[SERIE A] JUVENTUS 4-1 Parma (11-Sep-2011) (8 Viewers)

MoM

• Lichsteiner

• Pirlo

• Marchisio

• Del Piero

• Chiellini

• Pepe

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Its really not surprising that we played so well though is it? We played games of similar quality to begin our last two season. Only time will tell whether this team has improved or not. Good to see that our creative void has finally been filled with Pirlo. Absolute blinder of a game!

You can't blame our defense for that conceded goal. Pirlo and a number of other players were messing around with it and exposed us badly to that. Otherwise an almost flawless game. If we can get Elia and Krasic firing that will complement Pirlo extremely well.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Conte instilled some much needed hunger into this side.
And work ethic. I haven't seen our players work so hard in soooooooooo long.

The only negative being the arrogant display at the end when we were trying to 'barca' it up. That shit cost us a goal.

But fuck Giovinco, that little turd was shut down the whole game and was given a pity goal at the end. I hope his fanboys lick their wounds tonight.

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #665
    The goal we conceded ruined my party. I hope Conte gives them some harsh speech for this.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    This game was beautiful. We played great and something that I haven't seen over the past 5-6 years. Absolutely outclassed Parma and dominating victory full of confidence and DESIRE to win and trash the shit out of opponent. Great day for a new stadium, fans and everyone else.

Buffon - 6 He had some bad catches but he had no job really

Lich - 7.5 Absolutely great game for him. Right flank was shut down totally, nobody got past him and he even scored
    Barzagli - 7 Very good and a confident game. He must start ahead of Bonucci and today he just proved it
    Chiellini - 6.5 Looked solid
    De Ceglie - 5.5 Probably our worst player on the pitch next to Giach. He wasn't involved at all in attack and he didn't have much job in defense. In the end he just made the penalty and got himself a red card. Worst player today.

Giach - 6 Weak, very weak. He was invisible for majority of the match. When he got the ball he just passed back, so he did nothing. He reminded me of Taddei so hopefully it was just a horrible day for him because this was just awful.
    Marchisio - 7 His first half was very weak IMO. Parma's midfield was weak and fragile as hell, he did the dirty work, but that dirty work didn't even exist in his place. Our ball possession helped a lot. In the second half he was much better I think, especially when Vidal came in, he had an offensive role and made some great forward runs. The goal he scored was superb.
    Pirlo - 8 MOM without a doubt. His passes and vision are on the next level, it's just orgasmic to watch this guy. He wasn't marked today, he had a lot of space and he damn used it right to his master class.
    Pepe - 6.5 I didn't like his play at all. He had some pace but that's about it, aside from the goal scored. His crosses were pathetic

Del Piero - 6.5 A decent game and one assist. He didn't show much today.
    Matri - 6.5 Unlucky. That wasn't offside when he scored and he hit the post later. Overall he had a decent game, not bad.

--

Vidal - 7 Great. He covered Marchisio's back and he did good, plus he scored a nice goal. Had some sweet passes with Pirlo/Mirko. He's a great signing.
    Vucinic - Nothing special, had some good movement and classy moves, but didn't impress
    Krasic - Didn't show much, just a couple of crosses

Conte - 8

Apr 15, 2006
    Such a confident and crushing win. Just Wyatt we needed on the first day, and on our first match at the stadium. We should build on this. If we do, we'll be very strong. Especially with our full strength team.

Forza Juve!

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #674
    Conte read the game perfectly. He masterminded this whole thing.

Pirlo-Marchi worked perfectly in our first official match. I'm satisfied, one creates the other covers up for him. :tup:

Defensively we were too good as-well and I can smell Conte's touch there.

Offensively, I'm sorry for Matri's chance, wasn't a bad finish at all. Dp's 2nd half was class.

Giacchi did okay defensively but not much upfront.

May 22, 2007
    The performance really made me smile, a lot of it done in the way we should. Keep the ball on the ground, pass it around short and look for spaces. It's the reason Pirlo gets the man of the match away from me, haven't seen a player like that for Juventus in a long time with such accurate and delicate passing. I also liked how the team closed the opposition down instead of waiting for the opposition to approach them. It's still very early though, and we're still not at full strength. The stadium really adds so much to this club.

Few concerns still (don't call me a pessimist). The first 45 minutes I saw problems with the front four breaking down the Parma defense, lacked real creativity and they didn't gel with each other. In the second half it improved once the game was more open, but that won't always happen. De Ceglie red card was a bad ending. Giaccherini looks like he either lacks confidence or isn't properly aware of what he's supposed to do in the system, never really saw him try and impose himself on the game.

Aug 1, 2003
    that's the thing I enjoyed most. the DETERMINATION the team had, we looked hungry. all up until 90 minutes (91st momentary lapse of concentration and gio earns a penalty) - but on the other hand I am sure Conte will point this out and gives the team a good talking to.

Shixian

Sep 4, 2005
    i think the goal from giovinco is needed. it is to prevent ourselves from getting too big-headed for the rest of the matches. They need to go back and check how did it happen - a lack of concentration at the very end. I rather it happen now than to have the subsequent matches suffering from this lack of concentration.

But nevertheless, it is a great performance and i really love Vidal's and Marchisio's goals! :scarf:

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    Its really not surprising that we played so well though is it? We played games of similar quality to begin our last two season. Only time will tell whether this team has improved or not. Good to see that our creative void has finally been filled with Pirlo. Absolute blinder of a game!

You can't blame our defense for that conceded goal. Pirlo and a number of other players were messing around with it and exposed us badly to that. Otherwise an almost flawless game. If we can get Elia and Krasic firing that will complement Pirlo extremely well.
    I was just gonna say that. I agree but the one difference here (which is reassuring) is that the display today really did look like the product of what Conte has been trying to instill in these players. The fluidity, the work ethic, and as far as I can tell the 'juve' mentality of never giving up. The last though I hope wasn't artificial and it is something we'll hopefully see throughout the season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)