[Serie A] JUVENTUS 4-0 Sassuolo (Dec. 15th 2013) (5 Viewers)

MoM

• Vidal

• Pogba

• Asamoah

• Tevez

Results are only viewable after voting.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
It's impossible to suggest any season where you win Serie A is a failure. By definition it isn't. 2nd place however, even if it's by goal difference, now that is something to cry about.
Yea. You can get your last penny, that thhe guys cribbing about not wanting to win the league will be the first to complain if that doesn't mhappen. Thhe season isn't over for me, as overwhelming as the disappointment is at this point. I honestly hope we don't go in with a farcicial attitude in the Europa. We should go into it looking to go all the way. It'll add to our mentality in Europe. And maybe even allow us to gain more experience in crucial situations and understand personnel requirements better. The Serie a still remains top priority whether by conte's projection or the team's approach and perception. I hope Marrotta nd Conte understand their priorities in future mercatos a little better with regard to Europe.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Yep.

Great point guys. Let's cry failure and act like babies and hope the team does too. Fuck the league. We don't care about next years CL so we won't focus on winning the league.

:touched:

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I never said we should not focus on winning the league, you dumbass.

I'm saying it doesn't take much to actually win it. Seriously, read the posts.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I will complain if we don't win the league, but this season will still be underwhelming irrespective of whether we win Serie A or not. We were supposed to build on what we accomplished last season, and elimination at the group stage in Europe is simply unacceptable. Hence, we didn't improve. Thus, the season is a failure.

Let's say you get 93% on your exam, and the following year you score 88% on the same subject. By definition you haven't failed (as 88% is still a good score), but given your high standards you have inevitably failed, as in essence you failed to improve.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It's no fun when you're the only team worthy of winning it. Still, we'd have won something, and had we been eliminated from the CL in a different manner than we did, I'd have agreed with you.
Look, this CL stuff is hard to take, extremely annoying, but we can't undermine what a good team we have assembled and work we have done because of it.

I know it's become something of a cliché now but we don't have to think back far to when we would have given our right arms to even run the scudetto close. Now we really do take it for granted, and you will see that in the future when it doesn't work out for us domestically. It might seem mundane because winning Serie A feels like the status quo, but I remember how it feels to not win it.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Llorente at his very best, is an awful finisher. I won't pretend I followed Bilbao but I know several people who do. They all say the same. He's great at controlling the ball, he's creative, he can link up well but his lack of finishing simple chances has always been there

He's what? 28 now. You won't see his finishing improve significantly now. That much I can almost guarantee you.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Look, this CL stuff is hard to take, extremely annoying, but we can't undermine what a good team we have assembled and work we have done because of it.

I know it's become something of a cliché now but we don't have to think back far to when we would have given our right arms to even run the scudetto close. Now we really do take it for granted, and you will see that in the future when it doesn't work out for us domestically. It might seem mundane because winning Serie A feels like the status quo, but I remember how it feels to not win it.
I love winning the league. I don't like the way we play in Europe. We're not versatile enough. Our whole approach is wrong and we don't seem to be doing anything about it. When I see this team choking so hard in Europe and then lifting the Scudetto when competing with much, much weaker opponents than us just don't it that much for me. It's no use comparing these days with the past.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I will complain if we don't win the league, but this season will still be underwhelming irrespective of whether we win Serie A or not. We were supposed to build on what we accomplished last season, and elimination at the group stage in Europe is simply unacceptable. Hence, we didn't improve. Thus, the season is a failure.

Let's say you get 93% on your exam, and the following year you score 88% on the same subject. By definition you haven't failed (as 88% is still a good score), but given your high standards you have inevitably failed, as in essence you failed to improve.
It can never be underwhelming to win silverware. I think we are all spoilt by what we've achieved over the last two seasons. This team if it regains it's young core of players will continue to grow and do something important in Europe over the next couple of seasons. But the attitude to approach it with, is by going for the Europa with a positive attitude and focusing on the domestic league. It may give us a false sense of belonging to the prestigious few clubs, but it wouldn't be too far off the truth, if we just implemented certain ideas, rather than question our quality and achievements, which have by no means been easy seeing what we have not very long ago.

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Llorente at his very best, is an awful finisher. I won't pretend I followed Bilbao but I know several people who do. They all say the same. He's great at controlling the ball, he's creative, he can link up well but his lack of finishing simple chances has always been there

He's what? 28 now. You won't see his finishing improve significantly now. That much I can almost guarantee you.
Llorente has almost 100 goals in the last four season(-last season and this one). How is he a "awful finisher"

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Llorente was the focal point of their attack, had a team built around him and was playing against some truely woeful defences.

He can score goals out of nothing, but he constantly screws up simple chances.

Hell, nevermind Bilbao. Just look at all of the 1v1s and close proximity shots he's completely screwed up in the last few months. He bottles it in such situations time and time again.

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
had a team built around him
Nope. Not even close.

and was playing against some truely woeful defences.
Oh, the La Liga defence argument again.

Hell, nevermind Bilbao. Just look at all of the 1v1s and close proximity shots he's completely screwed up in the last few months. He bottles it in such situations time and time again.
He has had one 1v1 this season.

Sure, he misses. That happens when you rare play for a whole year.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
A) Llorente was by far and away the main man, so, so many attacks went through him

B) Just because an argument is common, doesn't mean it's wrong. La liga defences are shocking.

C) His finishing has been piss poor for the most part for us. And that is vintage Llorente. Can't take easy chances but can sometimes smash one in out of nothing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)