[Serie A] JUVENTUS 3-2 Marco Motta (10/04/2011) (6 Viewers)

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
I watched this game in a relaxed fashion without any pressures & when we went 2-1 down I knew my Sunday was done & dusted. The rest is history & I can't stop giggling like a school girl. It's been very long since I got so much satisfaction from a Juve match. Not to forget the move of the game .... if only Krasic tucked it in in the top left corner :D

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I saw hints of Lo stilo Juve resiliance in this game. Nice to see. And oh, Pepe played well, it needs to be pointed out, its that rare.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Hopefully, HOPEFULLY, Delneri learns never to use the useless Marco Motta ever again. What an utterly hopeless footballer, basically cost us two goals today.
This has been the trend all season. Even if Motta screws up badly, he finds a way to return to the team.

I don't expect that trend to change, even though Sorensen might start next time.

vevenom

Feb 2, 2011
I forgot to say................................................ For the first time this season....
THREE WINS IN A ROW!!!!! :delpiero: :theflag:

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
a truly disgusting performance...when set against what my heart, which doesn't think, it just feels, assumes is JUVENTUS...for too many years have I been treated to too much quality, too much heart, too much spirit...and watching this JUVE, makes me...angry, vicious, aggressive, to anyone within range. They could be asking me something as simple as 'can i borrow some milk, mate?' and i will reply, after watching such a first half of Juventus, 'fuck this, fuck you, fuck everything and everyone...'...how long has it been?? since every victory didn't feel like a loss??

I can see the dilemma of Marotta, of those above him...for I truly cannot say whether its the players or the manager, who is to blame, for such atrocities committed in the name of a once mighty legion of warriors.

I was ranting at my mother earlier on, who is visiting me here in Melbourne, on a long distance trip from my homeland, England...the essence of my angst was that for near to two decades, its been my English team, Gillingham, who have given me the woe, and my italian team, Juve, who have given me so much pleasure. The tide has turned. The fat lady has sung...loudly, proudly and putridly.

On quality and clear cut chances, we should have lost this game.

QUICK FIRE RATINGS:
Storari...beyond blame...6
bonucci...solid in the tackle, but positionally, he is shocking. absolutely shocking. zero marking ability, for a fucking centreback...sell him. 4
barzagli...conspicuous by his absence, intelligent enough to keep out of obvious trouble, but neither did he impose himself...4
motta...twat. its madness that he is still a starter. so many people moaned about Grygera, but I ALWAYS said he is nothing offensively, but competent defensively. Motta is simply...not a footballer. Watching him get wholesomely outpaced for their second goal was painful...The facts are that we have Grygera, and also Sorenson. Now the czech is NOT our future. I understand that...but lob the ball down our right flank, and if i have to choose who would defend it, Motta or Grygera...the czech goblin wins everytime. As for sorensen, he COULD be the future. defensively he is miles ahead of Motta, and he seems also more useful offensively. why o fucking why del neri perseveres with Motta is beyond me, and a final nail in his coffin...2 ( i was so happy when he was subbed)

MArchisio...put himself about, made plenty of useful tackles, passing consistently satisfactory, i hope for more from him, but i was happy with his showing...6
Melo...interesting that he was subbed, as he had seemed his usual beastly self in the tackle, and in terms of bossing the midfield...also more eager and capable with the ball at his feet than his playmaker comrade in the middle, Alberto...i am glad he is back...6
Krasic...absent without leave. nothing of use...part of this i can attribute to genoa constantly doubling up on him, which in turn, allowed pepe to seem better than he is, as he had space. but still...a truly quality player, regardless of two people covering him, at least 50% of the time, still does something special...his talent shines through, even in flashes, the dark clouds of double defending. i saw not, even one flash...4
pepe...worked like a trojan. his effort alone deserved the massively deflected goal he amusingly claimed. should never be a starter for a top european team, but as things stand, for us, he MUST start...purely because he makes things happen, and never gives up. I am still rather bothered by what i see as our NEED to sign him, but i doff my virtual hat towards him, for this performance...6.5

Matri...Very little to work with in the first half...but when his chance came..fuck...wonderful. More than mere hints of a striker with world class finishing skill. Yes, he should have scored more than one...but still...his movement, his passing, and that finish, deserve applause. One of very few players we have in possession of at least, sterling class quality. 7

SUbSSS
Sorenson...much quicker than motta, much more dependable one on one than motta, equal or more impressive going forward than motta...why the fuck is motta starting??? one or two misplaced passes do not in any way lessen the fact that before his entrance our right rear flank was unguarded, and once he appeared, it was more likely a source of offensive endeavour, not defensive ineptitude...its about time we unearthed a true gem. for his age, for his progression...he merits a 7.

Martinez...nothing. its a shame really, becauce i liked him at catania...he was a little mental, and often scored dramatic goals. I alwys enjoy that kind of player. However, everything has gone horrible for him at Juve. Its nonsense to cast him aside as 'awful'...even though, today, like many times this season, he was awful. he has quality, but for reasons i cannot pinpoint, he has shown none of it in a juve jersey. Injuries??? the move to the biggest club of his career weighing down too heavily upon his shoulders??? i am sure they have played a part, but mainly...i see the problem with martinez as down to his deployment. At catania, he seemed much more like a wide left wing forward. eager to cut in, with wicked pace, and score...with us, he has been asked to play a left midfield role, to tackle back and cover as much as attack. Some players are ONLY useful offensively. Martinez is one of them. I feel sorry for the chap...for not only has he been asked to play in a position which is not at all natural for him, he has also had to deal with playing in front of our worst area, the LEFT BACK ROLE....so, out of position, no assurance behind him...no wonder he has shown zero...still, rating...1

toni...
i give del neri no marks for this, and toni, at least a 7...his goal was gloriously taken, the man retains mammoth strength and an instinct for an opening. should have made the game safe late on, but he is far from fully fit, and lacking match sharpness...and he scored our winner. buon lavoro, luca...actually...7.5

(i forgot Traore, and am too stoned now to scroll up)...
traore...pace, but not much else. his crossing leaves a lot to be desired. his covering and defending in general is based mainly on his pace. too much a liability. seems nervous and lacking grit. 3

Del neri...
after last week, i can understand WHY he stuck with a similar formation...not just because we won, but mainly because of injury and fitness issues in the squad as a whole. Still, i would have preferred a 4-4-2. and marchisio was far too often central for me to see anything but an obvious 4-3-3.

with two wingers playing, its best to have 4-4-2 or 4-5-1...I was watching Man U last night, and with solely berbatov in attack, they were fun to witness. 4-3-3 with two players whose best work is always done on the wings, is not clever.

his substitutions were fine.

we were lucky.

The above may seem harsh to some people, but only to people who are content with us as a 4th-7th placed team, and perhaps also those who have only really married the club in the last year or two. Those fans, who like me, have been following the club for a decade or two, are suffering constantly...even when we win.

Jun 13, 2007
Can anyone remember the last time we won a game 3-2 after lagging behind at one point?

Was it all the way back when we beat Deportivo 3-2 with Tudor scoring the third?

Jun 13, 2007
As for the game. I thought were in shambles defensively, as usual. We could have easily thrown the game away on too many occasions thanks to some laughable defending, but in the end, we deserved to win.

Storari 5.5 - Can't be blamed for either goal.
Traore 3.5 - Adds nothing to this team.
Bonucci 4.5 - Lost without Chiellini.
Barzagli 4 - Possibly his worst game since joining us.
Motta 1 - He couldn't even put in a fucking cross. Pathetic excuse of a player. Has no business wearing this jersey.
Melo 5.5 - Average performance. Hustled well.
Marchisio 5.5 - Like Melo, he hustled well and passed the ball around intelligently. But not one of his better performances.
Krasic 4 - He was a ghost today. He should have been taken off early on. He can be great at times but desperately lacks consistency.
Pepe 8 - I loved him in the second half. He was playing with a lot of passion and was one of our biggest threats going forward.
Matri 9 (MOM) - He gets man of the match for two reasons. 1. His goal was timely and world class; only the greatest in the world have that uncanny sense of goal. 2. He was by far out most consistent performer. Even when he had no service he would go to flanks, receive the ball, and try to make something happen. For me, he has the qualities of the perfect striker. He slighly reminds me of Milito last season with Inter. Matri is the biggest addition to this team and it will be a remarkable shame if we don't upgrade our midfield to make the most out of him. Fantastic player.

Subs:
Sorensen 6.5 - Solid as a rock. He might be 18 but his positional sense is light years ahead of Motta's, not to mention his abilities as a football player. I know that's not saying much, but apparently, Del Neri would beg to differ.

Toni 7 - He makes the difference for us tonight. Wonderful assist to Matri for the second equalizer just seconds after coming on, and excellent finish for the third. He positioned himself intelligently, his timing was impeccable, and his finish was class.

Martinez 5.5 - Didn't do much, he was put in to make a difference, but I would take a hot-and cold Krasic over this guy any day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)