doi Vaio is a box of surprises, but usually performs acceptably, and Micco always seem to give avreage performances.

About a post in the last page.... It seems that Maresca will start... i agree with it because he is in good form and deserve that spot for this game.

:)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    With Thuram out until January, any news whether they are going to bring up anyone from the Primavera squad for added defensive depth?

I'm not a big fan of birindelli, and the fact that he could get worn down if he's playing all these matches doesn't exactly put me at ease.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    3-4-1-2 :eek:

that is my dream formation... glad Lippi finally wanna give it a try....

IMO with this tactic our game play will be more open and less static...see AS ROMA

although we are kinda short in the wing back department..

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
    Jan 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++
    With Thuram out until January, any news whether they are going to bring up anyone from the Primavera squad for added defensive depth?

I'm not a big fan of birindelli, and the fact that he could get worn down if he's playing all these matches doesn't exactly put me at ease.

Worn down :confused:

Until January, we will only face Lecce in Serie A and Siena in the Coppa .. as for replacements we can play one of the defenders (Ferrara, Fresi) as right-back ..

I think we could be unbalanced in the Parma match .. Zambrotta is expected to go forward on the left and 'eat' Bonera alive .. whereas Birindelli will defend more and stop the pacey Junior on the right ..

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #112
    ++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
    3-4-1-2 :eek:

that is my dream formation... glad Lippi finally wanna give it a try....

IMO with this tactic our game play will be more open and less static...see AS ROMA

although we are kinda short in the wing back department..
    I doubt that our 3-4-1-2 will work as well as Roma's because:

1. Our back three isn't as good as their's.
    2. Our wing backs are Birindelli and Zambrotta, Roma have Mancini and Lima.

If Lippi wants to use this tactic in the future then he definitely needs a couple more quality defenders and an upgrade to Birindelli, ie. Massimo Oddo or Andreas Hinkel.

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #114
    You think that Birindelli and Zambrotta are better attacking wing backs than Mancini and Lima? Zambrotta is better than Lima, I'll give you that, but inferior to Mancini. Birindelli on the other hand, is inferior to both.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
    Apr 19, 2003
    Well no matter how we play,i believe in our guyz and Lippi.(though 3-4-1-2 looks very interesting).
    GO JUVE AND GET THAT NEDDED WIN!!!:fero::fero::fero:
    Forza JUVE!!!!!!:cool:
    see ya all till thursday.

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
    thats a great line up man. IM LOVING IT! Cant wait to watch the game tomorrow. Finally Lippi is playing players on their current form and not just the image that sorrounds them. FORZA JUVE AND MARESCA!

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
    i think juventus will play like that:

----------------------------buffon-----------------------------
    -----------------ferrara--------iuliano-----------------------
    birindelli-----------------------------------------zambrotta
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    ------------------------tacchinardi----------------------------
    appiah------------------------------------------nedved-----
    -----------------------maresca-------------------------------
    ---------------di vaio---------------miccoli-------------------

injured: trez: 1-2 weeks, tudor
    fitness problems: thuram

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    3-4-1-2 with Ciro, Montero and Iuliano in the back ?? No thanks........

IMO, Davids is better than Appiah, from strength to ball control, Davids blows him away !! He's not gone yet, and our recent shortcomings in midfield PROVE that we need Edgar out there.......

PLAY DAVIDS, LIPPI !!!!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)