[Serie A] Juventus - Cagliari (3 Viewers)

/usr/bin

Excellent
Mar 6, 2005
Holygr4le said:
Isn´t Mutu a bit overrated?
I mean why is it so obvius he should have a place in the starting 11. On witch other players behalf?
Is he a great player? Yes.
Has he been somewhat mistreated? Yes.
Should he have a place in Juves first 11? I really don´t know...
A clearly under-performing Nedved or a motivated Mutu?

I know which one I'd pick..

/usr/bin

Excellent
Mar 6, 2005
Holygr4le said:
True.
But then again, we do not se how they perform in practice and if Capello see things we don´t.
Yes, but we've seen him play on the pitch, and it's obvious that he's in better form than Nedved, and produces a lot for the team..

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Jeeks said:
Now you will say this is a stupid thing to do and I will give you a point of view on why it is not stupid. Trezeguet is a striker, a hunter like no other, his instinct is unique and he knows how to get the goal. What does he do other than that in the game? Basically nothing. Now he is on top form, thus his value is very high and this is the maximum price that you can get for him. What if he gets injured, or goes off form soon, his value will drop drastically.
Word. I've been saying this always but some people reply me with the howler smiley, seems not all of them think the way you do Jeeks.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Jeeks said:
Inter don't want to buy him and cannot afford paying this much at the moment. Madrid would buy them (he will not do them any good), Arsenal need him and can buy him, they haven't bought any expensive player in a while.

Why not, let him leave..he might get injured, no one knows. And this player stinks when he gets injured.

Barca were also keen on him, dont know If they're still Interested so far Henry isn't signin a new deal with Arsenal.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Jeeks said:
And you think trez isnt serving the club well enough? LOL, whats next.....lets sell buffon to real, then we will be rich, and who needs him anyway, we dont need buffon machine, if abbiati is doing his job well:D

Let me replace only name in your comment:

Why do you hope it won't happen? Buffon won't get any better than he is now and his value will start deteriorating. Another thing is that the clubs want him at this moment, so why not take advantage. Think of what we can get with his money....:D

Ok, just joking, but still....by that logic.....looks like you are more after money then players....

I want to see this juve generation to have success together.....not something like, ah, lets sell trez, think what we can buy for that money....

It seems you did not understand the point of selling Trezeguet. He is serving the club damn well and he is one of my favourite players that I have seen. However, this is a strategic transfer, same as Zidane. We all got sad when he was sold, but we got Buffon, Thuram and Nedved for his price. Selling him for a big amount of money is good for the future of the club.

You said I am more after money than players. Well money buys players and money is good for the club. Hate to disappoint you, but the game has become more money dependant than you can imagine.[/QUOTE]

The thing with Buffon Jeeks is that I wouldn't mind selling him ATM, But too bad we don't have many other options....Buffon is the best Golie ATM. Unlike Trez, there are several strikers who can do the Trezegoal Job. I wouldn't sell David If there wasn't a better replacement.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Azzurri7 said:
The thing with Buffon Jeeks is that I wouldn't mind selling him ATM, But too bad we don't have many other options....Buffon is the best Golie ATM. Unlike Trez, there are several strikers who can do the Trezegoal Job. I wouldn't sell David If there wasn't a better replacement.
But the right question is "Is Cassano a right replacement for Trez??"

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
i understand the point that you are making jeeks but the same scenario can be applied if juve sell trez for his highest value and use this cash to bring in maybe three new quality players like before( zidane sold, buy thuram buffon and neddy)
but these new players fail to settle or get serious injury while trez continues his current form and scores loads for his new club.

basically no one knows when injury drop in form etc will occur, you are also correct in saying trez does very little other than score, while players like dp zlatan
mutu and cassano are more involved in general play and have more assists and still score their fair portion of goals.

put simply if juve are in a tight match needing a goal and the opposition are suffocating juve players like dp zlatan cassano can be frustarted when nothing is working out for them and their usual goal to chances ratio is something like one goal from 4 or 5 chances, whiel trez probable has a ratio of 1 goal from every 2 chances.

in matches like liverpool last season juve needed trezegol as he can score a goal out of nothing. his general play doesnt affect his confidence in front of goal, as when Dp and zlatan are having a poor game with many missed passes etc when they get that goal chance they miss it.

if trez stays injury free he will be key to juve quest for silverware, whatever about selling him in the summer to get money to buy new wingers and centre backs i would be all against selling him in january

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Eire said:
i understand the point that you are making jeeks but the same scenario can be applied if juve sell trez for his highest value and use this cash to bring in maybe three new quality players like before( zidane sold, buy thuram buffon and neddy)
but these new players fail to settle or get serious injury while trez continues his current form and scores loads for his new club.

basically no one knows when injury drop in form etc will occur, you are also correct in saying trez does very little other than score, while players like dp zlatan
mutu and cassano are more involved in general play and have more assists and still score their fair portion of goals.

put simply if juve are in a tight match needing a goal and the opposition are suffocating juve players like dp zlatan cassano can be frustarted when nothing is working out for them and their usual goal to chances ratio is something like one goal from 4 or 5 chances, whiel trez probable has a ratio of 1 goal from every 2 chances.

in matches like liverpool last season juve needed trezegol as he can score a goal out of nothing. his general play doesnt affect his confidence in front of goal, as when Dp and zlatan are having a poor game with many missed passes etc when they get that goal chance they miss it.

if trez stays injury free he will be key to juve quest for silverware, whatever about selling him in the summer to get money to buy new wingers and centre backs i would be all against selling him in january
Me too.It is early to do something like that and if we sell him for the right price,let it be ariund 30 Mil Euro,we would not have an adecvate replacement(finisher).

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
do you think balzeretti did enough to convice cap to give him a try in serie a at the weekend, hope cap will not hold mutu's reaction against him and still start him against cagliari. it looks like abbiatti will play, and i doubt gigi will then be thrown in away to lazio the following weekend, maybe the home game against siena gigi will make his league comeback although you never know maybe this weekend.

abbiatti/buffon

zambrotta thuram kovac cheillini

mutu vieira gianichedda/emerson nedved

trez zlatan

maybe il puma will be fit but if he is not 100% no need to risk him.

vieira is due a big performance.

think Dp will get 20-30 mins to try and finally break the record

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
Balzaretti played few good games but I think that it is far from convincing Capello that he is good enough.Good thing is that Capello gave him a chence to play against Rapid(to feel C.L atmosphere).I think that Capello has a trust in Chiellini.
So your starting line up is the probable one.
I think that Gigi won't show up,but no need to risk him a lot,because Abbiati is doing a great job.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Trezeguet is perhaps our most important player in attack because he is our only natural goalscorer and when we are in the midst of a scrappy game in which both sides are playing tight defensively...the only break we will get is a half chance in which we need someone to be at the right place at the right time. Trezeguet has been that player time and time again for us, finishing almost every chance he gets while not having much service at all. With our style of play in which we really do not create many opportunities, Trezeguet is the player we want spearheading our attack. If we decide to sell Trezeguet we better have a fantastic goal poacher already in our ranks..

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
giovanotti said:
But the right question is "Is Cassano a right replacement for Trez??"

No, not Cassano, he's more like Ibra style.

If It was up to me, I'd hunt the likes of Gila.....still young, can finish, talented, great future.

Anyhow we still have time ahead of us, I just want trezeguet to keep on his Form and to keep on scoring and help us to clinch our 28th Scud....and probably our 3rd Champions League.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
selling trez would be a majorly bad move,sure we would get money for hm,we would get a plyer or two for the money we got but trez has the one commodity that money cant buy...a poachers/strikers instinct,trez will gwt goals in any team because he does not need many chances to hit the net. his strike ratio must be phenomenal as he rarely wastes chances. a cassano dp or zlatan will need many more opportunities to score than zlatan and looking around europe there are not many poachers around who could adequately fill trez's boots well enough to justify selling him

italian_stylez

Feb 27, 2005
RochemBeck said:
Trezeguet is perhaps our most important player in attack because he is our only natural goalscorer and when we are in the midst of a scrappy game in which both sides are playing tight defensively...the only break we will get is a half chance in which we need someone to be at the right place at the right time. Trezeguet has been that player time and time again for us, finishing almost every chance he gets while not having much service at all. With our style of play in which we really do not create many opportunities, Trezeguet is the player we want spearheading our attack. If we decide to sell Trezeguet we better have a fantastic goal poacher already in our ranks..
Spot On, Trez has some games where he touches the ball once, and scores the winner, he never drops his head if hes playing a bad game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)