[Serie A] JUVENTUS 3-2 Genoa (February 14th 2010) (1 Viewer)

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
This game we've been showing that Juve mentality and spirit thats been missing lately. We've played like shit at some points, but it's been refreshing.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
It was a very unconvincing v, but a victory nonetheless!
You do realize how important a victory can be against a decent team like Genoa, dont you?
It is really sad that we were not worthy of that win though and i m surprised that we were pushed again by the ref!! Is this a mockery push or a pity push?
Anyway, i m glad that Amauri scored and i hope that will help him step up!

As for the system, this looks like the 3-5-2, 5-3-2 i was expecting us to see for ages!
3 CBs, 2 wingbacks and 1-2 DMs can give us enough defensive coverage and if the fullbacks give us the necessary width and crosses, it might word better than our current system!

We dont have enough AMFs to field a 4-2-3-1 (besides our forwards are back)
We dont have wingers for 4-4-2 and our wingbacks are not that solitary defensively.

The 3-5-2 can be a very versatile scheme, easily converted on the field at:
5-3-2, 3-4-1-2 even 3-4-3, depending on our current needs.
How wrong you are. Playing Gio - Diego - Camo/Candreva would work a treat. 4-2-3-1 works on so many obvious levels it almost hurts to waste its potential by playing this stupid 3-4-1-2

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
That win wasn't convincing in any single way. Without the brilliance of Del Piero, we would have lost the match without a doubt because we were once again a disaster at the back. The formation deployed did NOTHING to insure the victory and probably aided the frivolous nature in which we defended. The only moments in which we did look good was when we scored from open play, the Caceres cross to Amauri and the Del Piero finish. Amauri also had a couple nice layoffs. But apart from that, we were poor. Very poor.

The only problem we solved today was finishing off chances, which we did brilliantly, thanks to the strikers. But the defense and midfield was still quite poor, along with how we don't really know how to play the 3-4-1-2, which isn't surprising. The defense gave up TONS of free headers in the box that would have been converted by a Floccari or Crespo, so Genoa squandered a ridiculous amount of opportunities. The back three was stretched several times and the supposed wingbacks were not always back to provide cover. And then through the midfield, we lacked what we always do in ideas and creativity.

So nothing has really changed. Once again we rely on Del Piero to secure results during poor performances, something that will dry up as his age wears on. If Alex goes missing next time around we will find ourselves struggling to achieve even a point, let alone have notions of "convincing wins."

This silly formation will come back to haunt us in the future because the players we have do not fit the system and they are not really adept at playing in it. This win could very well be another Napoli-like performance, with the next match resulting in disaster.

Buffon - 5 - One of his worst matches he's had, just because of the error.

Zebina - 5.5 - Not convincing as a central right sider.

Legrottaglie - 5.5 - Typical poorness.

Chiellini - 5 - Uncharacteristic mistakes, poor marking, somewhat at fault for the first goal.

Caceres - 6 - Got stuck in, put in a nice cross finally, but he's not a wingback.

Sissoko - 6.5 - As usual he put in good work defensively, and at least he didn't give the ball away as much as usual.

Candreva - 5.5 - Did very little out there in my view.

De Ceglie - 5.5 - Average stuff on the wing, still doesn't appear to have a role or know what exactly he's doing as a wingback.

Diego - 6 - Found some space and tried to make himself available, but I've seen better.

Amauri - 7 - One of his best matches this season. Great layoffs and good goal.

Del Piero - 7.5 - Very quiet in the first half, but saved us with a couple maneuvers in the second.

Marchisio - 6 - Put in decent work defensively.

Hasan - NA

Seba - :cry:
You're pretty much spot on when it comes to the botched formation. The back three is a sham. We have defensive problems as it is and three man defense?

You're ratings are for some, too flattering and for others, not enough.

Zebina didn't do too badly. I didn't see him make any bad mistakes he won the ball a few times.

Legro covered well and did everything he needed to do.

Chiellini was terrible. He made a fair amount of mistakes one resulting in a goal. Poor, very very poor.

Candreva was a 5 for me. He didn't do anything at all, and this is coming from a Candreva advocate. He was just lazy all day.

Diego did an excellent job as usual and probably deserves a 6.5 or 7. He pushed the ball up, linked well on the wings and with Del Piero for that goal. That assist was magic and exactly what he needs to be doing. Imagine him with proper support and good a coach.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
A less than convincing win courtesy of the referee. Poor performance overall imo. Were still a very predictable side that lacks any sort of fluid play in midfield or organization at the back. We are nowhere near CL material and have been this way for months.

Of Zac’s 3 games, our most convincing match was against Lazio, which says more about the shitty-ness of our current set up than it does of our performance vs Lazio.

We are going nowhere with this formation. The team does not play any differently with this formation than it did with 4 at the back. The passing, movement, organization, etc is still desperately lacking, except now were left with more desperate defending, 1 less player in midfield capable of connecting things, and most importantly, excess responsibility is now being placed on the weakest area of our team (fullback).

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Not much to add, Andy and Cronios, and a few others summed up how I feel

The DP penalty wasnt a penalty, but at this point, I'm not going to complain over a blown call that went our way...how many times have they seem to go the other way ??

We played better today, no doubt about it, but the 3 man defense will not keep the ball out of our net, plain and simple. Not to mention, that Caceres and DCcannot keep the pace of pushing forward, and then trailing back, every week for 90 minutes.....there will be some serious defensive breakdowns

Candreva didnt look too comfortable out there today, but Amauri was a pleasant surprise.

Buffon made a rare mistake

DP and Diego played well together

Zebina and Legro are liabilities

Sissoko was in and out of the game (his passing was slightly better today)

Zac has to go back to a 4 man defense, no question about it

Hambon

Lion of the Desert
Apr 22, 2005
We are still so STATIC!! ffs at one point there was absolutely NO ONE moving when diego had the ball, he just kept dribbling around looking for someone to make a god damn move so he can squeeze a pass through... 70% of our attacks barely had any movement from our players. They just seem to stand there and wait for sometning to happen... :sergio:

I pray to god we get a great tactician this summer or its OVA!!

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
We did finally win, but I know we played better with a 4 3 1 2. Genoa had way more chances of scoring than we did, we won by luck. This formation that we are using doesn't look convincing at all.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

I saw some pretty poor highlights and wow, DP is getting pretty good at imitating Inzaghi at penalties. I like it. :D

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Very lucky, probably undeserved win for us. But I'll take whatever I can get right now, obviously.

Our first half was absolutely dreadful, the 3 man defence nothing short of laughable. Improved approach after the break, but not entirely convincing either.

I sure hope Zac isn't blinded by the result & will let go of the idea to play with 3 at the back. It just doesn't feel right & I don't think it ever will. Plus, it makes a lot of players look rather clueless, just not knowing what to do & where to position themselves.

It will be very interesting to see how we'll continue from now on.

Buffon 4 - Probably the most relieved man in Turin yesterday. How bizarre would it have been if he of all people would cost us our 1st win in weeks?
Zebina 6 - Not bad. Especially if you consider it was his 1st real game in ages. I don't like him in that position though, since it neutralizes one of his stronger points (which is going up & down the flanks).
Legrottaglie 6 - Generally did quite well in the center of defense. A few difficult moments, but he may just be the guy who's going to adapt to the 3 man defense the quickest.
Chiellini 6 - No glaring mistakes, but he was one of our players that looked clueless on more than one occasion. I think it's gonna take a lot of time for him to get used to the 3 man defense.
Caceres 6 - Another one of our guys who's been made to look (even more) clueless with this formation. Credit for his workrate & the brilliant assist, but I sure hope we're not gonna rely on him in that position.
De Ceglie 5,5 - Quiet game. Odd, since he should be the one to thrive in such a formation.
Candreva 5,5 - I don't yet know what to make of him. Definitely an interesting player but another one who, I feel, was played out of position.
Sissoko 5,5 - Some vintage tackling & very useful as always. But he also had his fair share of little troubles, possibly due to the formation.
Diego 6 - Nice little flick for the assist & you can't blame his workrate, as always. Needs to think & act a lot faster though.
Del Piero 6,5 - His first hour was absolutely dreadful. By far the worst (& slowest) player on the pitch. He made up for it.
Amauri 6 - Surprisingly useful. Even more surprisingly was his well taken goal.

Marchisio 6 - Lively. Made his presence known in that short time.
Salihamidzic -
Giovinco -

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)