[Serie A] Juventus 5-1 Sampdoria, Oct 28th, 2009 (2 Viewers)

Juve - Sampdoria [Matchday 10] - Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Grygera

• Chiellini

• Cannavaro

• Grosso

• Sissoko

• Melo

• Camoranesi

• Diego

• Giovinco

• Amauri

• Poulsen

• Trezeguet

• De Ceglie

• Ferrara

• The whole TEAM

• BLOOM!!!

• Cassano

• Jean-Claude Blanc

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I think he will fight fire with fire. Our defense is stronger IMO than theirs, plus our midfield is more physical, if we can keep the offense from getting the ball by constantly putting them under pressure and momo/melo are on form destroying we should be fine. Man mark cassano like teams do to diego and we should be fine.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
General question here:

How many of you would man-mark Cassano in this game and who would you select to do it?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I wouldn't man-mark him. How about you?
I'm not sure, but I'd be tempted.

Problem is, I can't figure out how I would set the team up to do it (whether to use a defender or a midfielder to do the marking).

If I wasn't going to be playing a specific marker, I would definitely be playing Sissoko right-ish to help the right back.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007

Problem is, I can't figure out how I would set the team up to do it (whether to use a defender or a midfielder to do the marking).

If I wasn't going to be playing a specific marker, I would definitely be playing Sissoko right-ish to help the right back.
I agree about Sissoko, that's what I'd do. Although, Cassano doesn't just play from the left. He goes down the right sometimes too.

I suppose Sissoko would be the obvious candidate to man-mark him but does he have the discipline? Poulsen perhaps? He wouldn't play otherwise though. Cannavaro has the discipline but he would be beaten for pace every time by Cassano.

It's extremely unlikely to happen but what would you say to someone just man-marking him (not playing any position), like Chico did for Almeria against Xavi?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I agree about Sissoko, that's what I'd do. Although, Cassano doesn't just play from the left. He goes down the right sometimes too.

I suppose Sissoko would be the obvious candidate to man-mark him but does he have the discipline? Poulsen perhaps? He wouldn't play otherwise though. Cannavaro has the discipline but he would be beaten for pace every time by Cassano.

It's extremely unlikely to happen but what would you say to someone just man-marking him (not playing any position), like Chico did for Almeria against Xavi?
Well that is what I was asking in my original question.

Poulsen would be my choice, if I was going to man-mark.

Sissoko isn't disciplined enough and is needed elsewhere, while Cannavaro is needed to organise the defensive line.

All things considered, I probably wouldn't man-mark Cassano to start with, but I possibly would if we had a lead going into the last half hour or so to try and close the game out.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
or we can send in Tiago and lock him the bathroom.

low and behold we don't have to worry about fuckface for the rest of the game

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003

I wouldn't play with a specific man marker as well. The thing with Cassano is that he has a free role behind Pazzini and that makes it difficult to man mark him. Sissoko must be conscious of him if he drifts to the left and camo the same if hes on the right ( camo is pretty good at tracking back, so he can help grygera).

Another key for me is quickly shutting down Palombo. Most passes go through him in the middle and Diego, Melo and even the forwards must quickly close him down imo and that will disrupt their play. The first samp goal on Saturday was initiated by his pass to cassano. Hes their key man in midfield and we need to be mindful of him because he can pass the ball really well.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
we need to control the game and win it fromt he midfield

i think it would be smarter playing the

4-2-3-1
or perhaps the 4-3-2-1

maybe the latter is smarter

go with something like

camo-sissoko-poulsen
----giovinco--diego----
-----------amauri-------

let camo sit back a bit more and bring the ball up to the attackers, while sissoko and melo should just destroy all.

let camo be the link we need him to be, so we dont find diego and giovinco behind the ball all the time

camo just needs to track back

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
A 4-3-2-1 with Gio and Diego scheming behind a lone striker (probably Amauri) with Camo helping out from midfield would be ace. Melo and Sissoko would do all the necessary grunt work/winning back of the ball. Poulsen and De Ceglie shouldnt be anywhere near our midfield at the moment. I'd start Caceres over Grygera at the moment as well, give the lad an extended run in the team and let him develop.

We need a much, much better performance against Sampdoria. Every player has to step up and play with some fucking heart.

Our defence needs to be very alert as well, because if we have an off day, the likes of Cassano, Mannini and Pazzini will rape us. Violently.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)